About this listing
Our suite offers prime water and mountain views, and lots of privacy. Clean & perfectly furnished; authentic watercolor renderings of popular scenic Sausalito views. Ideal for busy exec's or visitors who desire long-term stays (one month or longer).
Cozy and beautifully appointed, our Garden Suite suite is often described by our guests as a “cottage," though technically speaking, it isn't. Endless light streams in through windows and French doors. Bright, airy and cheerful, just the place to relax, come to rest and think clearly.
Lovely appointments & amenities include –
Private separate entry.
Plush queen bed.
Oriental carpets grace wood floors.
Built-in teak desk.
Fully equipped stainless steel mini-kitchen.
Pantry stocked upon arrival.
Spacious bath with marble floors and Victorian touches:
claw-foot tub with shower & European-style hand-held sprayer.
Cable TV: (Samsung) extra thin led/lcd hi-def TV
Private redwood deck.
Views of Bay & Mt. Tam.
Weekly housecleaning and linen refresh.
Very quiet; lots of sound-proofing; double-glazed windows & doors ensure privacy & temperature control. Secluded, scenic sanctuary.
Easy walk to Caledonia District, library, parks, restaurants, shops and cinema; and Sunday Farmers Market at shoreline Dunphy Park.
Easy access to nearby sports activities such as kayaking, sailboat rentals, hiking trails, walking tours of floating home communities; and only 10-minute walk to downtown Sausalito & SF-bound ferry landing.
Our guest unit is located on the northwest side of our Victorian cottage, which is perched atop a hill, and looks at Mt. Tamalpias and bay waters. Lush gardens afford privacy as your steps ascend to your French doors.
Interaction with Guests
Even though we may not see or hear one-another for days at a time, we live on the very same property, and always glad to lend a hand. Just call, email or knock, we are pleased to serve as your concierge when ever needed.
happily, we are located in the "banana belt" and only steps away from the town's library, community center, and town parks; also the local shopping district is just a few steps away, too, along Caledonia Street, where you'll find a cinema, eateries, personal care salons, trendy apparel fine art galleries, grocery stores and more.
we're centrally located, so getting around on foot or bike is great; car also works. we also have taxi services and of course, public transit.
Other Things to Note
so many things to see and do right here in our own town and area. visit the Bay Model, or even local recording studios, watch wooden boats being built, take a sailing lesson, go kayaking or sculling, walking or jogging, or just sit in a chair at a sidewalk cafe and enjoy your favorite refreshment, and enjoy people-watching!
This unit can only accommodate two people. Absolutely no smoking, no drugs, no pets. No loud parties or rude behavior.
Please read on:
1. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to make repairs or to enforce the terms of this agreement. In the event of repairs, Landlord will make every effort to be in communication with Tenant regarding the repairs at least 24 hours in advance. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. There is no landline available for your use. Tenant must provide for own telephone service through cell phone. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
3. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. A damage deposit may be assessed for damage in excess of normal wear and tear.
4. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash secured bin during their stay for pickup. Monday evenings all waste is put out in designated areas; the garbage is picked up early Tuesday mornings. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The Tenant(s) agree to treat the premises and its contents with care. Both Landlord and Tenant(s) agree that GOOD FAITH must enforce this Agreement; and therefore if any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear is discovered upon Tenants' departure (or during stay), or if any inventory items go missing upon departure, such as dishware, flatware, bed, bath or table linens, decorative or utility appointments, etc., Tenant agrees in GOOD FAITH to pay for said damage or replacement.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
7. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
8. The Tenants shall constitute no more than two (2) people, no more than two (2) persons may reside or sleep on the premises per rental period.
9. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home and off premises. No fires, burning of candles or matches on site is permitted.
11. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord's family. Toilet paper, soap, shampoos, dish detergent and certain other consumables also are provided by Landlord.
12. The Tenant(s) and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
13. Tenant(s) must be able to climb and descend garden steps (over 30) and agrees to hold Landlord harmless in case of injury.
14. Tenant(s) agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
15. Tenant(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence, a household, or a commercial office.
16. Tenant(s) shall respect the wishes of Landlord as to parking availability and access on the street proximate to the property. Tenant(s) must be clearly educated on the “72-Hour" parking rule for all vehicles, both temporary and long-term via briefing with Landlord upon move-in.
17. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
18. Tenant(s) agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
19. Tenant(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc., shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
20. Tenant(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc., when it's prudent to do so. When going out or leaving premises, Tenant agrees to secure and lock all doors and windows as demonstrated by Landlord at commencement of stay.
21. Valuable items found to be left behind by Tenant will be held for Tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Tenant for return. If items are not claimed within six (6) months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
22. Cable TV basic service is provided by Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service. Tenant(s) shall pay for add-on programs or other items purchased via this cable service.
23. High-speed wireless Internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to Internet service.