About this listing
Our condo is located in the gated community of Kuilima Estates West on the grounds of the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu's North Shore. Five-ten minute walk to restaurants, resort Hotel & Beach. Guests have access to pools, tennis courts and free parking.
Enjoy our beautiful, private condo, located on the grounds of the full-service Turtle Bay resort on the North Shore of Oahu! This quiet ocean-facing condo, right on the golf course, is located within the “Gold Coast” of Kuilima Estates West, which includes swimming pools, tennis courts, ping pong, ample parking and security within the gated property.
• Unobstructed views of golf course, beach and surf beyond
• 2nd floor unit with large balcony, better privacy, & cool on-shore trade-winds
• 5-minute walk to Lelei’s Bar & Grill, putting green & pro shop
• 5 minutes more to the first class hotel, restaurants, beach, horse stables, car and bicycle rentals, massage, hair dressers, full service spa, and wedding services including leis and flowers, and important help with little or no cost.
• 7-10 minute walk to the main hotel beach, very safe for families even when the surf is up elsewhere on the North Shore!
• Condo has Internet access, 2 flat-screen TVs, stereo, tennis & snorkeling gear, rubber raft, men & women golf clubs, and tennis rackets, board games, and dozens of DVDs and CDs
• Perfect for families! Resort has many family- and children-friendly options
CONDO DETAILS: This lovely two bedroom second floor unit includes a master bedroom and another bedroom upstairs in a loft. The veranda looks out onto the 1st fairway of the Fazio Golf Course and other greens and fairways beyond. The ocean surf peaks through native trees along the white-sand beach lining the shore. It’s a great location that catches the trade wind breezes that cools the unit naturally, but also includes two ceiling fans and two air conditioners. It has been newly remodeled with all new appliances and two HD players and flat-screen TVs, one 54” in the living room and a 32” inch flat screen in the master bedroom both with DVD players (plus a small collection of DVDs to choose from). The bath room has tub and shower combo. King bed is in the master, a queen in second bedroom, and queen sofa sleeper in living room for extra guests. A futon (folding mattress) is also in the master closet. There is one assigned parking, plus additional stalls for guests. Cable television service, internet access, wireless, and a CD music player are included. On the veranda which is fully screened, an elegant dining set offers great views of the landscape. Sportsgear on the veranda are also available for use without charge. There is a washer and dryer in the unit for your convenience. This condo (unlike others on the resort) is far from the main road, facing the ocean, and far away from the nuisance of traffic noise on the highway and hotel. The apartment is also a short distance from Kawela Bay and “Paradise Beach” to the west of the resort.
TURTLE BAY RESORT GROUNDS: Located in a lush, gated tropical setting alive with areca palms, frangipane flower trees, and hibiscus, this condo unit is part of the Turtle Bay resort and so is within walking distance to many attractions accessible to you: fine dining, a day spa, kayak tours, hula dancing, luau feasts, access to a second golf course (the famous Palmer Championship course), helicopter tours, horse-back riding, surfing lessons, a safe swimming beach, biking, miles of walking trails, beachcombing, safe snorkeling on a coral reef, or just relaxing.
NEARBY ON THE NORTH SHORE: By car, it’s a few minutes' drive to the supermarket, and you’re also 10 minutes from several famous surfing spots including the Banzai Pipeline, Sunset Beach, Ehukai, and Waimea Bay. The spectacular Waimea Canyon Botanical Gardens and Falls are adjacent to the Bay. Old Town Haleiwa (including quaint shops, world-famous Matsumoto's Shave Ice, art galleries, restaurants), beaches and the boat harbor is 20 minutes west where you can visit farmer markets, supermarkets, sport fishing opportunities, and guided tours that include swimming with sharks. Further west are skydiving and glider rides available at Dillingham Airfield for the real adventurous! To the south are other attractions including the Kahuku garlic shrimp vans, Laie Point lookout, Polynesian Cultural Center, Kahana Bay State Park, Crouching Lion Restaurant, Kualoa Beach and Ranch, and Kaneohe’s ancient fishponds.
KAWELA BAY (also known as PARADISE BEACH) is a true hideaway just west of the Turtle Bay development and a 45 minute walk from our condo. This spectacular bay has towering forests on land, a horseshoe shaped beach with no buildings that it partly shaded by the forest. Kawela Bay is also protected from heavy wave action and is safe for kids.
The North shore is about 45 minutes from Honolulu, and the island of Oahu is easily discovered by car, so renting a car is advisable to explore the surroundings beyond the resort . But if you're interested in just enjoying what the Turtle Bay resort has to offer and forget about driving during your vacation, there is plenty to do and see at the resort all within walking distance. If without a car, guests can always choose to rent bikes or modeps at the resort for a few hours to a full day gateaway to one of the many, famous beaches of the North Shore.
Other Things to Note
ONE LAST THING: owners are marine biologists with vast experience in Hawaii and elsewhere in the Pacific... we will gladly provide our guests with any information on best diving spots on Oahu, best sea life viewing tips and other locals-only inside knowledge on Hawaii, its reefs and bountiful marine life! Just ask!
Please enjoy your stay at the condo, and Mahalo for being our guests!
Thank you also for following these guidelines:
1) No smoking and no pets
2) Feel free to use the washer and dryer, which is provided for your convenience, but please only use the dryer in “timed” mode
3) Please avoid bringing beach sand into the condo and especially into the bathtub to avoid clogging the drain
4) Keep in mind that if you leave dirty dishes or food lying around in the house for any length of time it may attract ants, as it is a ubiquitous problem in Hawaii regardless of maintenance!
5) Please respect our neighbors – if you are looking for a place to throw parties please consider another listing!
6) When the temperatures are cool outside, consider using the ceiling fans and opening the windows and lanai sliding doors to allow the trade-winds to ventilate the apartment. Extra bonus is that this will also reduce your carbon footprint if you care about such things ☺
7) However, when leaving the unit, please make sure to close and lock both sliding doors to prevent tempting any “uninvited guests”. The resort grounds are very safe and constantly patrolled by security, but please prevent theft or vandalism by taking these precautionary measures before vacating.