I am offering single rooms or the apartment itself in the neighborhood of Leblon for rent during throughout the year, Newyears, Christmas, or Carnival, or the days until then and afterwards.
The apartment has 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, cleaning area, A / C, etc. It is also fully furnished, aside from having internet, WiFi and cable + TVs in every room.
However I am also offering individual rooms for rent, depending on the needs and budget.
The apartment is in the famous and exclusive neighbourhood of Leblon ( Zona Sul ), 1 block from Ipanema, 2 blocks from the beach ( both Ipanema and leblon ) and 2 blocks from the Lagoa ( Lagoon ). Just a few meters away there is also Leblon Shopping Mall and a Subway bus stop, as well as a view to the Christ and Jardim de Alah.
Im am fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, and being a foreigner myself, living in Rio for several years now , I understand the unique needs that people staying abroad need, as well as being always available for any local assistance or friendly touring.
For any information or doubts I am available through AirBnB.
Rodrigo's apartment is extremely well located! It's close to the best spot in the beach - posto 9 and all the good bars and restaurants in Ipanema. We were very well received and had a great stay! The room is big, clean and quiet. Rodrigo and Daniela were very nice, gave us a lot of tips and even went out with us one night! I highly recommend to stay with them!
Apartamento con excelente ubicación, cómodo y limpio. Lo mejor la atención y amabilidad de las personas con las que compartí, gracias por toda la ayuda prestada y los buenos momentos a pesar de mi corta estadía. 100% recomendado y nos veremos pronto de nuevo.
Rodrigo's apartment is really big and comfy to 5 or 6 people. We were in a big group (8 people) and it makes the place a bit crowded. The location is perfect, so close to the wonderful Leblon beach and at same time close to the Rodrigo de Freitas lagoon. There is a lot of restaurants and banks at the street. Also is easy to take bus or other public transportation. There is a lot of stuffs (host's stuffs) and small thing needing repair, but nothing is reason to not stay there. Rodrigo is a nice guy, and was flexible with check in and check out time. If you want a good location, a nice host, in a amazing beach, I recommend this place.
We rented a room with a private bathroom for the week of New Years Eve 2013.
Let's start with the Good:
-Rodrigo is a really nice person. He gave us recommendations to bars and restaurants and how to move around the city. Also, he invited us to spend new years with his group of friends, something we really enjoyed.
-Regarding the apartment, is situated in an excellent location, close to bus lines, shops, restaurants and the beach.
Now the Bad:
- There's a lot of smoking in the apartment, if you have any kind of breathing problems, like my girlfriend has, you should stay away.
- The internet sucks. I couldn't have a (website hidden) conversation and it would disconnect every 15 minutes. It would only work after 10pm. The router is located inside one of the private rooms, and since it was occupied, internet wouldn't work until the guest woke up.
- Overcrowded. At one time, there 8 people for just one bathroom.
This was mostly because the 3 people who live in the apartment often slept on the couches.
- The biggest problem we had, was that we booked a private room, and after paying, the host told us that the room was no longer available, but we would get a better, bigger room. Which wasn't true. The room was full of stuff, so we couldn't unpack, or move around much and the fact that we had to share a bathroom with 6 other people was a huge issue for us.
- The bed is not for two people. We had to sleep on our side cause we couldn't fit on our backs.
So, as you can tell, we had a lot of problems. I wouldn't "highly recommend" this apartment, especially if you are renting as a couple and you dislike smoking, crowded houses, and sharing bathrooms.
-First, I highly appreciate the positive comments as well as complementing the personal aspects concerning the attention and assistance offered.
As for the few aspects that could have been incompatible with expectations, I would like to clarify some details to avoid further misunderstandings:
1) Smoking is indeed allowed on the apartment, however it only takes place in the commun area of the living room. Also, when someone smokes, windows are always open.
2) We have one of the fastest internet packages in Brazil, however, the telecommunications sector in Brazil has a lot of problems, and during the days up to new years and after, due to the sudden influx of tourists, the speed, city-wide, lowered.
3) Before the payment was made, it was explained that the room with a bathroom was no longer available, and it was mutually agreed to switch rooms for no extra cost. The new room offered was indeed previously shown (by AirBnB verified photos), and it is is indeed bigger (at least 50%), having a large sofa, working table and study desk that would not fit in the other rooms. As well as it being the most quiet one.
4) The apartment was indeed full, which is normal at this time of the year in Rio, since it is the peak of the high season. The amount of people in it are compatible with the price charged, lower than a hotel or a hostel with private rooms.
5) The bed is a little smaller than queen-sized (as it can be perfectly seen in the official AirBnB pictures), however several couples have stayed there before without any problem.
6) The bathroom was indeed shared, just as explained before the payment was done, but it was kept in good conditions.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.