This adorable authentic pioneer cabin would have a lot to say if the walls could talk! The cabin features a double bed with linens and couch along with electricity and a small electric heater. When the weather is colder the cabin gets cold so we recommend that you bring extra blankets or sleeping bags and be prepared for a colder night...just like a real pioneer!
The common bathroom and shower facility is a short walk away. The cabin is located at Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe, Utah. Our place is funky, but functional and not fancy. A real hippie paradise. We boast some of the most beautiful outdoor hot springs in the world, in our most humble opinion. Along with your accommodations you have 24 hour access to the hot springs. We have now began to use our hot water better and have recently created geothermal heated greenhouses with tropical plants and animals. We also have a geothermal day spa where you can book an appointment with a Licensed Massage Therapist to receive massage, body treatments, and energy work. We are so excited about this new venture here at Mystic and would love to share it with you! Our sky is dark and clear and star watching while soaking is a truly incredible experience. We also have concerts from time to time. You may get lucky and get to watch a nationally touring band in an intimate and unique setting, unlike anything you have ever experienced.
We are located on 140 acres and have many hiking and outdoor opportunities either on the property or very nearby. There is wireless internet available in a limited area. We do not have any kitchen facilities for use but all of our accommodations have a fire pit or grill nearby.
We are a great location that is close to all of the best National Parks in Utah. Arches, Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, and the Grand Canyon are all within a few hours drive.
There are 3 good restaurants and a small market in the town of Monroe and Richfield, a bigger town, is 8 miles away with most everything you would need. We are located just a few miles from I-70 and are a great midway point between Denver and LA.
Parking is plentiful and we have plenty of room for RV's or longer buses. We also have a large grassy camping area for tents. Your dog is welcome to stay with you as long as they are well behaved. There is a $10/night fee for each dog that is paid at check-in. They can enjoy most areas excluding the soaking areas.
Please note that $65/night is for two people staying in the accommodation. Each additional person will be charged $22/per person per night. Children 10 and under is $12 per child per night. Price includes full 24 hour access soaking in the hot springs.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$22 / night after 2 guests|
|Weekly Price:||$325 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1300 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||1:00 PM|
|Pet Owner:||Dog(s), Cat(s), and Other pet(s)|
This place is just the experienced we wanted and, I believe, what is great about Airbnb. It's not a hotel, it's an adventure.
We drove up in the dark and snow and put our chilly selves into a comfy bed under many layers of comforters. When we woke up it really felt like we were back in 1865, except grateful for the space heater.
Exploring the grounds, we decided it was too cold for a dip in the gorgeous hot springs. We then ran into Mike who is such a cool guy. He showed us around the stage and studio he's created there. His imagination fills the place and it's wonderful.
I can't wait to go back on my next cross country journey.
You gotta check out this place!
This place is really magical. Maybe it's a little no frills, but the magic of the hot springs and the gorgeous land and cabins make it worth every cent. I will be back for sure.
We arrived at night to our location which made locating the office to check in a little tricky, but we were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. The only problem was that in an effort to keep bugs out, the heat of the day was kept in due to minimal ventilation and made the room very hot. A stand-up fan circulated the air at least. Otherwise, the bed and room were very comfortable. The showers/bathrooms were also a bit of a walk, but were nice to have considering we weren't expecting them. We wish we had time to check out the hot spring tubs, but we had to leave early the next morning. This would be a great place to return during more forgiving weather.
What a disappointment. While the photos and description are technically accurate, what the pictures do not show and what the description does not say is so much more important.
Where to start?
1) Since there is no toilet in the cabin, you can use the bathroom in the office. It is old, un-kept, and smelled foul. The office closes at 11 pm, so no more bathroom! For after hours you are directed to use the port-a-potty. What?! For $73 a night (inc AirBnB's fee), I have to use a port-a-potty?!
2) You can't lock the cabin from the outside; so if you are staying for a few days, everything you put in the cabin, you have to re-load it all back into your car every morning, then re-unload it back into the cabin each evening, every single day.
3) Wireless internet access was only in theory. Technically they have it, but even though I was a only feet from the office, I could never connect more than a few seconds a couple of times. Totally worthless.
4) Since the springs are open 24/7, people were walking by, talking loudly, cars driving up all hours of the night. It was more noisy than expected. The cabin's one window does not face the car, so you have to open the loud creaky door to see if someone is messing with your car.
5) What really disappoints me is they other reviews did not give an accurate idea of the debris piled around the place. Piles of bicycle parts, rotting lumber, wiring to trip over, lots of old rotting and rusting farm implements laying on the ground in high grass, where it is easy to trip over and hurt yourself. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen. It looked like there were lots of projects started, but left unfinished all over.
The main building is a) rotting, b) siding is coming off, c) the roof shingles are grossly deteriorated and d) the pool has plants and trees growing in the deep end.
Photos: (website hidden)
The cabin overlooks a decrepit trailer parks. If you go by the park you can see several rotted away mobile homes where the walls are missing, insulation is on the ground, the roof caving in, etc.
6) The "road" is a dirt road that must turn to mud in the rain because it has big deep ruts. A car arriving after dark could not see the ruts and bottom out his entire car on the road. It made a terrible noise. Who knows how much damages was done.
7) I wrote to AirBnB via their contact form about the issues there and to date, I have never heard back from them. I guess since they got their money, so they are good.
I was incredible disappointed. I really feel cheated by the price for the experience. It is no where near worth $65. It is a $15 value, maybe a $25 value, at most.
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The cabin was beautiful and cozy, especially after camping in Colorado the night before. Super comfy bed. We didn't see any other guests and had the fire pit and hot springs to ourselves for the most part. It's a gorgeous spot that overlooks the valley and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for an unconventionally fun time.
If you like hot springs and have never been to Mystic hot springs, you ought to check it out. The tubs are really nice. We were lucky to be there when there were not too many people spending the night so we had the tubs to ourselves. I'd recommend camping since you will then be prepared to make your own food. The closest place to get dinner or breakfast when we were there (including coffee) was about 8 miles away. This is definitely for those who appreciate the rustic. There is still a lot of work to be done on the facilities. And, if you are sensitive to smoke you can hope that no one is smoking while you're tubbing.
Really exciting place to stay. We really enjoyed the hot springs and sleeping in an historical cabin. Even if it was late when we arrived, Mike was a cool host. We recommend this unique place !
great spot, fantastic surroundings with the hotsprings, romantic!
This is a great spot. Not too far off of I-70 and the hot spring pools are fantastic. Cabin is a nice size, comfortable and quiet. It was really hot inside when we checked in at night, so be sure to request that they open windows before you arrive during the Summer. They provided towels for the pools and even let us borrow a flashlight. The staff was really nice and accommodating.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.