About this listing
Welcome to the Sahara Casa Hospitality House! The casa is cool & comfortable with 4 bedrooms with all brand new furnishings and linens. It is located just off trendy S. 1st street and is just a short bus ride up the street to famous eateries.
A tribute to my favorite Austin bar, Lustre Pearl, that was torn down recently to be replaced with a new high rise condo complex.
I need YOUR help! In 2016, I am planning on launching a third Airbnb rental in which ALL PROFIT will benefit local charities. Your reservation can help make this happen!
10.8 miles from airport, 5.3 miles to downtown
THE SPACE: This is a very clean and cozy, newly remodeled, 1350 square foot 4 bedroom, 2 full bath house with a great backyard. The house is fully furnished. The beds are all queen-size with new Sealy Posturpedic mattresses. There is also a queen-size air mattress that can be put in the master and plenty of extra linens if needed. It may be a bit snug, but if you don't mind it can easily sleep 10 or 11 people.
Bedding, linens, 100% supima cotton towels, hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner are also on hand for your use as well as all the other usual amenities you would anticipate having in a traditional hotel.
AMENITIES: Free WiFi internet [After April 26th will have (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Fiber gigabit internet], Smart TV with Netflix & HuluPlus (sorry no cable), outdoor grill, fully stocked kitchen for cooking, and a coffee maker. Plenty of free parking on street or driveway.
ORGANIC BREAKFAST: Although I won't be cooking for you, I do keep lots of coffee/assorted teas, mixed Organic Fruit, Organic Oatmeal, Organic Pancake Mix + Organic ingredients needed for the mix for you to make use of if you so desire!
I am a product developer for Whole Foods so the kitchen is fully stocked with all the basics for cooking and I may leave you new products not yet on store shelves as a welcome gift. :)
If you are looking for a cozy, quiet place to stay, that feels like home you don't have to click your heels three times, you've found it.
No fee for extra people.
Rate includes 15% state and local hotel taxes for stays shorter than 30 days.
BEFORE YOU INQUIRE:
I require all of my guests to complete at least 3 personal verifications, including a phone number, through AirBnB before giving pre-approval to book for safety reasons. Please take time to complete your profile and these verifications before inquiring!
As a guest you have access to anything in the house. PLEASE make yourself at home.
Interaction with Guests
My interaction with you just depends on you! I have joined friendly guests for dinner and/or drinks before upon their invitation. Otherwise, I will leave you to your privacy as soon as completing check in.
Great neighborhood with elementary school play ground nearby. Stop in one of my favorite unique neighborhood spots, Full English Cafe, for afternoon tea or fish and chips or take the bus up South 1st to two of my favorite Austin restaurants: Elizabeth St. Cafe Boulangerie (French/Vietnamese) and Sway (Gourmet Thai). For desert, head to Gourdough's trailer for Texas sized gourmet donuts, a cupcake from Sugar Mama's Bake Shop which won Food Network's Cupcake Wars, or some gelato from the new gelato house everyone is talking about, Dolce Neve. Take a walk east on Elizabeth St. through the neighborhood to South Congress (SoCo) for vintage shopping, local boutiques, and unique finds.
It is a short 2 block walk to the metro bus stop. You can take the 10 to downtown in only 20-25 minutes. Local Fare: One Way: $1.00 / Day Pass: $2.00
I also recommend downloading the RideScout app. It will give you all potential forms of transportation that are available to you wherever you wish to go in Austin. Lyft is also now available in Austin!
Liability Waiver: If you decide to stay here, you assume responsibility for yourself and your guests for personal injury and property loss/damage. You agree to indemnify/hold harmless the tenant, landlord and property management company from any loss, liability, damage or cost incurred by you or your guests related to your stay at this property. By agreeing to stay here, you are giving up any rights to bring a legal action or assert a claim against the tenant/landlord/ property management.
IN GENERAL: Please respect my home and my neighbors. This is not a place to throw a loud party. Please leave the place like you found it. Thank you!
1. Occupancy #'s: Rates are quoted based on the number of persons in your group that YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO AIRBNB. All persons entering the premises are counted as chargeable guests. A FALSE REPRESENTATION OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE HOME MAY BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION WITHOUT REFUND AND/OR ASSESSED FEES OF $500 PER PERSON PER NIGHT AND/OR LOSS OF THE ENTIRE DEPOSIT. **Over occupancy is a serious violation of this rental agreement**
2. Be a good neighbor: I live in a great community. My neighbors understand that your group is here to have a good time. At the same time, your respect for them and their home is very important. Please keep loud noise on the property to a minimum. Neighbor complaints may result in fines taken from your deposit. Please refrain from loud music and talking/yelling outside the home, especially at late or early hours.
CITY NOISE RESTRICTIONS
•“A person may not make noise or play a musical instrument audible to an adjacent business or residence between 10:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m."
•“A person may not use sound equipment that produces sound audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area between 10:00pm and 10:00am."
•“A person may not use sound equipment audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area that produces sound in excess of 75 decibels."
3. NO beverages other than water are allowed in the bedrooms. You will be charged a fine of $200 or more if beverage stains have to be removed from bedding or carpet.
4. LAUNDRY: Only use the beds, sleeping spaces, sheets, blankets, pillows, TOWELS, etc. that you need during your stay. Leave all non-used items such as this as they were at check-in. THIS SAVES TIME AND IT HELPS ENSURE EFFECIENT TURNOVER FOR THE NEXT GUESTS; AND IT SAVES THE ENVIRONMENT! Leave used towels in the bathtub(s). If you use a sleeping space, please leave it un-made, so that I know it needs to be turned over. Leave all bedding/blankets/pillows out on the respective sleeping surfaces or piled nicely in one area of the house. Do not refold/remake these items, as they may be mistakenly perceived not to have been used. I will take care of that!
NOTE: Please only use towel and linens as needed (This typically means 1 bath towel per person if not a long stay).
5. Thermostat: While I want you and your party to be very comfortable during your stay, I also would like to keep my electricity bill reasonable. Do not turn down the thermostat below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (cool) or above 78 degrees Fahrenheit (heat). DURING HOTTER TEMPERATURES, PLEASE TURN THERMOSTAT UP TO 79 or ABOVE DURING THE DAY WHEN NOT AT THE CASA.
6. Smoking is allowed outside only. All butts/ashes/other remnants must be removed or trashed appropriately by Guest before check out. Collect butts in a disposable receptacle (ex: solo cup) and discard in sealed trash as described below. NEVER THROW YOUR BUTTS ON THE GROUND. IT IS A FIRE HAZARD. Failure to comply with this result could result in a $300 fine.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Fresh linens and bath towels are included. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. I do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house. Please leave all used towels in the bathtub(s) before departure. Please leave all linens on their respective sleeping spaces.
8. Empty all trashcans. All garbage must be bagged, and placed in the proper receptacle in the garage.
9. Dishes: Please wash all dishes used. Place clean dishes back in their respective drawer/cupboard/area. Place all final dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Please start dishwasher before final departure.
10. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
11. Host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
12. Decorations: The home may be decorated, but items may only be posted to the wall with BLUE PAINTERS TAPE. Pushpins and other types of tape will damage the paint and the drywall in the home. Decorations must be removed before departure.
13. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
14. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
15. Pets are not allowed on property in lieu of allergens that may cause future guests discomfort.
16. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
17. When not in home, please close and lock all windows and doors.
18. Report any problems with the property to Host as soon as noticed by calling the contact number provided.
19. Illegal substances are prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
20. Host is not liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call Homeowner as soon as possible and, if found, arrangements for shipment will be made. Any shipping cost will be deducted from Deposit to cover the expense.
21. A lien may not be placed on the property.
22. Subsequent leases/subleases/rentals by Guest during the Term of the Rental without homeowner's written consent is prohibited.
23. Guest is not to enter onto the roof.
24. Guest is not to use the water for unreasonable amounts of time. Bathing must be conducted in a reasonable time frame.
25. Removal of household items is a serious infringement of your rental agreement. Any items removed from the home will result in $100 fine on top of replacement costs.
***Furnishings and amenities will be furnished as described whenever possible. In the event that an item is damaged/broken/lost the owner will restock as soon as possible. All items in description/pictures are not guaranteed.***
ENJOY YOUR STAY AT THE SAHARA CASA!