Oasis Africa BnB is a lush natural getaway located in the UPMARKET suburb of New Muthaiga next to Westlands in West Nairobi. It is set on its own compound which is surrounded by lush gardens and a tranquil river.
Currently, we offer four rooms, all with free wifi access-
- Giraffe- a peaceful en-suite LOFT ROOM OVERLOOKING A GARDEN expanse, complete with a private balcony providing a wonderful, relaxing start to your day. This room comes with a King-sized bed. ($42 per night pp, $25 per night per additional guest).
- Hippo- a serene large en-suite room attached to a balcony, this room comes with a super size King bed. The balcony overlooks the entrance to the premises. ($42 per night pp, $25 per night per additional guest).
- Zebra - a comfortable room containing a Queen-size bed, this room shares a bathroom with Gazelle. ($35 per night pp, $24 per night per additional guest).
-Gazelle - this is a single room, replete with a Twin-size bed, sharing a bathroom with Zebra. ($32 per night).
- The Baby Elephant- a fully functional crib for those of our guests with babies and toddlers. This can be installed in the Giraffe or the Hippo at no extra charge. We only allow children under the age of three in the Baby Elephant, at no additional cost.
NOTE:- Contact Kangai for per-room and/or bulk pricing.
With a fence surrounding the perimeter, 24-hr security and it's close proximity to the UN premises and US embassies, the location is safe for travel on foot (for a short afternoon walk), or by car or taxi at any time during the day or night.
Complementary to the accommodation is a CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST also including a range of typically Kenyan fruits, some fresh from the back garden (NOTE: fruit availability typically depends on the season). Delicious home cooked meals, both 'Western' and Kenyan can also be provided at an additional, yet minimal cost, including select breakfast items. (We ask that all guests provide their dietary preferences or food allergies before arriving, so we can cater to your needs sufficiently).
We are situated just 10km from the city center and the Central Business District and 3km from the renown Westlands Shopping area that sports some of Nairobi's prime shopping complexes. At the bottom of the hill which is a three minute walk from the BnB, there is access to public transportation (matatus), that would charge anywhere from KShs 30 to 60 for a ride into Westlands or into the center of town. This option is for the adventurer-at-heart, who scoffs at danger and embraces unique challenges! :-)
It's generally safe, but we do offer an alternate (maybe safer) option- taxi services that are we have available, day or night.
With all that Westlands has to offer, the area is one of the most autonomous areas in Nairobi and thereby reduces the need to travel through the city's famous traffic. The airport, a 23km ride away is also well reached by cab (and airport transfers can also be arranged for all our guests). Should you require car rental during your stay or excursions around the region, these can be arranged for you through any of our partners.
* Check-in: from 2pm/1400hr
* Check-out: up till 10am
* (special check-in/out times can arranged for when agreed in advance, with additional charges incurred)
1) Continental Breakfast with fresh indigenous fruits (dependent on the season)
2) Fresh Kenyan Masala Tea, Fresh Kenyan Milk-Tea and other drinks available throughout the day, including drinking water
3) Housekeeping and Cleaning of Rooms
4) Linen and towels provided
5) Furniture: rooms have beds, built-in wardrobes and mirrors
6) Full use of the BnB kitchen (stove, fridge, utensils etc. We do ask that guests clean up after themselves i.e.: - wash dishes, throw away trash appropriately, store food correctly etc, since the rooms are often occupied by more than one guest).
7) Luggage storage in the event that a guest has to leave and return (we hold luggage for a maximum of two weeks. Afterwards, special arrangements must be made. The hosts are very flexible and can discuss additional arrangements with any guest).
8) Use of the garden and its facilities (We do require that all beddings remain within the bedrooms, rather than using them to bask in the back yard).
9) Space for parking in the compound
10) Security: 24hr security in the compound
11) Free wifi internet access throughout the compound
1) Airport transfers (pick-up and drop-off)
2) Taxi rides within the city
3) Extra laundry, ironing and dry-cleaning (NOTE:- At this time, all laundry is hand-washed. This excludes under garments).
4) City shopping and/or sightseeing tours
5) Grocery shopping etc
6) Meals (although there's a kitchen available for our guests)
1) Guided secure walk in Gigiri Forest
2) Guided secure walks in the Karura Forest
3) Walk to The Village Market or Westgate (30 minutes)
4) Sugarcane Excursions (depending on availability)
With a large garden (and a conference room just off it), Oasis Africa BnB is perfectly suited for hosting small events and meetings or throwing a party or celebration. Contact Kangai for more information.
For all our guests- please contact Kangai immediately if you have any questions, or have any issues during your stay (even while you're traveling). She'll be GLAD to help!
~~Oasis Africa BnB wishes you a warm welcome!~~
Smoking is not allowed inside any of the buildings on the premises. And from previous [negative] experiences, we also do not host or accommodate male or female escorts on the premises. Also, for groups greater than 6 in-house guests visiting the BnB, prior arrangements must be made with the BnB's owners.
- Leave the Kitchen and Public/Shared rooms just the way you found them!
- Smoking inside any building is discouraged
- Children are the sole responsibility of their parents at all times
- Ensure that water taps and showers are turned off once you are done using them
- Respect the privacy and property of other guests residing in the House
- If you would like to relax in the garden, let the House Manager know and arrangements shall be made.
- Have fun!
Two colleagues and I booked out the whole place for a working trip lasting three days. Thanks to a very arrival and a very early departure - and long working days in-between - we didn't have the chance to spend much time with Kangai or her family. In our absence, however, they did ensure that the place was clean and tidy and breakfast was waiting for us when we got up.
The wifi was fast most of the time and the living and dining areas quite comfortable for working.
The place is about 15 minute drive from Westgate Mall and other shopping and offices; a bit further from the Central Business District. Nairobi is big and congested and travel always seems to take much longer than it should. We had trouble keeping to a busy schedule.
A word for the wise: print out the helpful instructions to find the place, and make sure they're large enough to read (my mistake) and you take them with you - you may not find it otherwise. (website hidden) maps and City Maps 2 Go (a great offline app for the iPhone) will also get you to the place.
Kangai was a great host - responsive, attentive, and available for any requests. I had asked her to prepare some items prior to my stay and she did so with exceptional detail.
I stayed in the Giraffe room which looked like the photos, all wood and beautiful - the room is on the top floor of a 3-floor house. The room is private with a private balcony overlooking a forested area (with a road in the background). Other than that, you are in a house with the living room, dining room, and kitchen all available to other guests.
The location is also convenient to the Westlands and UN/Village Market area, right off a main road. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're looking for an affordable place, private / somewhat secluded, convenient (to the areas mentioned above), and with a great host!
- very quick response time
- clean & comfortable rooms
- good breakfast
- central location
Oasis was a good place to stay for me and my two colleagues. It was clean and the hosts were friendly. Kangai is very responsive and accommodating. It's a good location too, near the UN and in a green area of the city with a nice garden. The only downside was that the sound of traffic was a bit loud in my room. Everything else was very nice.
Staying at Kangai's family house was just fine. Well-located, modest and easy. I'd happily stay again...enjoying her parents very much and could like to have met her myself
Despite the fact that we had a bit of a hard time finding it (you may want to email them for the house number since it's not on the ad) we really liked the place. The room is very spacious and the balcony is a nice place to chill after a long flight. Kangai was very sweet and helped us find some good restaurants for dinner besides giving us some delicious mangos. The breakfast was also a very good surprise, way better than in most places. I'd definitely stay again!
A very welcoming couple - the hosts are retired from very interesting careers and can really provide insights on the country. The BnB is on the rustic side - I would encourage the investment of some of the business proceeds in bedside tables, lamps, and lampshades for starters.
Things I absolutely love- Makeup. Strength Training and HIIT. Traveling. Meeting new people. On rainy days, reading a good book (preferably Wilbur Smith) on a couch, with a snuggly throw. Puppies. Food- Lebanese, Chinese, Japanese, Ethiopian, Kenyan. Double mocha chocolate chip milk shakes... Yum. Notebooks. PENS! PENS! Great conversations and hugs... ;-)