Thanks for checking out our apartment. We hope it is what you are looking for to help you enjoy your stay in NYC. Please feel free to ask any questions and let us know a bit about yourselves.
Our apartment is a beautiful 4th story walk-up in the best area of NYC – On Jones street, which is In the middle of the West Village and Greenwich Village. The living room is small compared to the large main bedroom but has a great futon that converts into a full bed. Per our pictures, our bathroom is petite, but not unusual for the location. Our kitchen is good size and fills with sunlight in the morning, which will make your breakfast experience on our handmade kitchen table exceptional (more details on each room below).
We are certain that our clean, comfortable and sun filled, apartment will greatly enhance your Manhattan experience.
SPECIAL NOTE: We found out from one of our lovely guests that Jones street was featured on the cover of Bob Dylan's second album - 'Freewheelin'! We purchased the vinyl record from a charming music shop on Bleecker street (cross street) and put it up on the wall in the second bedroom/ living room.
Make a right out of our building, walk for 20 seconds, and you will hit the famous Bleecker Street (as mentioned); Packed full of amazing restaurants, fun bars, delicious bakeries, cute coffee shops and classic NYC pizza slices for those late night cravings.
Tranquil Washington Sq. Park is an easy 5 minute walk away where guests can people watch, relax with a coffee on a park bench, read, or listen to live street music.
Right around the corner from the apartment are two subway stations - West 4th and Christopher Street servicing the A, B, C, D, E, F, M, and 1 trains; Guest can seamlessly travel anywhere in NYC, including airports.
Although located in the heart of an energetic and bustling neighborhood, the apartment is on a quaint quiet side street, allowing much needed serenity after long days and nights in the city.
- Spacious sun-filled bedroom
- Fast, reliable WIFI (works in entire apartment)
- Queen-sized bed, bedside table, and dresser
- Built-in wardrobe for storage
- Large flat screen TV with free online Netflix access to tons of movies and TV shows
- Easy to use printer (useful for confirmation/ ticket printing)
- Full-size ironing board and iron
- Comfortable reading chair
- Blinds on both windows
Second Bedroom/ Living Room (small compared to Main Bedroom)
- Charming second bedroom/ living room with Bob Dylan album on the wall
- Large futon style couch, which converts to a comfortable full-sized bed
- Large walk in closet with built in drawers for storage and plenty of hanging space
- Flat screen TV
- Blinds on large window
Please note: Our apartment has a total of 2 rooms, used as either 1 bedroom and 1 living room or 2 bedrooms. There is no separate living room, aside from a spacious kitchen/dining area.
**All Bed Sheets, Pillows, Comforter (duvet) and Towels are included for up to 4 people in these 2 rooms.
Kitchen and Bathroom
- Beautiful, sun filled kitchen with views of the Freedom Tower (World Trade Center site)
- Large, hand made breakfast bar/ table with stools, suitable for all meals
- Stove with oven, fridge, microwave and toaster
- Fully equipped kitchen i.e. pots & pans, plates, bowls, cups, glasses, utensils etc.
- iPod/ iTouch player with speakers
- Small but cute bathroom and shower with reliable hot water
- Complementary shampoo, conditioner, body wash and toothpaste supplied
- Subway map
- Fruit, Tea, instant coffee, milk, juice, oatmeal and cereal
- Tourist information guide on NYC attractions as well as our own list of personal favorites for those wanting more of a “local experience”
West Village/ Greenwich Village
- THE most attractive area for visiting Manhattan. Our fun neighborhood is short walking distance to Greenwich Village, Washington Sq. Park, SoHo, East Vilage, Noho, The Bowery, Broadway, China Town, Little Italy and Chelsea.
- Right below our apt is a great little wine shop and directly across the street is a quiet, charming bar that has live music most nights.
- Grocery/Bodega and laundry facility across the street
- Our two bedroom apartment offers great value for those who prefer to live like a local and enjoy an authentic NYC experience. Perfect for avoiding the tourist herds of midtown, yet just a short subway ride from the most popular attractions.
- As mentioned, our apartment is a very short walk to two subway stations (2 mins), servicing A, B, C, D, E, F, M, and 1 trains. These trains are very useful for direct transit to downtown (World Trade Center, Wall Street, Statue of Liberty, Battery Park etc.) as well as Times Square (for connection to all of New York)
- Many local cross town buses (we will provide a guide)
- Non-smoker (well not in the apartment anyway!)
- Clean, responsible and courteous
- Not looking to party in the apartment – why would you anyway with so many awesome bars close by!
- Rates on Calender valid for up to 3 people
- $20 for each additional person, maximum 5 (4 more comfortable)
- A security deposit of $200 will be charged by airbnb which will be returned 48 hours after your departure (airbnb handles everything).
- We may also take note of your Passport/ID details
- Any other questions...just ask!!!
Kev & Agata
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||$50 / night after 3 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Super gelegen! Sehr einfach und eng. Das reguläre Bett war super, das Schlafsofa ein Abenteuer...
Kommunikation top, Alles in Allem OK.
Simple clean place, as advertised. Made it super easy for us to get in from our late flight. Really responsive to questions.
My family of four had a fantastic stay at Kev and Agata's tiny but wonderfully charming apartment in the Village.
Everything went smooth and when we had any questions they were fast on texting back to us.
The apartment worked perfect for us, we were able to have a little privacy and at the same time have the kids close by. We didn't cook anything but breakfast while we were there but we could have if we wanted to. Jones Street's location is so convenient and there are any kind of restaurant everywhere you look.
We would go back in a heartbeat!
Easy communication and perfect location in my favorite NYC neighborhood. The apt is quiet
and exactly as described. Will definitely be back!
Three of us stayed here for 4 nights and we were very happy with the ease of check in, the location, and the spic n span cleanliness. Apartment is very well furnished with everything you'll need . Kevin was quick to answer and respond to our requests. This apartment is very good value to sleep 3 in the heart of the village, if you can handle the 4 flights of stairs--we just considered it exercise.
Great location and Kev was very easy to work with. Highly recommend!
Perfect location and a nice apartment for me and my collegue. We stayed for 3 nights in March. Very good communication with owner.
It was great to stay at Kev & Agata's place. The location of their appartment is perfect. It's in midst of West Village, between W4th and Bleecker. But Jones St itself is quiet and so is the appartment. The bed is very comfortable, so I had a good sleep every night. There were plenty of towels to use and Kev & Agata always got back immediately to me when I had a question. They also let me stay till the evening (my flight was at 10pm only) which was perfect and very nice of them. I can recommend this place very much.
This was our first experience of using Airbnb and my friend and I really enjoyed our stay here, mainly because of the excellent location. You are on a fantastic street surrounded by great restaurants, bars and points of interest, and within walking distance of many more. It's a small apartment (which I understand is normal in NYC), so I personally wouldn't recommend it for more than two people.
We were there at the end of February/beginning of March and it was freezing, but luckily the apartment was warm and cosy. When the winter sun did shine the place was filled with light coming through the big windows.
Comfy bed in the main bedroom - the most spacious room.
Plenty of towels, a decent amount of crockery and a hair dryer provided. Also lots of space for hanging clothes up, and a full length mirror.
Apart from the noisy fridge which you can hear in the bedroom, the flat was fairly quiet at night.
We didn't meet Kev, who was responsive with arrangements apart from a bit of a delay when we arrived, but we did meet the cleaner, who was nice. Apart from some dust here and there she does a good job keeping the apartment clean.
Kev let us keep our bags there before our flight on our last day, which we really appreciated.
We enjoyed being able to relax and use the large TV in the main bedroom on our first night (with an excellent pizza from John's Pizzeria - just across the road on Bleecker Street).
We ended up having to share the main bed as the futon in the lounge/second bedroom was very uncomfortable.
We didn't mind the flights of stairs as they helped to burn off all the delicious food we ate! However, the stairwells and building as a whole aren't well kept and felt dingy and old. The apartment is much better than the communal space, but it's also old, and slightly worn around the edges.
The bathroom was the tiniest bathroom we had ever seen. I know its small size is noted on the description and in other reviews, but even so it was a shock just how tiny it is, and it felt claustrophobic. It was just about alright for five nights, but we couldn't have coped with it for much longer.
It would have been good if hand wash could have been provided. They do provide one loo roll, washing up liquid and several kitchen rolls which was good.
There is a lot of random stuff in the apartment, which we guessed had been left behind by other guests (e.g. half empty shampoo bottles in the bathroom). This made an already small space feel more cluttered.
All in all it was a good stay, and if location is important to you then this apartment is a brilliant choice. Thank you Kev and Agata, and all the best.
The flat is very well located in West Village and that's what we wanted !
However the flat can be small if you're not a couple and have to use both rooms...
The communication with Kev was very good, even if we didn't have the chance to meet him.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.