About This Listing
This listing is for a single room. For other room types see our other listings.
Oakside is in Southern England on the edge of Dorset's Isle of Purbeck, which forms the eastern end of the Jurassic Coast, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This area of outstanding natural beauty and abundant wildlife includes many other attractions including the venue for 2012 Olympic Sailing events at Portland.
Oakside opened in April 2010. Your hosts, Ruth and Mark Warner, provide friendly, quality facilities that will contribute to the pleasure and comfort of your visit to Dorset, whether for holiday or business.
We offer you a choice of rooms King-bedded room with en-suite or Double room and Single room with private bathroom. The main aspect of the house offers an idyllic rural view – see Facilities for detailed information. Outside the house, a track leads into Wareham Forest.
Oakside is in the hamlet of Holton Heath near Organford approximately 4 miles (7 kms) west of Poole and 3 miles (4.5 kms) north of the Saxon walled town of Wareham. It's blessed with a lovely rural setting that's insulated from the hubbub of the 21st century; yet it's only minutes from the convenience of modern shopping in Poole and Bournemouth and the main rail and road links to the rest of the UK.
We provide peaceful and comfortable surroundings where you can relax and enjoy your visit to this attractive area.
• King-size double bedded room with en-suite, or standard double bedroom with view over rural landscape
• Single bedroom for single traveller or additionally available for a group or family. (Blackout blinds in all bedrooms.)
• Private modern bathroom with washbasin, toilet and spacious, enclosed glazed shower over bath (next to both bedrooms)
• Open-plan dining area with lovely view through large windows
• Freeview TV in all rooms, free wi-fi and tea & coffee facilities
• Ceramic-tiled floors throughout — ideal for allergy sufferers
• All rooms are ground-floor accessible
• Non-smoking throughout
• We regret that Oakside isn't suitable for toddlers and babies
• Sorry, but we can't accept your pets
• Ruth can communicate in BSL — a warm welcome awaits our Deaf visitors
• Birdlife-friendly cottage-style garden with stone patio
• Breakfast can be taken into the garden on warm days
• Parking for cars in the farm lane
• Lovely wooded view beyond the adjacent horse fields
• Extensive wild walk trails and bird-rich woodlands 0.25 mile
• Heathland with abundant Deer (Sika as well as Fallow) and numerous bird species 0.25 mile
• World's second-largest natural harbour with many water sport activities 2.5 miles
Attractions near Oakside B&B
Your accomodation is situated close to the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site, and near some of Dorset's best Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
We are in the historic English region of Wessex, where the Anglo-Saxon king Alfred once reigned. It is also full of picturesque thatched cottages and is the setting for Thomas Hardy's world-renowned rustic novels
Ruth and Mark made me very welcome. The breakfast was superb with homemade bread. The single room was very comfortable including TV. The bathroom was conveniently located opposite the room and was spotless! I would fully recommend this B&B.
I had a fantastic stay there for the couple of days I was working in the area. Ruth and Mark were lovely hosts and did everything possible to make the stay very good indeed. The room, food and amenities were all excellent.
I have no problems at all in recommending them to future guests.
Jeff (Lake District) - June 2015
Ruth and Mark are amazing hosts! They are very welcoming and have great suggestions on what to see on the Jurassic Coast. Their B&B is very nicely decorated and super clean and the bed was very comfortable. The homemade full English breakfast each morning is wonderful fuel for hiking during the day. Really enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking to explore the coast (:
The room was exactly as described, a single small room, with a wardrobe and TV and single bed- that can be lowered and go up- if you like to watch TV in bed- very nice! As the house is small- it's close to bathroom and breakfast room/ TV room for guests. Bathroom was modern and with big shower/ bath tub. When people say power shower- it's seldom deliver- this was full power shower and excellent. The house has a small back garden which is secured and very calm and nice. At breakfast you overlook the fields through big windows- where a young girl is riding her horse. A full nice English breakfast. If you want greek yogurt etc- you can have that too. Its extremely quite in the night- no noise whats so ever! Its close to the seaside and I would recommend staying with Ruth.
It is a beautiful, quiet and lovely place,
Hostess Ruth friendly and warm reception,
Also drove to the train station to pick me go alone, it was very warm.
The room is very comfortable, reasonably clean and quiet environment;
The owner personally cooked English breakfast is also very rich and delicious.
My English is not very good to say,
But Ruth always patience to listen and understand me very kindly.
I especially like the flower and vegetable gardens, hope to have the opportunity to visit here again.
This host has 48 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ruth
I am conscientious and dedicated to making a stay at our B&B a memorable moment to enjoy.
We love France and food - these two things go naturally together! I hope my love of food comes through in my breakfasts, my homemade bread, and cookies made for the hospitality trays.
My principle is to host others as I would like to be hosted myself.