Thanks for checking out our apartment. We hope it is what you are looking for to help you enjoy your stay in NYC. Please feel free to ask any questions and let us know a bit about yourselves.
Our apartment is a beautiful 4th story walk-up in the best area of NYC – On Jones street, which is In the middle of the West Village and Greenwich Village. The living room is small compared to the large main bedroom but has a great futon that converts into a full bed. Per our pictures, our bathroom is petite, but not unusual for the location. Our kitchen is good size and fills with sunlight in the morning, which will make your breakfast experience on our handmade kitchen table exceptional (more details on each room below).
We are certain that our clean, comfortable and sun filled, apartment will greatly enhance your Manhattan experience.
SPECIAL NOTE: We found out from one of our lovely guests that Jones street was featured on the cover of Bob Dylan's second album - 'Freewheelin'! We purchased the vinyl record from a charming music shop on Bleecker street (cross street) and put it up on the wall in the second bedroom/ living room.
Make a right out of our building, walk for 20 seconds, and you will hit the famous Bleecker Street (as mentioned); Packed full of amazing restaurants, fun bars, delicious bakeries, cute coffee shops and classic NYC pizza slices for those late night cravings.
Tranquil Washington Sq. Park is an easy 5 minute walk away where guests can people watch, relax with a coffee on a park bench, read, or listen to live street music.
Right around the corner from the apartment are two subway stations - West 4th and Christopher Street servicing the A, B, C, D, E, F, M, and 1 trains; Guest can seamlessly travel anywhere in NYC, including airports.
Although located in the heart of an energetic and bustling neighborhood, the apartment is on a quaint quiet side street, allowing much needed serenity after long days and nights in the city.
- Spacious sun-filled bedroom
- Fast, reliable WIFI (works in entire apartment)
- Queen-sized bed, bedside table, and dresser
- Built-in wardrobe for storage
- Large flat screen TV with free online Netflix access to tons of movies and TV shows
- Easy to use printer (useful for confirmation/ ticket printing)
- Full-size ironing board and iron
- Comfortable reading chair
- Blinds on both windows
Second Bedroom/ Living Room (small compared to Main Bedroom)
- Charming second bedroom/ living room with Bob Dylan album on the wall
- Large futon style couch, which converts to a comfortable full-sized bed
- Large walk in closet with built in drawers for storage and plenty of hanging space
- Flat screen TV
- Blinds on large window
Please note: Our apartment has a total of 2 rooms, used as either 1 bedroom and 1 living room or 2 bedrooms. There is no separate living room, aside from a spacious kitchen/dining area.
**All Bed Sheets, Pillows, Comforter (duvet) and Towels are included for up to 4 people in these 2 rooms.
Kitchen and Bathroom
- Beautiful, sun filled kitchen with views of the Freedom Tower (World Trade Center site)
- Large, hand made breakfast bar/ table with stools, suitable for all meals
- Stove with oven, fridge, microwave and toaster
- Fully equipped kitchen i.e. pots & pans, plates, bowls, cups, glasses, utensils etc.
- iPod/ iTouch player with speakers
- Small but cute bathroom and shower with reliable hot water
- Complementary shampoo, conditioner, body wash and toothpaste supplied
- Subway map
- Fruit, Tea, instant coffee, milk, juice, oatmeal and cereal
- Tourist information guide on NYC attractions as well as our own list of personal favorites for those wanting more of a “local experience”
West Village/ Greenwich Village
- THE most attractive area for visiting Manhattan. Our fun neighborhood is short walking distance to Greenwich Village, Washington Sq. Park, SoHo, East Vilage, Noho, The Bowery, Broadway, China Town, Little Italy and Chelsea.
- Right below our apt is a great little wine shop and directly across the street is a quiet, charming bar that has live music most nights.
- Grocery/Bodega and laundry facility across the street
- Our two bedroom apartment offers great value for those who prefer to live like a local and enjoy an authentic NYC experience. Perfect for avoiding the tourist herds of midtown, yet just a short subway ride from the most popular attractions.
- As mentioned, our apartment is a very short walk to two subway stations (2 mins), servicing A, B, C, D, E, F, M, and 1 trains. These trains are very useful for direct transit to downtown (World Trade Center, Wall Street, Statue of Liberty, Battery Park etc.) as well as Times Square (for connection to all of New York)
- Many local cross town buses (we will provide a guide)
- Non-smoker (well not in the apartment anyway!)
- Clean, responsible and courteous
- Not looking to party in the apartment – why would you anyway with so many awesome bars close by!
- Rates on Calender valid for up to 3 people
- $20 for each additional person, maximum 5 (4 more comfortable)
- A security deposit of $200 will be charged by airbnb which will be returned 48 hours after your departure (airbnb handles everything).
- We may also take note of your Passport/ID details
- Any other questions...just ask!!!
Kev & Agata
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$50 / night after 3 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
It was great to stay at Kev & Agata's place. The location of their appartment is perfect. It's in midst of West Village, between W4th and Bleecker. But Jones St itself is quiet and so is the appartment. The bed is very comfortable, so I had a good sleep every night. There were plenty of towels to use and Kev & Agata always got back immediately to me when I had a question. They also let me stay till the evening (my flight was at 10pm only) which was perfect and very nice of them. I can recommend this place very much.
They made their place available to me VERY last minute - and were really awesome about it. The place was clean, exceptionally spacious, and really in the most amazing location.
Would HIGHLY recommend this place if its available.
great place, loved it!
The apartment itself was lovely even though the only amenity I actually used was the fridge (with so many places to eat nearby why cook?), there was a whole other room I never even went into (which in New York makes this place *huge*). The key to this place honestly is location, you are right in the center of the village so there's a tons going on and lots to do. It's close to a ton of different subway lines and easy to get lots of other places.
Kev and Agate are great to work with. The apartment was very clean and conveniently located. Lots of restaurants, shopping and markets close by. We really like having the two beds and the rooms on opposite sides of the apartment. Besides the heaters, the apartment is very quit.
Easy check in/out, great communication (timely and consistent too), and lovely location. Overall, a very good stay for our short business trip. I hope we are able to secure this place each time we go to NYC.
The location of this apartment was great – close to many places we wanted to visit and restaurants we planned to try. The apartment is smallish, but was fine for a party of 3 for three nights as we spent most of our time exploring the City and, as mentioned, the apartment is really well located. Kevin was very accommodating about our arrival and departure times which were uncertain, and that was much appreciated. The apartment is quiet. The only issues we had were that the heating system was noisy at times and the shower was not working.
Enjoyed 12 days over Christmas and up to New Year in Kev and Agata's apartment. Questions prior to arrival were answered promptly. Kev was unable to meet me but key transition was without incident. The toilet became blocked on the 1st day but was rectified promptly. As everyone has mentioned previously fabulous, just fabulous location, close to transport and great cafes, laundry across the street. Just loved the village atmosphere. The apartment is small (main bedroom very roomy though) and probably more suited to a couple - we were a group of 4. Sofa bed not particularly comfortable. Stairs can be a challenge but if you plan your day you only need to go up and down once. Overall we all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas experience in NY.
Had a great stay at Kev & Agata's place! Kev was very responsive to all my questions and the apartment was exactly as advertised. The apartment is small but has a good layout for two people to sleep in separate beds (stayed there with a coworker). Will def look to stay with Kev & Agata again next time I'm in NYC!
We stayed in Kev’s apartment in Dec 2013 for 2 nights as a party of 3 and it was alright. The location is great, the apartment itself is small but cozy but the building is a bit run down. Communication with Kev was easy and he always responed instantly. However we would probably not stay here again.