About This Listing
This is a one of a kind Hawaiian experience right above where they filmed episodes of the movie "LOST". Over 3,000 private acres surround this House. The one of a kind ocean views from this property go over 10 miles from Kaena Point to Sunset Beach.
This is a one of a kind Hawaiian experience right above where they filmed episodes of the movie "LOST".
Over 3,000 private acres surround this House. The one of a kind ocean views from this property go over 10 miles from Kaena Point to Sunset Beach. The house is located approx 1000 yards directly above one of Hawaii's best kept secret beaches, with miles of sand.
If you are looking to spend your Hawaiian vacation in a small quiet town located in a secluded area, only 10 minutes from Haleiwa and 45 minutes from Honolulu, then this is the place for you. It has a variety of excellent restaurants nearby and is great for all water sports including snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, windsurfing, and kayaking. Other favorite activities include walking on the beach, fishing, skydiving, horseback riding, tennis, golf, biking, or hiking around the Western “Kaiena Point” end of the North Shore.
13.97% Genral Exice and Hotel tax applies and needs to be aded to all nightly rates.
The house was fully remodeled and restored with over 3,000 sq. ft. of interior space, 2 large ocean view decks, real "Tiger Wood" wood floors, original old restored Oak wood floors, granite counters, stainless appliances, 4 new bedrooms and 3 clean large bathrooms. The roof is vaulted to give you a feeling of space and relaxation.
Come stay where the people of Oahu stay to get away from the crowds. Mokuleia is on Oahu's North Shore, but is a secret to most visitors.
King Kamehameha Suite - Large master with Ocean and pool Views, a separate sitting room with rattan couch and chairs, Teak Cal King with memory foam pillow top bed, spa tub, & shower, walk in closet and large private deck.
Queen Liliokulani Suite - This guest master has great ocean views, Cherry wood queen bed with memory foam, private bathroom, and walk in closet.
Queen Emma room - The garden view room has a Cherry wood queen bed with memory foam and a private deck.
Princes Kaiulani room - The 4th room or kid’s room has two twin beds with memory foam and rattan head boards.
We also have a full size bed or "Punei" in the living room and two queen size blow up beds complete with pillows and sheets for those extra guests.
All room beds have Hawaiian print comforters, 400-600 thread count cotton linens, and soft pillows. The house is decorated with Hawaiian prints and classic portraits, Teak and Koa furniture, 8 person and 4 person dinning room tables and sliding windows across the whole oceanfront.
There are no hotels, apartment buildings, tourist traps or the like in the area. We have empty white sand beaches for miles. This is the Hawaii you dreamed of and thought you could only find on the outer islands.
We have wireless 4G internet access out to the pool or 400 feet, for your computer use. Direct TV on one 40" flat screen in the living room and a Sony 27" TV in the master bedroom.
There is great surfing and Kite/Wind surfing right below the property and at over 30 different spots within 10 minute driving in any direction. Sunset Beach, Pipeline, Rocky Point, Haleiwa, Silva Channels, Mokuleia Beach Park, and more. We also have Deep sea fishing and shark encounters at Haleiwa harbor only 10 minutes away. We also have seasonal Polo games at Mokuleia Polo field located right on the beach.
The house has a 33' x 18' private ocean view pool with a 15,000 sq.ft. grass yard. We also have a paddle/tennis court in the back of the house for your private use. Rackets, balls, pool water, and fun included.
Located directly above one of the most pristine empty beaches in all of Hawaii with great snorkeling, fishing, and shell finding. You can walk for 2 miles on almost deserted beaches. Take private horse back riding lessons right below the house or go down to the beach for a oceanfront gallop. We can also set up private Horse Polo lessons available at Mokuleia Polo fields.
The property is located a few miles from Haleiwa town for great shopping, Waiamea Bay for a wonderful day trip, Sunset Beach for surf watching, and Dillingham Air Field for Glider flying, sky diving, and Ariel tours.
This is a rare opportunity to enjoy one of Hawaii's original Ranch homes originally built in 1937. Only a very few lucky people have experienced this property. Movie stars, dignitaries, CEO’s, and the sort have stayed on this private ranch. The site of many movie backdrops and location filming. Many scenes of "Lost" were filmed at the beach below the house.
Perfect for family vacations, corporate retreats, or romantic getaways. Parking for over 150 cars and room for tents, valets, and large gatherings. Additional homes and rooms available near by for your friends.
Totally remodeled in December 2009. Our home is spacious, with all new real wood floors, brand new windows, nice quality furnishings, nice appliances and a huge expansive yard and feel.
If your looking for a one of a kind family getaway, this is the place. Enjoy your vacation with total piece and quiet. Just relax, enjoy the pool, paddle tennis court and the views.
TA# W(phone number hidden)% Genral Exice and Hotel tax applies and needs to be aded to all nightly rates.
Contact us 2 weeks before arrival for all access codes.
Safe, Secure and very private.
Need a car, motor cycle or bike.
Have fun, respect the property and be safe.
TA# W(phone number hidden)% Genral Exice and Hotel tax applies to all nightly rates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement is made between the property owner, and above mentioned Guests.
-ALL INDIVIDUALS THAT WILL BE ON THE PROPERTY MUST BE REGISTERED ON THIS FORM. Guest certifies that only the individuals listed on the Registration will occupy the house. Any unregistered individuals will be considered unauthorized and additional fees of $100 per person per day may be charged. Guest may be subject to immediate cancellation and forfeiture of all rents received at the Agent’s discretion.
-IF IT IS BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT THERE ARE UNREGISTERED GUESTS AND/OR AN EVENT ON THE PREMISES AND/OR ANY VIOLATION OF OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AGENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ENTER THE PROPERTY TO REVIEW THE SITUATION AND IMPOSE FINES AND FEES, IF NECESSARY.
This home have a caretaker 100 yards from the premises-Guests acknowledge and accept this.
-Guest(s)are urged to preview the property/advertising via the (website hidden) website: (website hidden)
- Guest(s) agree to take the property as advertised on the website. Guests are responsible to learn about the area of the rental home. Owner is not responsible for relocating guests once possession of the rental is taken.
- Owner(s) reserve the right to cancel or rescind any rental agreement if it is found that the guests are conducting unlawful activities.
- There will be NO PARTIES, RECEPTIONS, FUNCTIONS, GATHERINGS OR OTHER EVENTS without the written consent of the owners. Guest(s) acknowledges that UNAUTHORIZED EVENTS WILL RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF A MINIMUM OF $1,500.00 PER OCCURANCE.
- Guest(s) shall incur $100 charge for each instance of lost keys and/or garage door openers.
- Neighborhood Noise Restrictions- KEEP NOISE TO A MINIMUM AT ALL TIMES and in particular between 10pm and 8 am. Please be extra courteous to your neighbors.
Remember: You are on vacation, but your neighbors live here and are going to work in the morning.
- SPEED LIMIT ON RANCH IS 10 MPH or less at all times.
- Rates do not include daily maid service, gratuities, car rental, food, liquor, laundry, personal items or excessive cleaning upon departure (ie: upholstery or rug shampooing, etc.).
- No landlord-tenant relationship shall be created hereby.
- Guest(s) shall be liable for all acts of the family, invitees, guests present on the property. Should there be any, illegal action, arising from/relating to occupant(s) use of residence, Owner shall be entitled to recovery of all legal fees and costs.
- Owner(s) will not be liable under any circumstances, including substitutions, to refund any unused portion of booked accommodations or Services, except as noted in Cancellation Policy.
- Owner(s) will in no way be responsible or liable for personal property lost due to theft, flood, fire, unforeseen circumstances or natural disasters.
- Owner(s) or its agents may enter the property with a 1 hour notice to make necessary/requested repairs, show or inspect the property.
- Any misrepresentation about the nature or size of the group, use of the property or any other misrepresentation, or are in any way in breach Of any part of the rental agreement will result in fines or removal from property.
- Owner(s) reserve right to switch Guest(s) to another rental, based on availability, or offer refund (if house is not approved by the guest (s) due to an emergency, fire, sale, unforeseen Circumstance or natural disaster.
- ANY additional cleaning charges, damage, or theft of the property will be deducted from the security deposit and may, if necessary, be charged to occupants as an additional expense if the deposit or waiver is not sufficient.
- There will be NO LATE CHECK-OUTS without prior approval.
THERE WILL BE NO TRASH LEFT AT HOUSE UPON DEPARTURE. REGULAR TRASH TRUCK PICK UP IS MONDAY 6AM, RECYCLE PICK UP IS THURSDAY 6AM AT GATE. All trash must be bagged. Please put garbage bins outside the main gate the night before, or before 6 am on these days. Take bags down to main gate. We have two cans marked Mokuleia Ranch. Grey for trash, Blue for recycling glass, paper, plastic, etc.. Make sure the large garbage cans are placed outside the gates on the EAST Haleiwa town side and on the street about 3 feet from road side. Hawaii has curbside recycling. Failure to remove your trash from the property before your departure will result in appropriate deductions from your security deposit, or additional charges if exceeds security deposit waiver coverage.
- There will be NO PETS in the home or on the property at any time without written permission of the owner.
- There will be NO SMOKING in the home. If you smoke outside, please remove all cigarette buts and put in garbage can.
- There will be NO CATERING OR OUTSIDE MUSIC PERMITTED without the prior written consent of the owners.
- There will be NO FIRES on the property at anytime due to extreme threat of forest fires.
- There will be NO SUBLETTING or ASSIGNING to other parties.
- THE ENTIRE DEPOSIT SHALL BE FORFEITED IF GUEST(S) VIOLATE ANY OF THESE TERMS AND WILL BE LIABLE FOR ADDITIONAL DAMAGES IF THE AMOUNT EXCEEDS THE SECURITY DEPOSIT OR SECURITY DEPOSIT WAIVER FEE COVERAGE AMOUNT.
- SOME HOMES MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE AND MIGHT REQUIRE A REALTOR TO SHOW THE HOUSE. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU MUST ALLOW A SHOWING OR ACCEPT THE NOTICE OF SHOWING. SHOWINGS ARE RARE AND ADVANCE NOTICE WILL BE GIVEN WHEN POSIBBLE.
- All Guests are responsible for adhering to the preceding Terms and Conditions.
Well Water Disclosure
The ranch water is from 215 feet below the surface and lava rock. It is brought up via a well pump to the home, and has not been filtered in any way. We drink the water, but leave it up to you to decide if you want to drink it. Please drink the filtered water that is dispensed from the refrigerator door or purchase bottled water. The water is fine to bath, wash dishes, swim in, etc… and use for all normal uses.
OCEAN AND POOL DISCLOSURES
Agent hereby discloses that the ocean near the Island of Oahu constantly changes with the tide, moon phase, time of year, weather conditions and other factors that are beyond any person’s control. Agent cannot guarantee that there will be a certain amount of sandy area, nor can Agent guarantee the beach and water conditions during Guest’s stay. Guest is hereby advised that the ocean and reefs are inherently dangerous, that Hawaiian waves and currents are much stronger than those existing in other areas and that extreme caution must be exercised by anyone who chooses to participate in any ocean activities. This property has a pool and no life guard, you must swim at your own risk.
CANCELLATION POLICY/INSURANCE POLICY/SECURITY DEPOSIT
For Guest(s) own protection, it is strongly recommended that Guest purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance is available, and is the sole responsibility of the Guest(s) to secure. There are several companies that provide travel insurance, you should do your own homework, but here are a few that we have no association with: (website hidden), (website hidden), (website hidden).
-Any owner or guest (s) cancellation must be in writing and an e-mail with confirmation will meet our requirements. If the cancellation is at the owners request a full refund will be made to the guests.
-Should a Guest(s) cancellation occur, Guest(s) will be entitled to all monies paid less a $500.00 cancellation fee, as long as the property is re- booked for those dates.
-Should a Guest (s) cancellation occur, and the property is not rebooked, and all monies due have been received, all monies are non-refundable except for the security deposit and the cleaning fee.
-Should a Guest (s) cancellation occur and all amounts due have not been received, and the property is not rebooked, all monies are non-refundable.
-No refunds will be made for late check-ins, early check-outs or no-shows.
1. We recommend renting an all wheel drive vehicle from November - March, just in case it’s wet on dirt roads, buts its not necessary if you drive slow. Maximum 10 MPH speed limit on Ranch / No Honking / Drive Slow and be quiet at all times especially around Horses, Cows and other structures- Please do not honk your horn at anytime or spin your tires when leaving the driveway or property. Also as a courtesy, please drive slowly in/out and around the surrounding streets.
2. Sand and dirt- Please make sure all guests wash or wipe the sand & dirt off their feet every time before entering the house.
3. Please make sure hoses are turned off completely when you are finished using them and report any leaks.
4. When going to the beach please use the beach towels provided. Do not use bath towels for the beach. When returning from the beach, please rinse bodies and feet using the outdoor hose. Please make sure to shake the sand out of the beach towels and beach mats before coming inside.
5. Wet swimwear: Please do not lounge in wet swimwear inside the house.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration for the right to occupy the vacation rental, the current occupants acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Guest(s) agree to inform any and all people who will be on the property at the request of guest(s) or by invitation of the guest (s), of the terms and conditions, and to monitor compliance with terms and conditions.
2. Guest (s) agrees to hold owner(s) and agent(s) free and clear of any liability for damage to self or property, resulting from accident, injury, loss of enjoyment resulting from events beyond the owner and agents control (e.g., The weather).
3. Guest(s) acknowledges that the release and indemnity provisions in paragraph 2 apply to all claims for injury or damage resulting from any cause, including the negligence of any party released herein. I further acknowledge that this agreement shall be binding on all family members, guests, including minors, guardians, heirs and any executor or personal representative or beneficiary.
4. Guest(s) agrees that this Agreement should be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. If any section or part of this Agreement is held not to be enforceable under the applicable law, the remainder of the Agreement shall be enforced. The release and indemnification provisions of this Agreement do not apply to reckless or intentional acts. Unless such provisions are permitted by the applicable law.
5. This Agreement is subject to the laws of the state of Hawaii. Any disputes are subject to be settled by binding arbitration in Honolulu, Hawaii according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The prevailing party in any arbitration or litigation shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees.
6. I state that I am 18 years of age or older and legally competent to sign this Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement. I understand that these terms are contractual and not a mere recital. I have signed this document of my own free act.
7. Guest(s) agree to hold owner and agent free and clear of any liability for damage to self or property, resulting from accident, injury, loss of enjoyment resulting from the weather or inoperable appliances or equipment (including hot tub, barbeque, etc)
8. I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY BY READING IT BEFORE I SIGNED IT.
Our group loved our stay. The scenery was stunning and the locale was great. Off the beaten path, but still close to everything. There was plenty at the house for the young children to do and lots of room for adults to relax in private or as a group. The house was clean and in good order when we arrived and had everything we needed for a pleasant stay. Thanks to Cathy and Ralph for a wonderful time!
The house is located in an absolutely divine part of Oahu, well away from the crowds in Waikiki or Honolulu. The house has gorgeous views of the ranch and vegetation below and the sea on the horizon. The house is large, comfortable, and very well appointed with everything you might need for a good stay, including toys and games for kids, beach towels, and every possible kitchen gadget (3 blenders, a wafflemaker, etc). There were 10 of us (6 adults, 4 kids) and we were quite comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool and running around the tennis court, while the adults enjoyed sitting up on the deck taking in the view. Only downside is if you have a lot of things you want to see in/around Honolulu, the ranch is 45 minutes away plus traffic, which can significantly cut into your pool time. I'd strongly recommend the ranch for a stay on Oahu. Beautiful!
The home was exactly as advertised and once we were there it was even better. Very quiet with magnificent views and lots of bird songs in the morning. Our grandchildren seemed to like the pool and remoteness even better than the beaches. Our host responded promptly to one minor glitch with a door and even drove immediately to the house to solve the issue, which required a repairman. However that glitch didn't impact our experience and we were a family of eight. The house was very clean and well taken care of. Our family wants to return next year. The setting is very private and we think is what a Hawaii experience should be, not in the middle of crowds in a typical resort setting. Where else could you experience ranch surroundings with a pool and tennis court in Hawaii with a view and by some of the best beaches and surfing in Oahu?
The views are exactly the way they are described in the listing. We rented the lost ranch to celebrate my in law's 40th wedding anniversary. My FIL & MIL were extremely pleased with lost ranch location. We had no problem fitting in 10 of us. The house is huge. It was hard for us to find the lost ranch because we arrived late night but I called Mr. Gray and he was able to walk us thru the directions over the phone. Anytime we had any questions/issues he was quick to address them. The pool, Tennis court, the back/side yard are very well maintained. We even helped ourselves to some star fruit growing in the back yard.
Somethings around the house could use a little TLC. Like the shower head had lime scale build up. Well we are on mineral rich land so that's expected from the well water. I personally wish the mattresses were a little harder because we are sleep on a hard mattress. But we still slept like a babies. In the kitchen I wish there were some stainless steel utensils to cook in instead of non-stick. We did buy a big stainless steel pot and added it to their collection. No major complaints at all. We had a great time at a great ranch.
Overall I would give it a 8/10. Would definitely love to stay at the Lost Ranch in the future. And would highly recommend it to friends and family. Shout out to Derek who was so kind to us, gave us fresh coconuts with straws in it. Thank you Mr. Gray and Mrs. Aloha.
The Lost Ranch is indeed an oasis on the more populated Oahu. Though the island is gorgeous in all locations, it is difficult to find a quiet place, and this accommodation was peaceful and quiet, but still accessible to various destinations. The house itself had all of the necessary amenities and then some, and was perfect for our family getaway. We enjoyed the tennis, pool, hawaiian music selection, and lovely kitchen. It is a great destination for any family or group looking for a beautiful vacation getaway!
This was a perfect spot for a family reunion. There was plenty of room to spread out, and the house and its location was beautiful and comfortable. Every morning was spent on the deck overlooking the ocean, sipping coffee and watching the parachutes fall out of the sky. The ranch hinted at old Hawaii, and we really felt that we were experiencing the real Hawaii by staying there and not some hotel in Waikiki.
We will be back!
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Cathy
Live, Love, & Laugh Daily. Get in the ocean, the salt water will cure your daily blues. I love Hawaii and enjoy sharing these wonderful islands with everyone. Come and visit our wonderful properties.
FUN AND SCARRY, right above the ranch. A blast if you have the guts.Farrington Highway Waialua HI 96791
Shark diving from cages. A great SAFE adventure I highly recomend for all ages above 10.Papailoa Road Haleiwa HI 96712-1302
Spectacular surf art, one of a kind pictures.Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712
The best place for coffee on North Shore. Coffee beans roasted every morning fresh and bagged for sale.Kamehameha Hwy # C106 Haleiwa HI 96712-1482
Great Healthy Mexican food. Great Margaritas. Good bar on weekends.Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712
My Favorite hands down. Best Mexican seafood restaurant in area. Good bar with lots of local surfers.Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-0362
Great small grocery store with everything you need from good wines, steaks, some deli stuff and good Poki. All the basics too.Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-1419
Good for all your hardware needs close by.Haleiwa HI 96712
Great place to rent surf boards, scuba gear, kayaks, etc..Building built in 1920, just a great shop for cloths and things also.Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-1443
Great food, great location, lots of locals. One of the best breakfasts in Haleiwa on weekends only.Kamehameha Highway # 1 Haleiwa HI 96712
Really close to ranch and great place to watch surfing. Fun for the kids to learn to surf.Haleiwa Hawaii
Great Beach, great valley hike to water falls. A must see on your trip.HI 96712
Glider flying right above the ranch and located 1 mile from ranch. A must do if you have the guts :)Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-8410
Grocery Store near surf spots. About 20 minutes from ranch.Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-9403
Great place for steak and fish. good bar with lots of local surfers etc...Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-9403
The best surfing in the world from November-April. Easy to watch from shore and spectacularKamehameha Hwy Haleiwa Hawaii 96712
The best pies in Hawaii, great for lunch. Try the Mahimahi barbecue chicken combo with tossed local field greens and brown rice, a winner!!! desert try the chocolate haupia pie, worlds best!!!Kamehameha Highway Haleiwa HI 96712-9723
Costco for everything in bulk. Close to ranch, approximately 5 minute drive. Great place to go for everything you will need for a weeks stay at the ranch.Ka Uka Boulevard Waipahu HI 96797-4495