About this listing
Your RiverView & Redwoods getaway; sleeps 1-4 guests: 1 bedroom + queen memory foam sofa-bed (only @ extra guests rate); 1 full bath w/ SpaShower, Large Screen TV, WiFi, kitchen, gas grill, deck & balcony, hot tub all year (not shared). NO Smoking!
A grand welcome! upper level living area with double sliders and vaulted ceiling. New TV and new furnishings
All photos are verified by Airbnb and recent. Hot tub is working, available year-round, and NOT shared with the guest below. Recently remodeled; it is the street level apartment above a lower unit guest studio. Although significantly private, you may (?) hear sounds of guest below (see reviews). NO SMOKING! Accommodations are spacious for 2, but cozy for 4 guests! NO SMOKING!
Your River-View getaway among the Redwoods; sleeps 1- 4 guests: 1 private bedroom w/full-size pillow-topped memory foam mattress/bed; plus 1 queen-size memory foam sofa-to-bed, if reserved @ extra guests rate, in living area; 1 full bath w/ SpaShower, Large Screen TV, WiFi, kitchen, gas grill, balcony/deck, and main deck w/hot tub (new...and available year-round!).
Only a 5 min (2/10 mile) walk down to The River! Entrance/access to The River is only .02 mile/short walk adjacent to Bartlett's convenience store! It's a most convenient location.
Located about 75 miles north of San Francisco, The Starlight Chalet, in its beautiful river view and mountain view (Monte Rio!) setting, creates an ideal environment for a getaway for...
* opportunities for vacation related activities on the nearby river or in Wine Country
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating and fishing (fly) in the nearby Russian River, just 5 min. walk down the hill!
* Rejuvenate...with an invigorating on-site spa shower massage. Although we offer a spectacular SpaShower experience and on-site outdoor year-round hot tub... we are happy to recommend you enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) &/or Yoga in Guerneville parlor or here at The Chalet.
…..and We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcome (see pet fee policy under "House Rules" tab). For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a pet fee of $40/night/per pet. For guests staying more than 2 nights, their pet fee is discounted to $25/night/pet.
NOTE: Pet reservation fee is in addition to your Airbnb guest lodging quote and payable by check, cash or credit card (+convenience fee).
The small kitchen has all the utensils you'll need for outdoor grilling or serving previously prepared snacks/meals. Kitchen, intended for light cooking/meals; including a refrigerator, toaster, microwave and gas range, coffeemaker (filters provided) and a teapot, and outdoor gas grill. The kitchen cupboard has plates, glassware, flatware & cutlery and utensils for serving meals and use of grill.
You are NOT allowed to use your own camp stove or burner. NO SMOKING!
You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket, or you may prefer to "order in".
Comforts of Home...Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided. BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blanket. Guest towels/bedding for on-site use only!
* Bring your own liquid bath soap, shampoo, toiletries.
* extra parking may be available down-the-hill in town/tennis courts or at The River.
Sonoma Coast & Wine Country affords: Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Horseback riding, Segway Touring, Wine tasting, and Zipline through the Redwoods! Tennis & basketball courts as well as skateboard park is just down the hill!
Birding, wildflowers, tide-pooling, fly-fishing, and so much more!
Only registered guests will have access to the property and its amenities.
Please note: Street level main entrance
1. Parking is limited to the space directly in front of the house (1 car max! however, off-site on street parking is available; see "house rules" )
2. the accommodations are spacious for 2 and intimate & cozy for 3 or more;
3. each bed is "full-size" (roomy for 1, but cozy for 2). The Sofa-to-bed in living area, if specifically reserved @ extra guest(s) rate, is memory foam queen size.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you upon arrival for your brief amenities tour.
If possible, I prefer to see you at checkout to be sure you had a pleasant stay and to offer any suggestions for the trip home :)
Tennis and basketball courts merely 1/10th mile down the hill. River access merely 2/10 mile next to local convenience market/store with beer and wine. Cocktails within walking distance, just over the Monte Rio bridge. Organic coffee and light breakfast/lunch just a 5 min walk alongside the skateboard park, or over the bridge for comfort food!!
Mountain biking and Zip-lining opportunities are near-by!
The Starlight is exactly. 01 (one tenth) of a mile, a short walk/narrow road up the mountain right above the river ("monte...rio").
Entrance to the river is only another .01 mile/short walk adjacent to Bartlett's convenience store!
It's a most convenient location. Taxi service is available.
SCTA Bus #20 serves Santa Rosa-Monte Rio via Guerneville; bus stop is a 3 min. walk
Other Things to Note
(1) Accommodations/rooms are spacious for 2, but cozy for 3 guests or more;
(a). beds are"full-size"; roomy for 1, but cozy for 2
(b) the “Sofa-to-bed” in living area, if reserved @ extra guests rate, is memory foam-top queen size
(2) WiFi & Mobile signal is as stated
(3) since not reserving the entire house ("The Chateau"), you may hear guest below.
(4) you must BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach blankets :)
(5) We’re sorry, but NO outside visitors are allowed during your River getaway.
(6) NO SMOKING!
Guest Policy Agreement (initial where indicated *)
_____*Minimum Age Limit For Reservation and Guest: 25 yrs. old with valid ID
_____*Pricing: Rates are as listed; additional guest fee/person/night, 2 night min., as listed
--Deposits: follow AirBnB payment schedule
_____*Cancellations: To receive 50% refund of deposit and/or any prepayment, notice is required NO less than 30 days before check-in/arrival date (____* I understand this policy is “super-strict” and supersedes Airbnb cancellation policies).
--Check-in: 4:00pm to 7pm. Late arrival is discouraged; no discounts or extra fee for late arrival or early departure.
--Check-out: 11:00am. Exceptions upon request DURING last night of your stay; if available.
--Early Departures: There are NO refunds for early departures or unused nights.
--Visitors: We’re sorry, only registered guests, NO outside visitors, are allowed during your mountain or river retreat getaway.
--Parking: limited to ONE (1) vehicle per reservation;
_____*NON-SMOKING ! Sonoma County ordinance restricts smoking. Smoking is prohibited in the house or anywhere on the property. Smoking in house will incur an automatic $175 damage penalty. There are NO “designated smoking areas”. Do not book, if you/guests must smoke.
--NO outside noise from 9 pm-9 am per Sonoma County Ordinance.
--Children: No. For safety concerns, hot tub, etc. not suitable for children.
_____*Pets: We are pet friendly :) Pet fee is in addition to your Airbnb lodging quote. For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night/per pet. When booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing : ___ @ $35/night x _____nights = Total amount due: $ ______ (For guest staying more than 2 nights, adjust pet reservation fee to discounted $25/pet/night); if pets do not “check-in”, then refund in full!
_____*Additional Fees and Taxes: There will be an extra $75 electrician fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. Taxes @ 9% included in reservation quote/payment (Sonoma County Transient Occupancy Tax: 9% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 30 nights and shorter. For detailed information, visit (website hidden). (website hidden)).
--EASY ON SUNDAY MORNINGS: Make it a really long weekend. Stay Friday and Saturday, then enjoy a late (12 pm) checkout on Sunday. An extra day of wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book. For sports fans, see the game on your large screen TV. The fine print: offer based on availability (check with owner only last night or last morning DURING your stay!).
RiverView "House Rules" :
Check-in is 4:00pm-7:00pm
Check-out is by 11 am
Welcome to The Chalet! We're delighted to be your host.
(1) LIMITED cooking indoors; local dining options out/in are available. The Chalet is equipped with a galley kitchen; any food preparation is intended to be limited. An outdoor gas grill is provided for light use; you are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner, or burn anything!
Again, the kitchen is intended for cooking light meals. The oven works great for warming up pizzas, leftovers and other goodies; also available toaster, coffee-maker and teapot; and a microwave.
(2) Grilling outdoors: intended for light use. Utensils are provided. PLEASE be sure to turn-OFF each knob. NO grease is allowed in sinks or toilet. Please use caution to not stain the hardwood decking with grease.
(3) Using the hot tub: use caution climbing in and out. Showering BEFORE use is requested for balanced water management & your safety. After each use, kindly be sure the jets are off and the cover replaced in order to maintain heat (and protect the pump system from overheating). Note: unit will not heat while jets are on.
(4) Using the toilets: Nothing but your body waste and specific toilet tissue provided...nothing else! Especially, No condoms or feminine hygiene products. The Chalet is on a "Restricted" septic system (not sewer); only use the specific toilet tissue provided sparingly to keep the system working properly (no stoppage) during your stay :)
(5) BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS, Beach BLANKETS and beach chairs; guest towels/bedding and chairs for on-site use ONLY :)
---NO smoking anywhere on the property at any time.
--- Recycle: Kindly separate your recyclable items from regular trash.
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, etc. should be placed in DISHWASHER. If FULL load, then add pod, set on "auto-sensor", then "start" , if FULL, before check out. Thanks :)
Pets: (additional fee; see Guest Policy)
(1) You provide pet's bedding: Please be sure to bring your pet's favorite sleeping pad. Pets must be kept OFF bed & bedding. (2) Out of respect for future guests, pets must not sleep in our beds (this is a high flea and tick area!). Please be sure to bring your pets favorite sleeping pad. (3) For the safety of your pet, pets are NOT permitted to roam unattended. When walking your pet, be sure to keep the pet ON A LEASH and comply with community courtesy: please remember to “curb your dog” and pick-up/clean-up after them (poop bags are provided); place waste in black Trash bucket ONLY. Thanks for respecting my property, other pets, other guests and my neighbors :)
---keyless access code will be given upon check-in; although locking your door (especially while you are off the property) is required.
---By 11 a.m.
---Double check; be sure the outdoor grill knobs are in the OFF position
---Double check, be sure you have all your personal belongings!
---Dishes, etc. in dishwasher, if FULL load add pod, set on "auto-sensor", then "start", if FULL, upon departure; Thanks :)
Enjoy all there is in the Russian River Resort Area: A great link for Russian River activities is Russian River Travel. com
An inviting Welcome and keyless entry via main deck; step down to the hot tub lounge deck