Modern & Spacious Private Room & Bath in a 2BR Apt. Perfect for biz travelers, couples, tourists or globetrotters looking for luxury living that still feels like home. Great amenities in a very accessible location.
Located in a brand new apartment building, the room itself is spacious enough to comfortably fit two. Includes:
- Comfy queen bed
- Work desk
- Your own mini-fridge & kettle
- A walk-in closet with plenty of hangers
- What we love about it is the privacy - the apartment is on a pretty high level, so there's zero street noise, and your window looks out onto a small patch of green.
- Really great, abundant natural light.
The full bathroom is 100% yours to use and private.
- Comes with shampoo/soap in case you don't want to bring your own
- Hairdryer, towels and essentials like toothpaste. Basically, this place can be your home away from home!
The rest of the apartment:
- Cable TV, 32" Hitachi HD TV
- High-speed WIFI
- Fully equipped kitchen. Heavy cooking not recommended though, as the ventilation isn't the best (so we try to avoid heavy frying or the like ourselves).
- Feel free to use the microwave, electric kettle, oven, cutlery, dishes, dishwasher etc.
- Have your meals at our dining table that seats four
- Washer/dryer with detergent included
- Steam iron
- Lounge on our couch! (It's our favorite piece of furniture.)
The apartment building
- Is brand new (~1 year old), and we love it.
- The lounge, pool and gym on the club level are awesome and fully accessible
- Free WIFI in the lounge and lobby areas.
- The lounge especially is great for doing work, or just hanging out with the huge TV/fireplace/pool table and the nice view of the neighborhood.
- Pool is about 3ft3 and is just great to splash around in, plus plenty of deck chairs to sun bathe on during the summer
- There's free Starbucks coffee & tea in the lobby till noon (and a Starbucks right outside building, in fact!)
Interaction with Guests
We're a young professional married couple, expats from Singapore. Have lived in DC for about three years now. We're pretty chill. If you love your privacy and would just like to keep to yourself, we'd be more than happy to leave you alone. :) But if you want to have someone to hang out with some evenings, we're game too. Cecil, my husband works in a office, but I sometimes work from home as a freelancer. So if you're home in the day you might see me hanging around. We're both likely to be around in the evenings watching TV or hanging out in our room, but we're definitely pretty low-key.
There's a supermarket (Safeway) and CVS just across the street, with other restaurants close by offering a range of options. Vietnamese pho, Chipotle, Ben's Chill Bowl, Ray's The Third (formerly Ray's Hell Burger), Tom Yum District, Roti mediterranean grill, sandwich shops, food trucks…you name it. It's a really convenient and accessible place to live, with plentiful and affordable food options (very important!).
The Rosslyn metro station is just 3 blocks away, a 3 minute walk.The bus stop to Georgetown, DuPont Circle etc. is another 5 minute walk away too.
- 5 - 10 minutes metro ride away from all major DC attractions (Smithsonian, National Mall, White House…)
Other Things to Note
We've prepared plenty of handy guides, maps, takeout menus etc. so you'll be able to get plugged in quickly and find your way around! Also, I am just a knock on the door/text/email/call away in case you need anything during your stay.
About the security deposit: The fee is mainly for the door key and elevator fob - they are electronically coded and cost $150 :)
Check in/out timings - We may be able to accommodate your schedule, please let us know in your request.
We're looking for responsible individuals or couples who are looking for a peaceful, pleasant stay.
- We're shoes-off types, so please remove them when you're in the apartment or in your room.
- Please be respectful and clean. No large parties or smoking please!
Kerrie and Cecil were extremely considerate and welcoming hosts, putting a lot of thought and effort into making me feel at home.
The listing (and previous reviews) were accurate, and I couldn't have picked a better place to stay!
Kerrie and Cecil were very welcoming and I highly recommend staying with them. Whether it was making last minute changes to my reservations or meeting me at midnight because of a late flight, they were always accommodating. Kerri was quick to respond to any messages or questions and was a great host.
The room was clean, spacious and quiet, and had a walk-in closet!
Kerrie was pleasant and a good host. She met me in the lobby and provided me with a key and fob so I could come and go without bothering her. It was quiet and the room met my expectations.
Kerrie and Cecil were great hosts. Kerrie welcomed me and gave me a tour of the place which is a very nice unit in a modern high rise apartment building. I enjoyed meeting and conversing with both of my hosts who are professionals with an interesting history.
My room was spacious with a comfortable bed, drawers and a closet for my belongings and a desk and plenty of outlets for my gadgets. There was a dedicated bathroom for my use.
The location is great with lots of restaurants (Heavy Seas Ale House was 400' away ;-) access to the metro. I also enjoyed running on Roosevelt Island and along the Potomac River both of which were 5 minutes away. Kerrie created a very thorough Guide to finding places in the area. I highly recommend this host to anyone who is entertaining a stay in the Rosslyn Arlington area.
Kerrie and Cecil were very welcoming. The place was very nice and was close to everything that we wanted to see. We would definitely stay with them again and would recommend them to anyone.
Kerrie and Cecil were so kind and accommodating, and always made sure I had whatever I needed. The apartment and building is beautiful; the bedroom and bathroom are large, clean, and fully stocked with towels, linens, and toiletries. I did some light cooking in the kitchen and a few rounds of laundry with no trouble, and really enjoyed using the gym on the top floor. The location is super convenient to the Rosslyn metro, good restaurants (both fast-food and sit-down) and supermarket/drugstores. I would definitely come back if I need to stay in the DC area again!
Awesome space very close to anything in DC. Host is clean, courteous, and we could not have asked for anything more.
Is anyone else stumped when you're asked to describe yourself in a paragraph? Anyway, here goes: I love to travel, love art & design & great style. On the quieter side - not immediately chatty but can talk up a storm once you get to know me better. To me, nothing's better than good food & a good book, preferably simultaneously.