Our suite offers prime water and mountain views, and lots of privacy. Clean & perfectly furnished; authentic watercolor renderings of popular scenic Sausalito views. Ideal for busy exec's or visitors who desire long-term stays (one month or longer).
Cozy and beautifully appointed, our Garden Suite suite is often described by our guests as a “cottage,” though technically speaking, it isn’t. Endless light streams in through windows and French doors. Bright, airy and cheerful, just the place to relax, come to rest and think clearly.
Lovely appointments & amenities include –
Private separate entry.
Plush queen bed.
Oriental carpets grace wood floors.
Built-in teak desk.
Fully equipped stainless steel mini-kitchen.
Pantry stocked upon arrival.
Spacious bath with marble floors and Victorian touches:
claw-foot tub with shower & European-style hand-held sprayer.
Cable TV: (Samsung) extra thin led/lcd hi-def TV
Private redwood deck.
Views of Bay & Mt. Tam.
Weekly housecleaning and linen refresh.
Very quiet; lots of sound-proofing; double-glazed windows & doors ensure privacy & temperature control. Secluded, scenic sanctuary.
Easy walk to Caledonia District, library, parks, restaurants, shops and cinema; and Sunday Farmers Market at shoreline Dunphy Park.
Easy access to nearby sports activities such as kayaking, sailboat rentals, hiking trails, walking tours of floating home communities; and only 10-minute walk to downtown Sausalito & SF-bound ferry landing.
Our guest unit is located on the northwest side of our Victorian cottage, which is perched atop a hill, and looks at Mt. Tamalpias and bay waters. Lush gardens afford privacy as your steps ascend to your French doors.
Interaction with Guests
Even though we may not see or hear one-another for days at a time, we live on the very same property, and always glad to lend a hand. Just call, email or knock, we are pleased to serve as your concierge when ever needed.
happily, we are located in the "banana belt" and only steps away from the town's library, community center, and town parks; also the local shopping district is just a few steps away, too, along Caledonia Street, where you'll find a cinema, eateries, personal care salons, trendy apparel fine art galleries, grocery stores and more.
we're centrally located, so getting around on foot or bike is great; car also works. we also have taxi services and of course, public transit.
Other Things to Note
so many things to see and do right here in our own town and area. visit the Bay Model, or even local recording studios, watch wooden boats being built, take a sailing lesson, go kayaking or sculling, walking or jogging, or just sit in a chair at a sidewalk cafe and enjoy your favorite refreshment, and enjoy people-watching!
This unit can only accommodate two people. Absolutely no smoking, no drugs, no pets. No loud parties or rude behavior.
Please read on:
1. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to make repairs or to enforce the terms of this agreement. In the event of repairs, Landlord will make every effort to be in communication with Tenant regarding the repairs at least 24 hours in advance. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. There is no landline available for your use. Tenant must provide for own telephone service through cell phone. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
3. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. A damage deposit may be assessed for damage in excess of normal wear and tear.
4. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash secured bin during their stay for pickup. Monday evenings all waste is put out in designated areas; the garbage is picked up early Tuesday mornings. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The Tenant(s) agree to treat the premises and its contents with care. Both Landlord and Tenant(s) agree that GOOD FAITH must enforce this Agreement; and therefore if any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear is discovered upon Tenants’ departure (or during stay), or if any inventory items go missing upon departure, such as dishware, flatware, bed, bath or table linens, decorative or utility appointments, etc., Tenant agrees in GOOD FAITH to pay for said damage or replacement.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
7. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
8. The Tenants shall constitute no more than two (2) people, no more than two (2) persons may reside or sleep on the premises per rental period.
9. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home and off premises. No fires, burning of candles or matches on site is permitted.
11. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, shampoos, dish detergent and certain other consumables also are provided by Landlord.
12. The Tenant(s) and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
13. Tenant(s) must be able to climb and descend garden steps (over 30) and agrees to hold Landlord harmless in case of injury.
14. Tenant(s) agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
15. Tenant(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence, a household, or a commercial office.
16. Tenant(s) shall respect the wishes of Landlord as to parking availability and access on the street proximate to the property. Tenant(s) must be clearly educated on the “72-Hour” parking rule for all vehicles, both temporary and long-term via briefing with Landlord upon move-in.
17. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
18. Tenant(s) agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
19. Tenant(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc., shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
20. Tenant(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc., when it’s prudent to do so. When going out or leaving premises, Tenant agrees to secure and lock all doors and windows as demonstrated by Landlord at commencement of stay.
21. Valuable items found to be left behind by Tenant will be held for Tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Tenant for return. If items are not claimed within six (6) months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
22. Cable TV basic service is provided by Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service. Tenant(s) shall pay for add-on programs or other items purchased via this cable service.
23. High-speed wireless Internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to Internet service.
The reservation was canceled 26 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Absolutely perfect. So clean, quaint, comfortable. Loved it. Babette and bill made us feel so at home. Their place is immaculately clean and homie. Definitely coming back to stay! Can't wait!
Our stay with Babette and Bill was wonderful. The accommodations were very clean and everything we could have wanted was there for us. We were provided with fresh coffee and breakfast items and even a bottle of champagne was waiting for us on our arrival! The location is very central, and after spending two very long days in the city, it was very relaxing to come back to Sausalito of an evening and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. There are lovely restaurants within walking distance, and it was very easy to feel like a local there. While Babette and Bill were very welcoming and offered many suggestions on things to do, they were also very unobtrusive and respected our privacy during our stay. I can not speak highly enough about them, or their wonderful suite, and would recommend this as a lovely, relaxing place to stay.
We needed a room for one of our friends to stay for a few days. Babette made sure that we got everything we needed. It's a sweet place in a stunning area of town. Highly recommended. thank you babette
This beautiful suite in Sausalito is immaculately clean, wonderfully decorated and very well furnished.
The hosts were fast to respond to our inquiries and very kind and accommodating with our late arrival and specific needs travelling with a trailer. We especially appreciated having some food and fresh fruit upon or arrival and enjoyed it for breakfast for several days.
We received many calls and emails throughout our stay to make sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Babette is very hospitable and even offered to share dinner with us after a long day there on business. Don't be surprised (like we were) that Babette will come into the suite to empty the garbages, provide clean towels, and straighten up.
It is very obvious how much thought and effort they have put into their suite and ensuring that their guests are comfortable.
We are honored to receive such glowing words from Elizabeth & Santiago; and delighted they enjoyed their stay with us. While they make references to being busy, and returning home late one evening after a long day of business, in their modesty, what they don't mention is what brought them here — Santiago is an accomplished artist and was accepted into the famous Sausalito Art Festival (the no. 1 juried outdoor annual art festival in North America). Indeed, the jury awarded him a prize in his category because his art stood out, even among the some 270 other artists who also exhibited during this exciting four-day Labor Day weekend event. It was because they were so busy with the Festival that we tried to provide extra care. We knew they had no spare time, so when they came home to relax, we didn't want them to be greeted by the "perfume" of old banana peels or spent take-out food containers. Our goal was to assure a restful stay, we hope they'll come again.
We had a wonderful stay in Babette's suite. It looks exactly like the photos and was super-clean. The bathroom is beautiful and the kitchenette so convenient. We felt like we'd hit the jackpot - that was our reaction. Babette even left us some goodies in the mini-fridge as well as fruit from her garden trees which was so considerate. Of course, it was on our last day there that we realized that we should have made fresh lemonade from the lemons!
We loved exploring Sausalito (beautiful place) and the Golden Gate bus and ferry systems made it easy to get back and forth to San Francisco. Babette's suite is located up a very steep hill but we looked at it as being a good way to get some extra exercise as we didn't rent a car while in California,
Babette was very welcoming (as was her husband Bill) and is a super host. She even went out of her way to make sure we caught the Marin Airporter in time for our return trip to the airport (thanks again Babette) and we were never in doubt that she would be more than happy, and able, to answer any questions that we might have had.
To sum up: If/when we return, we would have no hesitation at all in trying to book the Sausalito Bayview Garden Suite again.
Pam and Rob were truly ideal guests!
They were true "tourists" in that they took advantage of every opportunity to see as much as possible in both Sausalito and San Francisco by taking the bus and ferry. Our only regret is that their visit was entirely too short, as we would have appreciated a chance to spend time with them and get to know them better.
In their review of our Sausalito Garden Bayview Suite, Pam mentions that we live at the top of a steep hill, which is partially true. Sadly what she didn't know — and we didn't think to volunteer — is that all the cross-roads immediately south of us provide gentle incline/decline both up and down our hill, allowing people on foot to enjoy leisurely strolls without engaging in "ab burns." Thankfully, both Pam and Rob were keen to do as much walking as possible on this vacation; their hikes up and down the hills made it possible for them to return home looking even more toned than when they arrived.
Still, when I read Pam's review where she mentions that we live atop a steep hill, I was so shocked and even a little bit saddened because I only then realized that we never spoke about the more gentle approaches, which are many, to and from our house. It's certainly true that because we're a hillside community, generally Sausalito only offers flat dwellings if one lives on the water or can afford to have hillside properties flattened by excavating with heavy equipment. Our home sits above City Hall on a lovely and historic piece of property; we enjoy sharing its lore and picturesque views with visitors.
I'm glad to have this chance to share our lovely Sausalito cottage with our very special guests. My husband Bill and I enjoy living in this wonderful bayside village, where we have been actively involved in the community for many years. We've often been told that my cooking reflects the many countries in which we've traveled (more than 80) over the years, which is probably true.
We strongly believe that the sharing of hospitality is the universal key to goodwill and friendship. This is why we decided to open our home and invite guests to stay with us while visiting the San Francisco bay area.
Our home is the focal point of our life, which is why we enjoy sharing its views, its magic, and its tranquility with those who also enjoy spending time in Sausalito. After many years in the corporate world, you're now more likely to find me in the garden, and Bill on his sailboat, or us both in the kitchen.
We both enjoy being involved in the many local town events that make Sausalito such a great place. Whether it's one of the many spring festivals, such as the Caledonia Street Faire, or the July 4th festival, the huge Sausalito Art Festival each Labor Day weekend, or the annual Halloween festivities and parade down Caledonia, you'll find us there. Of course, the town parties are just one of many good reasons to visit Sausalito. Just ask me; as a past president of our local chamber of commerce, I know a million reasons why you should visit. How about the up-coming America's Cup yacht races!
We are conversant in French, German and Chinese, and English.