Enjoy your own private room and semi-private study in a spacious Williamsburg loft and circus space just one-half block from the subway.
Thanks for checking out our listing. We do allow instant booking, but we certainly appreciate it if you have time to send us a message before making a reservation.
We've enjoyed meeting travelers from all over in our two years as Airbnb hosts. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Here are some details about the place. Feel free to ask any questions that aren't answered here.
Your Private Bedroom & Study
- Private bedroom is about 10' x 10'
- The bedroom has a new queen-sized bed (with a new memory foam mattress topper!), a wardrobe (with some of my stuff in it but plenty of room to hang yours, a side table, and some lamps
- Clean sheets and towels included
- Adjoining study has a desk, lamp, and NYC guidebooks and maps.
The Apartment & Building
- Huge, funky loft with rehearsal space, wireless Internet, and home theater
- First floor (no stairs)
- Coin-operated laundry on the floor
- Roof access (okay to smoke on the roof)
- Shared kitchen and bathroom (usually just sharing with me)
Close to Manhattan
Subway is one-half block away
- 20 minutes to Union Square by subway
- 30 minutes to Times Square by subway
In the Neighborhood
- 10-minute walk to bustling Bed-Stuy
- 30-minute walk to hipster Williamsburg
Street parking available
Some Notes on Airbnb
I've been an Airbnb host for a year, and I've had many great experiences and met many lovely people, but I do want to clarify two things to avoid any misunderstanding:
1. I love this apartment and this neighborhood, but some people have been looking it up online and getting a false idea. Technically this is Williamsburg, but we're in a residential section, not the trendy area full of bars and restaurants, which is about a 30-minute walk (or 13-minute subway ride) away.
2. I hope guests feel at home here but not in a hotel way, in an actual at-home way! I will (of course!) clean up before you get here and provide clean sheets and towels, but I don't provide hotel-type cleaning during your stay. Thanks for understanding.
3. I've been traveling a lot, so sometimes my roommate Kelsey is here instead of me. As you can see from the reviews, Kelsey is awesome!
If you have any questions, please ask!
Hope to see you soon,
You can use pretty much anything here, including the kitchen, home theater, living room, and bathroom (of course!).
We're a short subway ride or a long but nice walk to the hip part of Williamsburg, and we're about a seven-minute walk from the bustling strip of Broadway in Bushwick.
Note: We don't seem to be showing up on the right place on the Airbnb map. We're in Williamsburg not Bed-Stuy (north of Flushing Ave).
The G train is one-half block away. The J and M trains are a seven-minute walk away. There are also multiple buses around here.
I've had a car most of the eight years I've lived here, and it's fairly easy to find street parking nearby.
We can provide public transportation directions to any of the local airports, or we can call you a car service (hey! you're a car service).
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$15 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$450 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1675 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Viveca's place. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to meet Viveca, because she was out of town, but she was very nice and helpful by sms. We had the pleasure staying with her roommate Kelsey. She is an amazing person, very friendly and warm, who made us feel at home right away.
The apartment is spacious, clean and has all one could possibly need. It's located very close to a Subway station. Our whole experience was excellent due to Kelsey's hospitality.
The apartment is lovely: spacious, warm (although it was freezing outside during my stay), clean, light, very comfortable and full of nice stuff. Not too noisy, despite the busy street. Bedroom and bathroom also excellent: nice shower and good bed. The neighborhood is okay-connected to Manhattan by metro (1 change). Roommate is impressively acrobatic, and nice.
VIveca's place is AMAZING!! So lucky to be her roommate :D
My boyfriend and I spent four comfortable nights at Viveca's. Her place is charming, unique, spacious, and tidy. The kitchen is well-equipped for those who plan on doing a bit of cooking. Free street parking was also easy to find. I would certainly stay here again!
The reservation was canceled 39 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The loft was absolutely wonderful. It was clean and accomodating and met our basic needs of a bed and bath. Kelsey was a big help is pointing us in the right directions. The subway was very close. We felt safe in the neighborhood. It was a bit noisy at night from speeding traffic though. But we definitely look forward to our next trip to NY!
Great ! The place is very clean and very nice (and near the subway). The host was a delightful person and accomodating. Thanks a lot for these good days in New York.
we couldn´t stay in better place!
was A M A Z I N G!!
thanks a lot,
hope to see you soon
On our trip to New York, my boyfriend and I were on a budget so I decided to stay in Brooklyn to save $. Viveca was out of town so all of my communications were with Kelsey. She was friendly and easy-going and getting the keys was really easy. She actually went out of town the 2nd day we were there so we had the loft to ourselves.
The only real negatives was that a couple nights it was really warm in the apartment even with the fan going. Besides that everything was clean and tidy and we had a good stay.
One thing to note is that if you are making a lot of trips into Manhattan is that at night it will take awhile to get back to the apartment (we learned this the hard way, especially when they shut down the E and G trains which are the most convenient trains for this location).
Overall, I think it was worth the time to take the train...rooms and hotels in Manhattan cost more than double Viveca's apartment and looked kind of sketchy.
My stay was easy and comfortable. My hosts where friendly and welcoming. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning was welcoming as there where some hot days. An easy ride into the city on the train just steps away. Your awesome guys!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.