About This Listing
Furnished 1 bedroom apartment with garden patio located 4 blocks from beautiful Rittenhouse Square. Excellent space for a short term work assignment, a week of vacation or a weekend getaway! It can comfortably sleep up to 4 adults. Utilize the well-appointed galley kitchen to prepare meals in-house or dine out at one of the many restaurants or coffee shops located within a two block radius.
The first floor contains the living/dining room area and a galley kitchen. The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas range, microwave oven, full-size refrigerator, coffeemaker, as well as pots, pans, cooking utensils and dinnerware to make cooking and dining a breeze. The living room also has a sleeper sofa that pulls out to a full-sized bed and can sleep 2 additional guests if needed. The back door leads to a quaint brick patio with a table, two chairs, and plants and flowers galore creating a relaxed setting for an outdoor meal or simply to enjoy the outdoors.
There is a standard stairway with handrailing to the second floor loft where you’ll find the fully furnished bedroom. There are always fresh linens on the queen-sized bed, and a double wide dresser, a desk, and two nicely sized closets with plenty of hangers available for you. The full bath comes supplied with soap, shampoo, and plenty of fresh towels.
A free wireless internet connection is available throughout. For those staying for an extended period of time, laundry and cleaning services are available on a weekly basis for additional cost.
A separate rental agreement between the Guest and Host, which summarizes the agreed upon dates, the rental fee paid to Airbnb, and general conditions about renting the apartment, including the House Rules that appear under this listing, will be sent to the Guest for review and signature prior to check-in.
Rates vary depending on length of stay. Monthly, Weekly and Daily rates are available. As of July 2013 the following standard/holiday rates will apply; the weekday rate is $90.00 regular/$100.00 holiday per night; the weekend rate is $105.00 regular/$117.00 holiday per night.
There is a $25 cleaning fee per stay in order to help defray the costs of cleaning and preparing the apartment for the next guest.
Parking does not come with the apartment but temporary Guest Parking Permits are available if requested in advance. Parking information can be found under the Housing Rules.
The apartment has a private entrance for Guests and the Guests will have access to the entire apartment and outdoor patio in the courtyard.
The private entrance to the apartment is located on a quiet side street, situated between 2 major SEPTA bus routes [#17 & #40] so you’ll have easy access to events at Penn’s Landing along the Delaware River, food shopping at Reading Terminal Market, specialty shopping on South Street, and of course site seeing in Historic Philadelphia.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 2 P.M. EST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS BY 11 A.M. EST. Any arrival or departure outside of these time frames may be assessed an additional surcharge and must be arranged in advance with the Host.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the unit only.
3. NO ANIMALS or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The standard number of guests at the location is two (2) persons. A charge of $20.00 per person per night will be added to the rental fee for any guests in addition to the standard two (2) Guest(s) per night. The Guest(s) shall have no more than 4 (four) persons reside or sleep on the premises during their rental period.
5. LOCKS and KEYS – The host will provide you a specific 4 digit access code for the apartment’s keyless entry system. The access code is specific to your visit and is not to be shared with any person outside of your immediate party staying in the apartment. To unlock the door, enter the 4 digit access code. When you hear the click, push down on the handle to open the door. The lock will reset after 5 seconds. Upon entry, there will be a set of keys for the front door, for the back door ,and for the courtyard gate. When checking out, you should leave all the keys on the table and just make sure that the bottom lock is locked. It is not necessary to lock the dead bolt upon check out.
Front Door: There are two keys for the front door. The bottom lock can be opened with your 4 digit access code or with the key marked(website hidden)(Front/Bottom). The top lock is a dead bolt that you can open with the key marked FT(Front/Top).
Back Door: There are two keys for the back door. The bottom lock can be opened with the key marked BB (Back/Bottom). The top lock is a dead bolt that you can open with the key marked BT(Back/Top).
Courtyard Gate: There is one key for the Courtyard Gate and it can be opened with the key marked CG. If using the Courtyard Gate, please make sure that it is securely closed and it will lock automatically.
Additional key sets for the front door only can be provided as needed. A fee of $25.00 will be charged for any lost key or if a key is not returned at the end of the rental period. Guest(s) must ALWAYS lock the doors if they are not in the apartment. An additional deadbolt on the front and back doors can be locked for extra security. While on the premises, it is up to the Guest(s) to lock doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
6. ALL UTILITIES – such as electric, gas, and water will be paid by the Host. It is requested that all Guest(s) use these services as they would commonly use them in their own home with respect to energy savings. All lights should be turned off when leaving the premises and heat/air conditioning turned off if gone for the entire day.
7. GAS APPLIANCES - Guest(s) are advised that the property contains a gas stove and cook top, as well as gas heating, and should seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
8. AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING - Guest(s) are requested to keep the Air conditioning thermostat set at 72 degrees or above and the heat thermostat set at 68 degrees or below. The apartment heats up quickly in the winter, so you may need to adjust the thermostat to your liking. The fan setting on the right of the thermostat must be set to “Auto”. This will allow the fan to switch on when the heat or air conditioning is triggered. The doors and windows should be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
9. NO LAND LINE PHONE - The Guest(s) are advised that there is no land line phone service on the premises.
10. FIRE EXTINGUISHER/SMOKE ALARM - The property has a smoke detector installed on the second floor it is believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest(s) will notify management without delay if a smoke detector “chirps” or has a low battery condition. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the coat closet just inside the front door on the first floor. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the Guest(s) to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest(s) agree to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies. Guest(s) are advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
11. CONSUMABLE PROVISIONS FROM HOST - The Host will provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Host’s family. A small supply of toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, paper towels, shampoos, and other consumables are made available when the Guest(s) arrive. Any additional consumables during the rental period are to be purchased by the Guest(s). No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Guest(s) arrive the Guest(s) are free to use them.
12. CONVENIENCE ITEMS FROM HOST - The following items are provided to the Guest(s) as a convenience only. There is no additional cost for these items and they are not integral to the agreement. Manuals for appliances can be found in the apartment Guidebook located on the bottom shelf of the TV Stand. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to any of these items or services.
c.KEURIG SINGLE CUP COFFEE BREWING SYSTEM
(website hidden) CART WITH WOOD BLOCK CUTTING BOARD TOP
(website hidden) PLAYER (a small number of DVD’s are in the apartment; ask the host for a list of additional DVD’s for borrowing during your stay)
i.WIRELESS INTERNET (ask host for required password to access the wireless internet)
j.IRON and IRONING BOARD
(website hidden) CLOCK RADIO/ALARM
n.BOARD GAMES/DECK OF CARDS
If any of these items or services breaks or is not working properly during your stay, please notify the host immediately so that the item or service can be fixed. Efforts will be made to correct the situation within an 8 hour time frame.
13. ADDITIONAL LINENS – There are sufficient linens and towels available in the apartment for the length of your stay. If you need additional linens during your stay, please make arrangements with the host upon your arrival. For longer stays (greater than 7 days), fresh linens and towels will be provided by the host each week. On the agreed upon day, the guest will place all dirty linens and towels in the available laundry bag and leave the bag inside the front door for pick up by 5PM by the host. The Host will pick up the dirty linens and exchange them for fresh linens. The fresh linens will be left on the living room chair.
14. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate, however, weekly maid service can be made available at an additional cost to the Guest(s). Please make your request or arrangements for weekly cleaning and/or laundry services through the Host prior to or immediately upon your arrival.
15. TRASH REMOVAL AND RECYCLING - The Guest(s) shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. All trash should be placed in the available trash bins located on each floor and place any recyclables (paper, glass, plastic, aluminum) in the blue recycle bin located off the right hand side of the patio. Both trash and recyclables are picked up early (7 AM) each Tuesday morning. Guest(s) shall place the trash and/or recyclables on the front sidewalk for pickup each Tuesday morning during their stay. Guest(s) must not put trash and recyclables on the sidewalk prior to 8 PM on Monday evening and must bring the blue recycle bin back in the apartment no later than Tuesday at 8 PM. Not doing so could result in a fine from the city, which will be charged to the Guest(s).
16. PARKING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD – A reserved parking space does not come with the apartment rental. There are several options when it comes to parking in the Rittenhouse Square area. There are privately owned Parking Garages nearby, there is On Street Parking, both metered and free, all within a 1 to 3 block radius of the apartment and there is a Guest Parking Permit option that allows you to park in the same spot from 2:00 PM on day of check-in through 11:00 AM on day of check out. The Host can provide you more information if you provide your travel plans and how you intend to use your car while in Philadelphia.
•Parking Garage: Parking is available in two local parking garages within 1 to 2 blocks from the apartment. The garage costs range from $20-$24 per 24 hr period; with no in and out privileges. Or if you want to just park overnight and use your car during the day, some garages may have special overnight rates as well. You would need to make your own arrangements for parking in those locations. Here is a link to a great site that can assist you with finding the best garage parking in the city. You may want to check out the website before making a decision on purchasing a temporary parking permit from me. (website hidden)
•On-Street Parking: Paying to park on the street is the other option. Regular on-street parking is metered at approximately $2.00 per hour. There are a few blocks that are not metered, but you could get ticketed if you don’t move your car every 2 hours. Most streets have free parking from 8:00 PM in the evening until 8:00 AM the following morning, Monday thru Saturday. If you are arriving late in the day and leaving early the next morning, this may be a cheaper option for you, but keep in mind that finding a parking spot on the street after 6:00 PM could take quite some time and may not be in the immediate vicinity of the apartment.
•Guest Parking Permit: A Guest Parking Permit allows for parking in a dedicated spot on Rodman Street. The Guest Parking Permit costs $10.00 per day and the use of the permit is valid from 2:00 PM on day of check-in thru 11:00 AM on day of check out. With the permit, you can use your car for short trips and park it again later in the same spot on the street as often as you wish through final check out. You can request a Parking Permit through the Host. When requested in advance, Parking Permits will be provided to the Guest(s) at time of arrival. Guest(s) must properly display the parking permit on their vehicle window at all times. Failure to display the permit may result in parking fines or the towing of the vehicle at the Guest’(s) expense.
17. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND – Any valuable items left behind by Guest(s) will be held for the Guest(s) and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest(s) for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Host. The Host shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
18. NOISE LEVELS - The Guest(s) shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Guest(s) shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. This is especially necessary when using the garden patio. The patio is part of a larger courtyard to which seven other properties have access. The courtyard has a tendency to carry voices and sounds fairly well. For that reason, it is important to adhere to the quiet hours of 10 PM on weeknights and 12 midnight on weekends. Any outdoor noise after these times should be kept at a low volume.
19. INSURANCE FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY - The Guest(s) and Guest(s’) visitors shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Host against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest(s) expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Host may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guest(s), and that Guest(s) should purchase their own insurance for Guest(s) and visitors if such coverage is desired.
20. CANCELLATIONS: The Rental Deposit amount is fully refundable up to 5 (five) days prior to the beginning of the rental period. If notice is given less than five days prior to the rental period, the Host shall have the right to retain 50% of the Rental Deposit at the Host’s discretion. There are no refunds of rents given due to shortened stays or ruined expectations due to weather conditions, work and family emergencies or other commitments.
21. PRIOR TO CHECK OUT - The Guest(s) are asked to respect the host’s property and clean up after themselves so that the premises are in a good, clean, condition, at the expiration of the rental agreement. You can use the short checklist below to remind you of the few things that any guest staying at a friend’s house would do to help clean up after themselves.
_____ a.All sheets and pillow cases are stripped from the bed and placed in the laundry bag. All used bathroom and kitchen towels are placed in the laundry bag.
_____ b.Pillows, comforter and any additional blankets used are folded and placed on the bed.
_____ c.Sleeper sofa, if used for sleeping, is stripped of linens and returned to the normal sitting position. Linens and pillow cases are placed in laundry bag. Comforter is folded and left on the sofa.
_____ d.All trash is collected and placed in the kitchen trash bin.
_____ e.Any dishes or cookware that was used is washed, dried, and placed in the available dish strainer to dry properly.
_____ f.All lights in the house are turned off. All windows, back door, and front door are securely closed and locked. All keys to the apartment are left on the dining table.
Where to start. Mike is the MOST ORGANIZED HOSTER I'VE SEEN on Airbnb. He had a folder w/ all of our info printed out. Had parking passes ready for us and a personalized door code as well.
The place is clean and kept, and is in easy walking distance to the rest of Rittenhouse.
Staying at Michael's apartment was a pleasure. The parking was perfect and the apartment was clean and comfortable. Great location as well. We had a wonderful meal at Tequila's!
The apartment was great, meticulously clean, and Michael made the apartment even more welcoming by providing an information packet complete with apartment instructions, transportation and getting around information, as well as a basket of goodies. The apartment is at a great location, close to the lovely Rittenhouse square and everything I needed was within walking distance. The apartment is well equipped with all the amenities of a hotel room but without the alienation and dreariness of hotels.
Really enjoyed my stay. Wholeheartedly recommend.
This was a beautiful apartment in a gorgeous neighborhood. The apartment was spotlessly clean and felt very welcoming. Given that I came in on an early flight, I was able to drop off my luggage with Michael for a nominal fee before check-in. At that time, Michael also provided me with lots of information about things to do in Philadelphia, places to eat, etc. I felt very well taken care of and I loved that the apartment felt safe and serene. I would definitely stay here again.
Our stay at Mike's apartement was great. Mike was a perfect host and helped out whenever we had problems.
Philly is a very nice city and Rittenhouse Square is a perfect place to stay. A lot of restaurants and shops are nearby. It is even possible to walk from the apartement to the historic district.
We had a very pleasant stay - the neighborhood was nice and quiet and within walking distance of quite a few amenities. It was a great experience.
About the Host, Michael
I've travelled a great deal for both business and pleasure in the United States and throughout the world and enjoy the big city atmosphere, but am also drawn to the historical landscapes of an area that help define the people and their culture. Highlights of my travels include, touring the Austrailian outback, discovering old world Europe in such beautiful locations as Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Paris, Cologne, Lyon, and Berlin, trekking thru a Tanzanian game preserve and hiking the snows of Kilimanjaro. I've gained quite a bit of experience as a guest and hopefully I am able to use that experience to be a better host. Although low-keyed and laid back, I have an attention to detail that is geared towards making your stay in Philadelphia a very pleasant one. Whether your on business, on vacation, or celebrating a special occasion, I want your stay in Philly to be as enjoyable as it can be. When I'm not hosting or traveling, I try to keep up with my running, and thankfully Philly has some great running locations that make it pretty easy.