Oasis Africa BnB is a lush natural getaway located in the UPMARKET suburb of New Muthaiga next to Westlands in West Nairobi. It is set on its own compound which is surrounded by lush gardens and a tranquil river.
Currently, we offer four rooms, all with free wifi access-
- Giraffe- a peaceful en-suite LOFT ROOM OVERLOOKING A GARDEN expanse, complete with a private balcony providing a wonderful, relaxing start to your day. This room comes with a King-sized bed. ($42 per night pp, $25 per night per additional guest).
- Hippo- a serene large en-suite room attached to a balcony, this room comes with a super size King bed. The balcony overlooks the entrance to the premises. ($42 per night pp, $25 per night per additional guest).
- Zebra - a comfortable room containing a Queen-size bed, this room shares a bathroom with Gazelle. ($35 per night pp, $24 per night per additional guest).
-Gazelle - this is a single room, replete with a Twin-size bed, sharing a bathroom with Zebra. ($32 per night).
- The Baby Elephant- a fully functional crib for those of our guests with babies and toddlers. This can be installed in the Giraffe or the Hippo at no extra charge. We only allow children under the age of three in the Baby Elephant, at no additional cost.
NOTE:- Contact Kangai for per-room and/or bulk pricing.
With a fence surrounding the perimeter, 24-hr security and it's close proximity to the UN premises and US embassies, the location is safe for travel on foot (for a short afternoon walk), or by car or taxi at any time during the day or night.
Complementary to the accommodation is a CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST also including a range of typically Kenyan fruits, some fresh from the back garden (NOTE: fruit availability typically depends on the season). Delicious home cooked meals, both 'Western' and Kenyan can also be provided at an additional, yet minimal cost, including select breakfast items. (We ask that all guests provide their dietary preferences or food allergies before arriving, so we can cater to your needs sufficiently).
We are situated just 10km from the city center and the Central Business District and 3km from the renown Westlands Shopping area that sports some of Nairobi's prime shopping complexes. At the bottom of the hill which is a three minute walk from the BnB, there is access to public transportation (matatus), that would charge anywhere from KShs 30 to 60 for a ride into Westlands or into the center of town. This option is for the adventurer-at-heart, who scoffs at danger and embraces unique challenges! :-)
It's generally safe, but we do offer an alternate (maybe safer) option- taxi services that are we have available, day or night.
With all that Westlands has to offer, the area is one of the most autonomous areas in Nairobi and thereby reduces the need to travel through the city's famous traffic. The airport, a 23km ride away is also well reached by cab (and airport transfers can also be arranged for all our guests). Should you require car rental during your stay or excursions around the region, these can be arranged for you through any of our partners.
* Check-in: from 2pm/1400hr
* Check-out: up till 10am
* (special check-in/out times can arranged for when agreed in advance, with additional charges incurred)
1) Continental Breakfast with fresh indigenous fruits (dependent on the season)
2) Fresh Kenyan Masala Tea, Fresh Kenyan Milk-Tea and other drinks available throughout the day, including drinking water
3) Housekeeping and Cleaning of Rooms
4) Linen and towels provided
5) Furniture: rooms have beds, built-in wardrobes and mirrors
6) Full use of the BnB kitchen (stove, fridge, utensils etc. We do ask that guests clean up after themselves i.e.: - wash dishes, throw away trash appropriately, store food correctly etc, since the rooms are often occupied by more than one guest).
7) Luggage storage in the event that a guest has to leave and return (we hold luggage for a maximum of two weeks. Afterwards, special arrangements must be made. The hosts are very flexible and can discuss additional arrangements with any guest).
8) Use of the garden and its facilities (We do require that all beddings remain within the bedrooms, rather than using them to bask in the back yard).
9) Space for parking in the compound
10) Security: 24hr security in the compound
11) Free wifi internet access throughout the compound
1) Airport transfers (pick-up and drop-off)
2) Taxi rides within the city
3) Extra laundry, ironing and dry-cleaning (NOTE:- At this time, all laundry is hand-washed. This excludes under garments).
4) City shopping and/or sightseeing tours
5) Grocery shopping etc
6) Meals (although there's a kitchen available for our guests)
1) Guided secure walk in Gigiri Forest
2) Guided secure walks in the Karura Forest
3) Walk to The Village Market or Westgate (30 minutes)
4) Sugarcane Excursions (depending on availability)
With a large garden (and a conference room just off it), Oasis Africa BnB is perfectly suited for hosting small events and meetings or throwing a party or celebration. Contact Kangai for more information.
For all our guests- please contact Kangai immediately if you have any questions, or have any issues during your stay (even while you're traveling). She'll be GLAD to help!
~~Oasis Africa BnB wishes you a warm welcome!~~
Smoking is not allowed inside any of the buildings on the premises. And from previous [negative] experiences, we also do not host or accommodate male or female escorts on the premises. Also, for groups greater than 6 in-house guests visiting the BnB, prior arrangements must be made with the BnB's owners.
Staying at Kangai's family house was just fine. Well-located, modest and easy. I'd happily stay again...enjoying her parents very much and could like to have met her myself
Despite the fact that we had a bit of a hard time finding it (you may want to email them for the house number since it's not on the ad) we really liked the place. The room is very spacious and the balcony is a nice place to chill after a long flight. Kangai was very sweet and helped us find some good restaurants for dinner besides giving us some delicious mangos. The breakfast was also a very good surprise, way better than in most places. I'd definitely stay again!
A very welcoming couple - the hosts are retired from very interesting careers and can really provide insights on the country. The BnB is on the rustic side - I would encourage the investment of some of the business proceeds in bedside tables, lamps, and lampshades for starters.
Christmas days we was in Kenga's house. We never met her. We met Kenga's Father. The giraffe room is pretty confortable. The location is very nice and safe.
Kenga's father is delightful and has managed us the best after an accident by car with his wife.
We wish all the best Kenga;s father and mother.
Marry Christmas and happy new years.
Denis, it was unfortunate that we didn't get to meet. As you know, my parents (and the owners of the BnB) were in an unfortunate accident a week before Christmas and my time since then (to a couple of days ago) was spent in the hospital with mum, or handling insurance and police issues. We are grateful that your stay went well, and all the best! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
I did a booking for me and my Kenyan friend for 3 days in early November. All Communication with Kangai went very well. Kangai was very nice and friendly - unfortunately I never met her in person.
The housekeeper was cold and unfriendly, she missed the minimum of politeness necessary to run such a place.We felt like in a military base so rough was the way we where treated.
Giraffe room is like on the picture - basically a very cute room.
Although books in the shelf and the nice bed throw where not as in the picture.Instead we found rather old child's bed with rails blocking the wardrobe and the space in front. When I asked to move it I was told it can't be moved. Only when I said in this case I would not accept the room the bed was taken apart and moved.
This took not more than 10 minutes.
Bed linen, throw and towels where rather old. We got 2 towels for the booked 3 days. When we discovered that the room was never made fresh the housekeeper said we had to ask for it and stay in while she does it - otherwise we could accuse her of stealing something. Since we preferred not to stay with her we decided to do the room ourselves.
When we asked what time breakfast was served we where told at 8.00 am. When I asked : "you mean from 8 am on ?" She answered : "NO, AT 8:00" Concerning that we where the only guests I found it rather ridiculous.
Although the website shows a checking out time 12:00 we found a notice on the table "check out 10.00 am.
Finally we spontaneously wanted to book a night more and where charged about 20% more for the additional night. Not to mention that we still had to use the same towels and make room, bathroom bed ourselves.
If you like a nice room to stay, don't care much about the breakfast and don't mind being treated like in a military camp I can recommend the place. If you expect a nice atmosphere look elsewhere until they change the housekeeper.
Dieter, I sincerely apologise for your treatment at Oasis Africa BnB. Funny enough, we've never had any issues prior to yours and I find your experience quite surprising. Be sure that I will investigate and correct the issues that you faced. We aren't a military camp, and we do encourage our guests to be free and comfortable at the BnB. As for the Housekeeper, she normally is quite nice- please read prior reviews. Therefore, something must have been amiss, and that is not your problem but ours. Also, it would have been helpful if something had been mentioned during your stay so that I could help make it better. That being said, thank you for staying at the BnB- we do appreciate it. -Kangai
Had a great stay at Oasis with everything we needed being organised for us. Very warm welcome from the owners and staff who were also hugely accommodating in terms of us changing our plans at the last minute. Oasis is in a lovely part of Nairobi and we will definitely stay there again on our next visit. Thanks Kangai and co :-)
Kangai was very responsive throughout the booking process. We stayed at her place for one night, left to Mt. Kenya next day before coming back to stay for few more nights. She allowed us to store our bulk luggages in between the stays and that had been super helpful!
The Gigiri forest, which is 10-minute walk away from the house, is also a highlight. Had a jog with the fresh air in the woods, something not that easy to get in dusty Nairobi!
Thanks very much!
Kangai was a fantastic host. Everything was as expected and she was very friendly
Oasis Africa is a very comfortable and beautiful guesthouse in a nice neighborhood in Nairobi! I stayed in Oasis Africa for 4 nights in Nairobi and ended up going back to stay one more night after my trip out of town because I feel like home there! I used a driver for rides to/from my conference near UN (also in Gigiri area) and it still saved a few bucks each night compared to staying in hotels (I stayed in the Zebra room). The house is in the safe, upscale residential area and I have no problems walking to the new shopping area for dinner and grocery. Mwede, the help lady I mainly communicated, is a very nice and warm person. She woke up early to prepare breakfast for me so I can leave in time for conference, and prepared hot water for me to drink and bath when the electricity was out the last night due to the heavy rain. I only met Kangai's parents (who live in the property on the house next to the guesthouse I stayed) once, but they are really helpful to accommodate my need. I highly recommend staying in Oasis Africa if you are up for a relaxing vacation and/or on a business trip with UN/Embassies/ICRAF in Nairobi.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT