About this listing
A spacious and light-filled oasis located in the heart of Nolita!
The oversized studio has plenty of space for living, dining, and a separate sleeping area with a quality queen mattress.
Clean, peaceful, bright, secure and charming, perfectly located.
Our apartment is situated right in the midst of bustling Nolita, on Spring St and overlooking a park. Despite its central location, inside the apartment it's calm and peaceful.
It's recently renovated so everything is new, whilst still retaining the charm of a true New York apartment. We keep it clean and fresh, and our plants bring it to life.
While it's a studio, it is open and spacious and there are distinct spaces for the lounge, dining, sleeping and kitchen areas.
It's also safe and private - no other windows looking into our living space (and no windows looking at brick walls!)
Our apartment is simply and comfortably furnished. It's minimal but homely, and we find it has everything we need.
We love sitting by the south-facing windows in the afternoons and watching the streets below and the park across the road, or enjoying breakfast and the newspaper at the table as the sun comes up and the city comes alive.
- Wifi - fast and fairly reliable (Time Warner)
- Air conditioning (window unit)
- Fully functional kitchen with full-sized fridge/freezer, gas stove and large oven, as well as basic utensils and cookware
- Queen sized bed with a high-quality eco-friendly latex mattress topper
- Option to have an additional queen-sized inflatable mattress to accommodate two extra guests (for an additional cost - please enquire about this)
- Fresh linens, sheets, towels - extras are stored in the closet if you need more
- Basic toiletries provided
- Clothes rail closet and hangers
- Clothes steamer
- Tea, coffee and basic kitchen supplies are provided
- AC and fan for the summer, and great heating for winter
- Baby/toddler crib on request
- Linen bedsheets, Aesop products, egyptian cotton towels
The apartment only. The building does not have common areas and rooftop access is not allowed.
Interaction with guests
* Before requesting a booking, please make an enquiry about your stay. Most dates are flexible if marked unavailable. *
We are happy to communicate about all the details before you confirm the rental. Once confirmed, we like to know that you are settled and happy so will check in with you.
We will be contactable throughout your stay if you need us but if you prefer to be left in peace we understand!
NoLita lies in the heart of downtown New York, and our apartment is in the heart of NoLita! It's bustling with activity during the day with cafes, shopping and street activity but unlike other parts of downtown, things really settle down at night.
Two blocks east is Bowery and the Lower East Side and two blocks west is Broadway and SoHo. To the south is Little Italy and Chinatown, and if you walk north a couple of blocks you will hit NoHo and the East Village.
There are plenty of local places to eat. We are one block from Cafe Gitane, two blocks from Balthazar and a five minute walk from Wholefoods. There are plenty of other lovely restaurants and cafes within steps of our front door, as well as shopping destinations and museums.
We are located one block from the popular 6 train (Spring St station) and just 3 blocks/a 4 minute walk from the N/Q/R (Prince St station) and the B/D/F/M (Broadway Lafayette).
There are multiple Citibike stations within a 3 block radius.
Taxis are fairly easy to come by in this area, especially during the day.
Information on local car services can be provided upon confirmation.
However, walking is the best way to explore downtown NYC!
Other things to note
- The apartment is located on the 4th floor and there is no elevator (this means walking up 3 flights of stairs)
- While our apartment itself is fresh, clean and modern, the entrance to the building and the stairwell is nothing fancy - true New York style! The stairwell is very old and the stairs may creak. But, it is mopped twice a week and it is clean and safe.
- Inside is quite an oasis, floating above bustling Spring Street. However, we are in the middle of Downtown NYC so there will be some noise. It is most noticeable on the weekend evenings and when the windows are open.
- There is no bedroom per se, but the sleeping area is separate and very comfortable
- No internal laundry facilities, but there are many laundromats/wash and fold in the immediate neighborhood, and most have a same-day service
- Storage - there is plenty of space and a clothes rack and hangers are provided
- There is no television - we have never owned one, and we find we have plenty to watch on our computers with the high-speed wifi - Netflix, iTunes, Hulu, HBO etc...
- Check in is 3pm, check out at 11am, unless otherwise arranged. We will always try and accommodate special requests.
- Some furnishings have changed since the photos were taken. There is a new coffee table, some plants died and have been replaced, The cane chair broke but has been replaced with something else equally comfortable and to our taste, and some art has been added. Also, the old bed bade broke so we replaced it with a new, better one - it's white. Same size, same mattress.
- Please keep noise to a minimum in common areas when entering/leaving the apartment.
- Please avoid music or loud noises after 10pm. Everyone in the building is very respectful and they deserve the same privacy and consideration.
- Please no more than 6 guests in the apartment at any one time (and no more than 2 staying overnight, unless otherwise approved). The apartment is not meant for entertaining large groups... But the neighborhood is made for it! So, head outside instead of inviting everyone over.
- There an additional charge for more than 2 guests.