About This Listing
Your Whole House RiverView & Redwoods getaway; sleeps 3-10 guests: 3 bedrooms + 2 memory foam sofa-beds (queen & full-size); 2 full baths w/ SpaShowers, large TVs, WiFi, kitchen, gas grill, 3 decks, 2 hot tubs. 5 min walk to The River! NO SMOKING!
All photos are verified by Airbnb and recent. Both hot tubs are working (new!), available year-round (you are the only guest/whole house; NOT shared). Recently remodeled accommodations are spacious for 3, but cozy for 6 guests (or more!). NO SMOKING!
Your whole house River-View Chateau Getaway among the Redwoods; sleeps 3 to 6 comfortably, but up to 10 guests: 3 private bedrooms w/full-size memory foam mattress/ beds, + 2 full/queen-size memory foam sofa-beds (@ extra guests rate), 2 full baths w/ SpaShowers, Large Screen TVs, WiFi, galley kitchen, gas grill, 2 decks, 1 balcony, patio, 2 hot tubs for 9-10 total (new...and available year-round!). Only a 5 min walk down to The River! NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY!
**Privacy: trees and river view; property is now totally fenced to obscure/block; no neighbor on right (S); neighbor on left (N) is blocked/totally obscured by fencing.
About 75 miles north of San Francisco lies the Russian River Valley, you’ll find The Starlight RiverView Chateau in its beautiful river view and mountain view (Monte Rio) setting, creates an ideal gathering environment
* opportunities for vacation related activities on the nearby river or in Wine Country & Sonoma Coast
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating and fishing (fly) in the near-by walking distance Russian River, as well as a skateboard park, tennis & bb court, all just 5 min. walk down the hill!
* Rejuvenate...with an invigorating on-site hot tubs & spa/showers massage. Or schedule massage nearby or out-call/on-site to renew and revive. Although we offer a spectacular SpaShower experience and on-site year-round outdoor hot tubs... we are happy to recommend you enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) and/or Yoga here at The Chateau for a group rate. Contact Cindy or Patte in advance :))
The galley kitchen has all the utensils you'll need for serving already prepared snacks/meals and outdoor grilling; including refrigerator, microwave and a gas range, 12 cup coffee-maker (filters provided); cupboard has plates, glassware, flatware & cutlery and utensils (service for 12) for serving meals and use of outdoor grill.
You are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner.
You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket, local convenience store down the hill or you may prefer to "order-in".
Comforts of Home...Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided. MUST BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blankets! Guest towels & blankets for on-site use ONLY!
* Bring your own BODY WASH, shampoo, toiletries.
*before June 1st, only 2 car Max. on-site/on-street spaces available; extra parking may be available down the hill in town (1/10 mile; short walk), at tennis courts or at The River.
Sonoma Coast & Wine Country affords: Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Horseback riding, Segway Touring, Wine tasting, Zipline through the Redwoods!
Birding, wildflowers, tide-pooling, fly-fishing, and so much more!
Only registered guests will have access to the property and its amenities.
Please note: Street level main entrance
1. For reservations before June 1st, Parking is limited to the space directly in front of the house (2 cars maximum !); however, off-site on street parking is available);
2. the accommodations are intimate & cozy;
3. each bed is "full-size" (roomy for 1, but cozy for 2). The Sofa-to-bed in upper living area, if additionally reserved (extra guests rate), is memory foam-top queen size; and lower level, if additionally reserved (extra guests rate), is memory foam-top full size.
Interaction with Guests
Upon arrival/check-in, please notify me. During your stay, total privacy; yet usually local and happy to be available/accessible for any guidance, questions or concerns.
Upon departure, I request you notify me :)
The Starlight is exactly. 01 (one tenth) of a mile, a short walk/narrow road up the mountain right above the river ("monte...rio"). If you absolutely are unable to car pool :( then on street overnight parking is available for additional cars (see listing description).
Entrance to the river is only another .01 mile/short walk adjacent to Bartlett's convenience store!
It's a most convenient location....
Tennis and basketball courts merely 1/10th mile down the hill. River access merely 2/10 mile next to local convenience market/store with beer and wine. Cocktails within walking distance, just over the Monte Rio bridge. Organic coffee and light breakfast/lunch just a 5 min walk alongside the skateboard park or over the bridge for comfort food!!
Mountain biking and Zip-lining opportunities are near-by!
It's a most convenient location.
SCTA Bus #20 serves Santa Rosa-Monte Rio; bus stop is a 3 min. walk.
Other Things to Note
(1) Accommodations/rooms are spacious for 3, but cozy for 6 guests or more;
(a). beds are"full-size"; roomy for 1, but cozy for 2
(b) the “Sofa-to-bed” in living areas, if reserved @ extra guests rate, are memory foam queen and full size
(2) you may hear &/or see neighbors
(4) you must BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & OWN BEACH BLANKETS :)
(5) We’re sorry, but NO outside visitors are allowed during your River getaway.
(7) NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY !
RiverView "House Rules" :
Check-in is 4:00pm
Check-out is 11 am
Welcome! We're delighted to be your host.
(1) The Chateau is equipped with a galley kitchen, BUT any food preparation and cooking is intended to be limited. You are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner.
For your convenience, you will find: coffeemaker; microwave and oven. The oven is perfect for warming up pizzas, leftovers and other goodies; also a toaster.
(2) Grilling outdoors intended for light use only; PLEASE be sure to turn-OFF each knob on grill. NO grease is allowed in sinks or toilets.
(3) Using the hot tubs: use caution climbing in and out. Rinsing briefly before use is recommended for balanced water management & your safety. After each use, kindly be sure the jets are off and the cover replaced in order to maintain heat (and protect the pump system from overheating). Note: unit will not heat while jets are on.
(4) Using the toilets: Nothing but your body waste and provided toilet tissue...nothing else! Especially, No condoms or feminine hygiene products. The Chateau is on a "Restricted" septic system (not sewer); only use the toilet tissue provided sparingly to keep the system working properly.
(5) BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blankets; guest towels/bedding for on-site use ONLY :)
---No smoking on the property at any time.
---on street parking is limited. Additional parking may be available down the hill in the municipal lot, tennis courts or town street parking.
---Recycle: Kindly separate your recyclable items from regular trash.
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, etc. should be placed in DISHWASHER set on "auto-Sensor" and, if FULL, push "start" before check out. Thanks :)
(1) You provide pet's bedding: Please be sure to bring your pet's favorite sleeping pad. Pets must be kept OFF bed & bedding. (2) Out of respect for future guests, pets must not sleep in our beds (this is a high flea and tick area!). Please be sure to bring your pets favorite sleeping pad. (3) For the safety of your pet, pets are not permitted to roam unattended. When walking your pet, be sure to keep the pet on a leash and comply with community courtesy: please remember to “curb your dog” and pick-up/clean-up after them ; place waste in black Trash bucket Only. Thanks for respecting my property, other pets, other guests and my neighbors :)
---NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY!
---keyless: access code will be given upon check-in; locking your door (especially while you are off the property) is required.
---11 a.m. checkout
---Double check; be sure the outdoor grill knobs are in the OFF position
---Double check, be sure you have all your personal belongings!
---Dishes, etc. in dishwasher set on "autoSensor" and,ONLY if FULL, "start" upon departure; Thanks :)
We had a great Valentine's day weekend here and Dr. joe was a very gracious and helpful host. Upon arriving he greeted us, gave us a brief tour and left us with a welcome basket and some wine.
The house was recently renovated and all of the woodwork was quite impressive. The house had nice light and overlooked the river and the hot tubs were both very relaxing. Between the two floors the house can actually sleep a decent amount of people and seems well suited for a group getaway.
My only critique is that the house is not quite as private as the listing seemed. There are houses on either side and a house on a hill that overlooks the upper floor hot tub.
I would certainly recommend the house for anyone who want a peaceful place to stay close to the Russian River.
Thank you for your hospitality Dr. Joe.
Rev. Dr. Joe could not have been more accommodating and gracious! The rental is newly built with all top appliances, rain shower/jet panels in the baths and beautiful views of the Russian River. With an upstairs and downstairs apartments rentable separately or together as we did, gave everyone space, separate balconies, grills & Hot Tubs. The rental is centrally located to parks, restaurants & wineries but nestled in the redwoods- we loved it and had a great time! We definitely would recommend it and would rent again. Thanks Rev. Dr. Joe!!
We visited after most of the renovations were complete and had a fantastic time. The location was very convenient for our group to walk to and from the river, we also drove the 15 minutes to Armstrong Woods to do some hiking. There is zero cell service but Joe's Wifi helped us all stay in contact when breaking into groups during our trip. Hope to visit again when the construction is complete!
This host has 131 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, RevDrJoe
I wish you peace, love and much joy as you prepare to COME TO CAZADERO! ...to Renew... Reflect... and Revive here in Northern California's Russian River Rental & Retreat site.
You can find out more "About Me" from my professional webpage: (website hidden)
My Favorite leisure activity:
Meeting friends, outdoor adventures, dancing and culinary arts
My Favorite TV-show:
I love the movies and my nightly dvds
My Favorite books:
J.R.R. Tolkien, Ken Wilbur, Joseph Campbell, Candice Pert, Andrew Harvey, Henri Nouwen, The Mystics, Rumi, Hafiz, Arthur Rex, The White Company, Hermann Hesse, Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, D.H. Lawrence, Thoreau, Shakespeare
My Favorite music:
Neil Young, Jonathan Edwards, BeeGees, Pointer Sisters, Jazz, Classical, Opera, 50's&60's, the Large Flowerheads, the Grease Band, Full Frontal Folk
My Favorite drink:
Sunday morning coffee, dark beer, organic red wines, filtered water & herb teas, vodka and tonic with an extra twist, and Anthony's Holiday mix
My Favorite meal:
Seafood, Mom's homemade Italian food and biscotti
My Favorite country for traveling:
My Favorite quotes:
"By Words the Mind is excited and the Spirit elated"
"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection"