No check in/check out on 6 January**MINIMUM STAY TWO NIGHTS. ONE NIGHT BOOKINGS ONLY UPON DEMAND OR FOR THE SAME DAY- DO NOT USE THE INSTANT BOOKING IF NOT FOR THE SAME DAY**
The apartment was the home of a Spanish-Italian couple who needed a bit more space and has just been extensively renovated (almost everything is brand new:). With two separate bedrooms, it's perfect for families, a group of friends, or 2 couples. The couch can fit two additional people, but only on demand.
The apartment is on the fith floor of a building. Unlike most buildings in the centre of Madrid, here we have ELEVATOR which adds a plus of comfort to your stay. And there is aircon in all the rooms of the apartment. Could you ask for more?
The apartment is composed of:
* A bedroom with a double bed (160 cm x 200 cm).
* A second bedroom with 2 single beds (that can be joined to form a queen size bed)
* Living room with a couch, dining table for 4 people, TV and open plan kitchen fully equipped with everything you need to cook and eat, including stove, microwave with grill, refrigerator and more.
* Washing machine.
* Bathroom with a big shower
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, we know that is essential ;-)
*Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
*Air conditioning for the hot Spanish summers.
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as an iron, hair dryer, etc. We also provide maps and information on Madrid as well as basic kitchen ingredients, such as oil, vinegar, spices, salt, sugar, tea & coffee and soap.
If you think there is something missing, we'd be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival, one of us will be there to greet you and provide you with all sorts of information we’ve prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay for any questions, or even for a drink :)!
The apartment could not be more central. In the heart of Madrid, in a street leading to the famous Gran Vía is just 50 meters away. Very close to Callao Sq. All attractions are within walking distance ( Sol, Plaza Mayor ..) There are plenty of restaurants, bars and shopping areas that will be happy to recommend. The flat is in Malasaña, which is one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in the city, and this apartment is located on one of its quietest streets and only a few steps away from the buzzling Gran Via -- perfect for experiencing hipster Madrid.
As with our other apartments, everything is so close by that you will likely rarely use Madrid’s excellent public transportation! However, the closest metro stops are Gran Vía (lines 1 & 5) and Callao (lines 3 & 1). You can get to the Gran Vía, the theatre and shopping area, by foot in 1 minute; Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor in less than 5 minutes; and our “museum mile” is about 20 minutes away by foot.
You definitely won't have problems getting anywhere you need to go from here!
Other Things to Note
Normally we have a two-night minimum stay requirement but accept one-night bookings on a case by case basis; please contact us prior to placing your booking request if requesting a reservation for one night only.
We try to be as flexible as possible with your check-in so as to allow you to get into the apartment as soon as you arrive downtown. Let us know your schedule and we'll work it out! However, if you arrive between 10pm and midnight, there is a LATE CHECK IN FEE of 15 euros payable upon arrival. From midnight to 1:30am, the LATE CHECK IN FEE is 25 euros.
You can check availability by clicking on the calendar link above—it’s 100% accurate. Bookings are only accepted through the AirBNB website; feel free to contact us with any questions. You'll get the exact address, directions to the apartment, and tips for Madrid once you've made your reservation!
We look forward to having you at our place soon! Vanessa & Oscar
P.S. If this flat is not available for your dates, please click on our profile photo and check our other listings on the lower left of our profile, or just send us a message (click “contact me”, under our photo) – we’re sure to have something for you!
• Check out is by 11:00 a.m. (unless you have arranged otherwise with us).
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Please note in the apartment guide instructions for taking out the garbage (often it needs to be done the night before; we understand there may still be a little garbage left from the morning you leave if so).
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and you leave the apartment reasonably clean and tidy.
• If something breaks during your stay, please let us know -- we understand that accidents happen! We’d like to know so that we can fix or replace it prior to the next guest’s arrival.
• Parties are not allowed, nor is any loud noise after 10pm in the apartment or at any time in the common areas of the building (entrance, stairwells, elevator if applicable). We kindly request you to keep the volume to a minimum when in these common areas. We care about our neighbours and respect for them is a must. If we receive well-founded complaints from any neighbour regarding the behaviour of guests, you'll be immediately requested to leave the apartment and Airbnb will be notified. We are very flexible and easy-going people, but disturbances to neighbours are a real issue.
• No smoking in the apartment.
• Only people who are officially on the reservation can sleep in the apartment.
• Please be sure that you’ve turned everything off (lights, AC, electronic equipment, etc) when you leave the apartment and when you check out. We greatly appreciate this as electricity rates in Spain are among the highest in Europe and have risen 104% since 2002.
L'appartement d'Oscar et Vanesa est parfaitement situé pour visiter Madrid. Il es au coeur de la zone touristique et nous avons pu tout faire à pied depuis chez eux. Bien que situé tout près de Gran Via, l'appartement est très calme et relaxant. Bonne literie, lumineux et très propre, nous sommes ravis de notre séjour et reviendrions là sans hésiter.
Die Wohnung war genauso, wie beschrieben und auf den Bildern. Sehr sauber. Superschnelles WIFI.
Die Gran Via ist keine 2 Minuten entfernt, der Callao keine 5. Beide Metrostationen sind ebenfalls in wenigen Minuten erreichbar. Läuft man in die andere Richtung findet man eine schöne kleine Gasse mit kleinen ungewöhnlichen Geschäften, Cafes und Bars.
Wir können die Wohnung ohne Einschränkungen empfehlen.
Geweldig appartement in hartje Madrid. Oscar was heel vriendelijk en heeft ons een paar leuke tips gegeven om te doen en waar te eten. Enige jammere is dat je geen uitzicht vanuit het appartement hebt, ramen kijken uit op een blinde muur. Maar de locatie maakt dat meer dan goed, je staat binnen 10 seconden op de Gran Via en kunt eigenlijk overal makkelijk naartoe lopen. Een aanrader!
Fomos muito bem atendidos pelos nossos anfitriões e o apartamento é muito confortável e bem localizado
"Gran Vía at your feet" apartment was great and especially the location was convenient as it is located in the centre of Madrid just few steps from Gran Vía and Callao. We were three people in total and we found the space just perfect for us. Two bedrooms, nice living room and a kitchen. The apartment was equipped well (towels, linens, toilet, kitchen..) We were very happy to stay at this apartment and warmly recommend it to others!
We had a wonderful stay at Oscar & Vanessa's flat in Madrid! It is a very nice apartment...very functional and very clean (we're fussy about that :) Perfect for visitors...it is impossible to get a more central location! We were amazed at how quiet it was, given how close it is to Gran Via. As hosts, Oscar and Vanessa were very accommodating, as our arrival was a bit delayed. So happy we stayed here...highly recommended!
La atencion excelente.
La ubicacion tambien.
El propietario respondio cuando lo necesitamos.
El departamento era como la descripcion.
This host has 886 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar