About this listing
Your RiverView & Redwoods getaway; sleeps 1-4 guests: 1 bedroom + queen memory foam sofa-bed (only @ extra guests rate); 1 full bath w/ SpaShower, Large Screen TV, WiFi, kitchen, gas grill, deck & balcony, hot tub all year (not shared). NO Smoking!
A grand welcome! upper level living area with double sliders and vaulted ceiling. New TV and new furnishings
All photos are verified by Airbnb and recent. Hot tub is working, available year-round, and NOT shared with the guest below. Recently remodeled; it is the street level apartment above a lower unit guest studio. Although significantly private, you may (?) hear sounds of guest below (see reviews). NO SMOKING! Accommodations are spacious for 2, but cozy for 4 guests! NO SMOKING!
Your River-View getaway among the Redwoods; sleeps 1- 4 guests: 1 private bedroom w/full-size pillow-topped memory foam mattress/bed; plus 1 queen-size memory foam sofa-to-bed, if reserved @ extra guests rate, in living area; 1 full bath w/ SpaShower, Large Screen TV, WiFi, kitchen, gas grill, balcony/deck, and main deck w/hot tub (new...and available year-round!).
Only a 5 min (2/10 mile) walk down to The River! Entrance/access to The River is only .02 mile/short walk adjacent to Bartlett's convenience store! It's a most convenient location.
Located about 75 miles north of San Francisco, The Starlight Chalet, in its beautiful river view and mountain view (Monte Rio!) setting, creates an ideal environment for a getaway for...
* opportunities for vacation related activities on the nearby river or in Wine Country
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating and fishing (fly) in the nearby Russian River, just 5 min. walk down the hill!
* Rejuvenate...with an invigorating on-site spa shower massage. Although we offer a spectacular SpaShower experience and on-site outdoor year-round hot tub... we are happy to recommend you enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) &/or Yoga in Guerneville parlor or here at The Chalet.
…..and We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcome (see pet fee policy under "House Rules" tab). For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a pet fee of $40/night/per pet. For guests staying more than 2 nights, their pet fee is discounted to $25/night/pet.
NOTE: Pet reservation fee is in addition to your Airbnb guest lodging quote and payable by check, cash or credit card (+convenience fee).
The small kitchen has all the utensils you'll need for outdoor grilling or serving previously prepared snacks/meals. Kitchen, intended for light cooking/meals; including a refrigerator, toaster, microwave and gas range, coffeemaker (filters provided) and a teapot, and outdoor gas grill. The kitchen cupboard has plates, glassware, flatware & cutlery and utensils for serving meals and use of grill.
You are NOT allowed to use your own camp stove or burner. NO SMOKING!
You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket, or you may prefer to "order in".
Comforts of Home...Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided. BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blanket. Guest towels/bedding for on-site use only!
* Bring your own liquid bath soap, shampoo, toiletries.
* extra parking may be available down-the-hill in town/tennis courts or at The River.
Sonoma Coast & Wine Country affords: Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Horseback riding, Segway Touring, Wine tasting, and Zipline through the Redwoods! Tennis & basketball courts as well as skateboard park is just down the hill!
Birding, wildflowers, tide-pooling, fly-fishing, and so much more!
Only registered guests will have access to the property and its amenities.
Please note: Street level main entrance
1. Parking is limited to the space directly in front of the house (1 car max! however, off-site on street parking is available; see "house rules" )
2. the accommodations are spacious for 2 and intimate & cozy for 3 or more;
3. each bed is "full-size" (roomy for 1, but cozy for 2). The Sofa-to-bed in living area, if specifically reserved @ extra guest(s) rate, is memory foam queen size.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you upon arrival for your brief amenities tour.
If possible, I prefer to see you at checkout to be sure you had a pleasant stay and to offer any suggestions for the trip home :)
Tennis and basketball courts merely 1/10th mile down the hill. River access merely 2/10 mile next to local convenience market/store with beer and wine. Cocktails within walking distance, just over the Monte Rio bridge. Organic coffee and light breakfast/lunch just a 5 min walk alongside the skateboard park, or over the bridge for comfort food!!
Mountain biking and Zip-lining opportunities are near-by!
The Starlight is exactly. 01 (one tenth) of a mile, a short walk/narrow road up the mountain right above the river ("monte...rio").
Entrance to the river is only another .01 mile/short walk adjacent to Bartlett's convenience store!
It's a most convenient location. Taxi service is available.
SCTA Bus #20 serves Santa Rosa-Monte Rio via Guerneville; bus stop is a 3 min. walk
Other Things to Note
(1) Accommodations/rooms are spacious for 2, but cozy for 3 guests or more;
(a). beds are"full-size"; roomy for 1, but cozy for 2
(b) the “Sofa-to-bed” in living area, if reserved @ extra guests rate, is memory foam-top queen size
(2) WiFi & Mobile signal is as stated
(3) since not reserving the entire house ("The Chateau"), you may hear guest below.
(4) you must BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach blankets :)
(5) We’re sorry, but NO outside visitors are allowed during your River getaway.
(6) NO SMOKING!
Guest Policy Agreement (initial where indicated *)
_____*Minimum Age Limit For Reservation and Guest: 25 yrs. old with valid ID
_____*Pricing: Rates are as listed; additional guest fee/night/person as listed
--Deposits: follow AirBnB payment schedule
_____*Cancellations: To receive 50% refund of deposit and/or any prepayment, notice is required NO less than 30 days before check-in/arrival date (____* I understand this policy is “super-strict” and supersedes Airbnb cancellation policies).
--Check-in: 4:00pm to 7pm. Late arrival is discouraged; no discounts or extra fee.
--Check-out: 11:00am. Exceptions upon request DURING your stay; if available.
--Early Departures: There are NO refunds for early departures or unused nights.
--Visitors: We’re sorry, only registered guests, NO outside visitors, are allowed during your mountain or river retreat getaway.
--Parking: limited to ONE (1) vehicle per reservation;
_____*NON-SMOKING ! Sonoma County ordinance restricts smoking. Smoking is prohibited in the house or anywhere on the property. Smoking in house will incur an automatic $175 damage penalty. There are NO “designated smoking areas”. Do not book, if you/guests must smoke.
--NO outside noise from 9 pm-9 am per Sonoma County Ordinance.
--Children: No. For safety concerns, hot tub, etc. not suitable for children.
_____*Pets: We are pet friendly :) Pet fee is in addition to your Airbnb lodging quote. For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $40/night/per pet. When booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing : ___ @ $40/night x _____nights = Total amount due: $ ______ (For guest staying more than 2 nights, adjust pet reservation fee to discounted $25/pet/night); if pets do not “check-in”, then refund in full!
_____*Additional Fees and Taxes: There will be an extra $75 electrician fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. Taxes @ 9% included in reservation quote/payment (Sonoma County Transient Occupancy Tax: 9% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 30 nights and shorter. For detailed information, visit (website hidden). (website hidden)).
--EASY ON SUNDAY MORNINGS: Make it a really long weekend. Stay Friday and Saturday, then enjoy a late (12 pm) checkout on Sunday. An extra day of wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book. For sports fans, see the game on your large screen TV. The fine print: offer based on availability (check with owner last night or last morning DURING your stay!).
RiverView "House Rules" :
Check-in is 4:00pm
Check-out is 11 am
Welcome to The Chalet! We're delighted to be your host.
(1) LIMITED cooking indoors; local dining options out/in are available. The Chalet is equipped with a galley kitchen; any food preparation is intended to be limited. An outdoor gas grill is provided for light use; you are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner, or burn anything!
Again, the kitchen is intended for cooking light meals. The oven works great for warming up pizzas, leftovers and other goodies; also a toaster oven; a coffee-maker and teapot; and a microwave.
(2) Grilling outdoors: intended for light use. Utensils are provided. PLEASE be sure to turn-OFF each knob. NO grease is allowed in sinks or toilet.
(3) Using the hot tub: use caution climbing in and out. Showering BEFORE use is requested for balanced water management & your safety. After each use, kindly be sure the jets are off and the cover replaced in order to maintain heat (and protect the pump system from overheating). Note: unit will not heat while jets are on.
(4) Using the toilets: Nothing but your body waste and specific toilet tissue provided...nothing else! Especially, No condoms or feminine hygiene products. The Chalet is on a "Restricted" septic system (not sewer); only use the specific toilet tissue provided sparingly to keep the system working properly (no stoppage) during your stay :)
(5) BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS and BLANKETS; guest towels/bedding for on-site use ONLY :)
---NO smoking anywhere on the property at any time.
--- Recycle: Kindly separate your recyclable items from regular trash.
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, etc. should be placed in DISHWASHER. If FULL load, then add pod, set on "auto-sensor", then "start" before check out. Thanks :)
Pets: (additional fee; see Guest Policy)
(1) You provide pet's bedding: Please be sure to bring your pet's favorite sleeping pad. Pets must be kept OFF bed & bedding. (2) Out of respect for future guests, pets must not sleep in our beds (this is a high flea and tick area!). Please be sure to bring your pets favorite sleeping pad. (3) For the safety of your pet (“lions and tigers and bears...oh my!), pets are NOT permitted to roam unattended. When walking your pet, be sure to keep the pet ON A LEASH and comply with community courtesy: please remember to “curb your dog” and pick-up/clean-up after them; place waste in black Trash bucket Only. Thanks for respecting my property, other pets, other guests and my neighbors :)
---keyless access code will be given upon check-in; although locking your door (especially while you are off the property) is required.
---Double check; be sure the outdoor grill knobs are in the OFF position
---Double check, be sure you have all your personal belongings!
---Dishes, etc. in dishwasher, if FULL load add pod, set on "auto-sensor", then "start" upon departure; Thanks :)
Enjoy all there is in the Russian River Resort area: A great link for Russian River activities is "Russian River Travel"
An inviting Welcome and keyless entry via main deck; step down to the hot tub lounge deck
Dr. Joe made us feel truly at home in his beautiful getaway vacation spot. Thank you for welcoming us in and making our wedding weekend memorable.
The Chalet was great and exactly as advertised. I had a great and relaxing weekend staying here. Dr. Joe was very helpful in welcoming us and walking us through all the details for the chalet. I would definitely recommend this place for those wanting to stay in the Monte Rio area.
The place was beautiful with great views of the Redwoods and the River. Dr. Joe was very nice however the house rules were pretty excessive and it made us a little comfortable to be checked in quite often during our stay. He would send reminder texts just to "make sure" we weren't doing anything against the house policy. It felt as though we were under surveillance
as he came by the cabin a few times when we were gone. I wish our experience was more like the other great reviews we read about but if you are wanting privacy I suggest finding another location. It came to a point where we checked out a day early because when I asked him to only text us if there really was an issue, he became defensive and came by the cabin again. The house is currently for sale, so maybe that's why he was overprotective of the space but whatever the reason it wasn't the retreat we we were looking for. I'm sure I seem odd leaving a negative review as so many folks seemed to really enjoy their stay but that truly was our experience.
Stayed at this place over Easter from Saturday until Monday. Overall we had a pretty good time.
The negatives: Noise from downstairs such as voices or the "ringing" when the main door opens. The preparation messages and house rules we received prior to arrival were a little bit over the top.
The positives: The location of the place was great, large enough for two peeps and a weekend and it was spotless clean. Among the highlights were the balcony, jacuzzi and shower.
The Chalet floor of the Starlight River view cabin is perfect for a weekend escape to Monte Rio/Russian River. The cabin is filled with amazing amenities - hot tub, zero gravity chairs, rain + massage shower - nestled amongst red woods overlooking the river. The cabin is also dog friendly!
Dr. Joe was a very gracious host who spared no detail in explaining everything about his cabin. You can tell he truly cares about his guests and their well being by making himself available to answer any questions that might arise about the area or his cabin. He was great in all communication and was even flexible on Check In AND Check Out time. Thank you Dr. Joe for sharing your cabin and the great experience!
I was looking for a romantic and secluded chalet to celebrate an anniversary with my wife near the Russian River. We found RevDrJoe's Starlight River-View home in Monte Rio and we ended up having an extremely beautiful time. The chalet is modern and still retains its rustic and cozy feel. The bed is comfortable, the shower is out of this world, and the hot tub on the patio, surrounded by giant redwoods was exactly what we needed. The very private balcony was also great to sit and watch the river in the distance. It was all perfect. There was also a complimentary bottle of wine and gift basket left for us to enjoy.
When we arrived, Joe met us outside in the pouring rain and walked us through the home and pointed out all the amenities the chalet had to offer. He was also very helpful with his local recommendations. Joe was just an astounding host.
The most amazing getaway cabin! Loved every minute. Dr Joe welcomed us to his home and walked us through anything we may need to know during our stay. He made this weekend getaway so easy and so wonderful. Thank you Dr Joe :)
This host has 137 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, RevDrJoe
I wish you peace, love and much joy as you prepare to COME TO CAZADERO! ...to Renew... Reflect... and Revive here in Northern California's Russian River Rental & Retreat site.
You can find out more "About Me" from my professional webpage: (website hidden)
My Favorite leisure activity:
Meeting friends, outdoor adventures, dancing and culinary arts
My Favorite TV-show:
I love the movies and my nightly dvds
My Favorite books:
J.R.R. Tolkien, Ken Wilbur, Joseph Campbell, Candice Pert, Andrew Harvey, Henri Nouwen, The Mystics, Rumi, Hafiz, Arthur Rex, The White Company, Hermann Hesse, Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, D.H. Lawrence, Thoreau, Shakespeare
My Favorite music:
Neil Young, Jonathan Edwards, BeeGees, Pointer Sisters, Jazz, Classical, Opera, 50's&60's, the Large Flowerheads, the Grease Band, Full Frontal Folk
My Favorite drink:
Sunday morning coffee, dark beer, organic red wines, filtered water & herb teas, vodka and tonic with an extra twist, and Anthony's Holiday mix
My Favorite meal:
Seafood, Mom's homemade Italian food and biscotti
My Favorite country for traveling:
My Favorite quotes:
"By Words the Mind is excited and the Spirit elated"
"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection"