About this listing
Large central king size bedroom available in a gorgeous shared 1400 sq ft 3rd floor walk-up loft with a filmmaker couple (we have the other bedroom).
Enjoy a self serve continental breakfast, use of kitchen and easy access to public transport
Fabulous East London location!
Hello, before making a request, please write us first and tell us about yourself and your trip and wait for us to reply. We choose to know about our guests as this is our home and we cannot accept any booking before we know who you are.
Perfect for a visiting couple or small family.
This is a very quiet house so not ideal for party-people unfortunately. Fantastic transport links!
There is a super friendly and city-wise oriental shorthair cat living here who has actually traveled around the world with me.
I am an artist so there are many objects and materials around to spark your imagination. My home is also my workspace. It won't be sparse like a hotel, there will probably be a work of art or two in progress during your stay and you'll see an odd assortment of things, but you'll have plenty of space!
There are quirks as it is a loft in an old factory, but that makes it charming. It is however centrally heated with modern appliances, so very comfortable.
You can see a photo of both beds in the same room, the air bed is only there on request for larger bookings. Otherwise, stretch out and do some yoga! :)
Smoking allowed on the balcony with a great view!
• Capacious and relaxing 3rd floor furnished archetypal warehouse apartment with character and abundant natural light.
• Large bedroom with morning sun
• One modern bathroom with two sinks, shower and bath.
• Original wooden floors (a bit squeaky :-D), exposed brick and large steel frame windows
• Large southwest facing balcony with BBQ, plants, herbs and shrubs.
• Modern kitchen with with high quality appliances throughout: gas cooker and electric oven, cookware, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, Gaggia grinder and espresso machine, vacuum cleaner, etc
Located on a quiet Whitechapel street with small parks either side of property
Sorry but there is not a lift/elevator in the building. This flat is on the 3rd floor, but the stairways are quite wide and there is a security buzzer for remote entry.
What you get:
• One large bedroom with king bed (sleeps 2)
• Optional deluxe large airbed (sleeps 2)
• Massive flatscreen smart TV w/Netflix account
• All linen: bedding, towels, etc
• Toiletries and even a toothbrush if you forgot yours! :)
• Got a little one? We have a cot as well.
• Access to projector and cinema screen
• Access to MAC computer
• Continental breakfast provided free with full upscale self-catering facilities as well.
Interaction with Guests
Cem and I sleep in the other bedroom, but we have very busy lives and are usually not in the apartment much during the day. Occasionally we have made family meals with our guests, which is always fun. Just let us know your needs and wishes.
Whitechapel has been for a long time a multicultural neighborhood perhaps best known for being the location of the infamous Jack the Ripper murders in the late 1880s. Other famous residents are: Jack London, George Bernard Shaw, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, The "Elephant Man", Joseph Carey Merrick, Today, its residents are of varied ethnic, primarily Bangladeshi and Pakistani origin.
There are still many fabric traders and market stalls selling fresh fish, exotic produce and handmade goods from the East.
• Closest transportation links: Whitechapel (District, H&C, Overground), Shadwell (DLR, Overground)
• Aldgate East, Bethnal Green, Tower Hill stations within 15 minute walk
• Walk to the City, Bishopsgate and Shoreditch
• Canary Wharf easily accessible via Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
• Street parking available directly outside, also a £10/day parking lot on Nelson Street
• 10 minute walk to Sainsbury's mega store
• 5 minute walk to Tesco metro store
• 15 minute walk to Brick Lane
• 25 minute walk to Colombia Road Market
• 30 minute journey to Covent Garden
• 40 minute journey to Picadilly Circus
• 40 minute journey to Buckingham Palace
Also very close to Spitalfields Market and Petticoat Lane Market. One stop on the overground to Hoxton Square. It's the heart of the East End!
Please no smoking indoors (there's an outdoor terrace)
Please take off your outdoor shoes when inside, we will provide you slippers for your stay.
If you are having extra guests over for a meal or a drink, please just let me know.
I like my neighbours and I want them to continue to like me. Any noise/music, etc needs to wrap up around 11pm and you just have to be really respectful of the surroundings, especially when on the balcony, etc. it's a fun place, but my neighbours have lives and jobs that shouldn't be interrupted.
Also, this is my home so you will see things of mine around. It's not sterile like a hotel, it's full of things I love and use daily. Just be aware of them and have children be mindful.
I want us to treat each other like old friends!