About this listing
This cozy apartment is located in the basement of a newly renovated house originally built in 1905 on a quiet one-way family street in Toronto's Bloordale Village neighbourhood. Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen, Laundry and Bath. You have your own entrance with shared access to the backyard and patio. Free High Speed Wi-Fi also included. You can bring your own laptop and watch Netflix, or choose from some of the free HD channels that come in on the antenna.
We are 2 blocks (about 7 min walk) from Dufferin Subway Station on the Bloor line - in another 10 minutes you could be in Yorkville, Annex, High Park or University of Toronto. In 20 minutes you could be in the Financial District, Club District, or Union Station. Even closer to the bus - one route will take you to the bars and restaurants on College St. and the art galleries and stores of West Queen West. But - there is no need to go anywhere....
...We love this area for the amount of things to see and do within walking distance. You cannot walk far without hitting some of the best Portuguese, Korean and East African food to be had in Toronto. The markets and cafes on Bloor are everywhere, and we have lots of vintage/thrift clothes shopping. We are right around the block from a delicious Waffle Bar (yes, waffles - (website hidden)) where you can also go for pints and (sometimes) live jazz and comedy at night. Speaking of comedy, 12 min walk to Comedy Bar ((website hidden)) for a more regularly scheduled (yet edgy) evening's entertainment. 3 Speed Cafe and Bar has one of the coolest back patios in the city - complete with brick oven.
Perfect location to also explore: Dufferin Grove Park, Big on Bloor Festival, Korean Festival, TIFF, Winterlicous, Scotiabank Nuit Blanche. If you like Antiques, walk to the Junction. We are also a 10 min walk from the Dufferin Mall which is huge and also has groceries & beer.
There is a quiet bedroom with queen size bed and memory foam mattress that everyone raves about. The living room is a great place to watch a movie, or read from the library. The backyard patio means you can sit out and have a beer and enjoy the sunshine and neighbourhood sounds.
- Child friendly! While there is only one queen sized bed, we have a portable crib or blow-up mattress available for small children (advanced notice, please!)
- Fully stocked kitchen...herbs/spices, pots/pans, microwave, coffee maker, blender, etc.
- Sheets and linens, towels
- Washer and dryer in apartment, free.
- DVD Player on a Sony Bravia widescreen. We don't have cable, but we get several HD channels over-the-air.
- internet connection, DVDs, board games, books, stereo ipod dock, to make your stay more enjoyable
- Street parking available with permit issued by city ($10/day, $13/2 days; $22/week)
- Guide books for Toronto and surrounding areas
- Large, fenced-in backyard with covered patio, garden
We are a young family who love to meet new people, sit on the back porch and offer up suggestions of our favourite places to show visitors in Toronto. We live in the unit above this apartment with our 2 young sons.
- The entrance to the apartment involves going in the lane between our house and the neighbours, which is a bit tight - just wide enough for a bicycle. if you have something wider to bring in, we can go through the house or garage on arrival
- There is one short flight of 4 stairs down to the apartment from the backyard.
Guests have sole access to the apartment, including the laundry, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room and dining area. Guests have access to the backyard - this is shared with us. There is a BBQ which guests are invited to use, but please remember to turn off the propane when you are done!
Guests do not have access to our house, which is the top 2 floors of the building.
Interaction with Guests
we live on the premises and often bump into guests in the backyard for casual conversations.
Our neighbourhood is quickly changing, and there are superb restaurants, bars, and shops opening up at Bloor, just a 5 minute walk away. There are also tonnes of parks in the neighbourhood and it's a great area for just walking around
TTC stop is just at the end of the street, less than a 5 minute walk. Subway is just a bit further less than 10 minute walk, and then you are on the Bloor line, able to get anywhere within Toronto in no time, with no traffic. Bike Share program does not yet reach our neighbourhood, but the closest bike station is just 2 subway stops away at Christie Pitts Subway.
There is abundant street parking on our street, and getting a permit is as easy as paying online with a credit card.
Absolutely no smoking, inside or in backyard.
Please notify owner if there are additional guests staying beyond 2.
Please always close and lock the ground floor entrance door when entering and exiting building.
Only registered guests on premises, please!