About this listing
- BEDROOM+1(child)FUTON-WIFI up to 10Mb
- BKFAST incl
- HOTWATER SHOWER-WesternWc
- 100M from RIVER&GREEN BELT
- ARTSY DECO+ESSENTIAL OILS+INCENSE+CANDLES,SARONGS...
- ON-CALL MASSAGE
BED with MOSQUITO NETT. GOOD READING LIGHTS. OWN DESIGNED BEDLINEN. TOWELS, SARONGS, SOAP, SHAMPOO PROVIDED
- STUDIO for TWO -
(+ 1 extra Futon for child)
- Recently renovated, clean, artsy, comfy, very good value with its shared kitchenette on terrace, covered garage and quick access to the River Valley
- Perfect for easy-going, low-key World Travellers, digital nomads & Backpackers on a budget.
- WIFI: great Optic fiber up to 10Mb
- The Studio has no view over rice fields or jungle, it is located in a large inner Yard with a bamboo porch, potted plants, Buddha and Ganesha sculptures.
Yet it is 100m away from River Ayung - a Green Belt jungle, protected area, via community steps. Pavilions, bathing area, white water rafting, fresh water spring, huge trees and mysterious fruit hanging from vines.
- 4Km from Ubud (10-15min by Scooter depending on your speed, traffic, processions...)
BED: 1.40 wide, netted, brand new mattress + 1 Futon for child (sorry we cannot accommodate 3 adults here, the futon is tucked away to save space)
- FAN (no AC but a constant breeze and the orientation North keeps the place cool)
- Cabinet, shelvings, Book Collection, Maps, good lights and art on the walls
- Hot water bathroom, Western Toilet
- shared Kitchenette, big fridge and gas cooker on the terrace, protected by bamboo blinds;
- Table & kitchen ware,
- Terrace, covered Garage
- We dont have one, but between 50m and 1-2Km away, there are quite a few Sw Pools (fee 30-40K Rp/Day):
- “Bali Wood” recommended, 600m away, individual pavilions, lounge chairs, kids area, large park, massage & spa, gym equipment
- Gaya Villas, 50M away
- Sayan Terrace, 300M away, same side as us, overlooking River-Jungle
- D'Omah, Penestanan, 2Km away
- Sugar Villa & Restau, (salt water pool) in Botanic Garden Street
- self-service Breakfast in the fridge incl:
- 2 kinds of teas, Bali Coffee (not instant), Creamer, sugar, Cereal mix portions, Bread, cooking oil, spices, home made tropical Jam, Fruit basket on arrival -
Extra foods on request: our House keeper will buy for you, charged at local price, just ask us.
- Bed/bath/home Linens (and sarongs for ceremonies, or can be used as towels)
- Table ware, kettle, pots & pans, bottle opener
- Shampoo, Shower Gel, Toilet paper
- Essential Oils (natural insect repellent),
- Incense, Candles, matches,
- Books for your enjoyment
- Maintenance; cleaning by house keepers
FOLDER with loads of infos:
- maps, what to see, where to eat in the area and food delivery menus,
- art & yoga classes / outdoor activities,
- Museums and Art Galleries,
- updated events, concerts, performances, Ubud community magazine
please check, many images of the place, "certified by AIRBnB" (no photoshop)
+ pictures of life around here AND a Map to help you locate us & the Ubud Royal Palace (heart of town)
- On-site MASSAGE by Balinese lady (own oil with essentials, one hour: 120K Rp, pls request ahead of time )
- SCOOTER Rental - Highly recommended (60K Rp/Day, 1-2 helmets & Raincoat) to explore Ubud and area
- We do not have bicycles yet available from shops in Ubud, about 25K/Day.
=> Try the "DownHill cycling tours": effortless, accompanied by a Balinese instructor: great way of seeing Bali's country life..
- Laundry pick up/ drop off service within 24Hrs (washed, ironed, folded, packaged): billed and delivered at yr Studio.
- "OJEK" (taxi-moto) about 30K Rp depending on distance / duration (ride to town, shopping) if you dont want to drive yourself. Helmet provided.
- DRIVERS: Airport transfer 350K Rp as of Jan 2015 - and -
from/to any place in Bali
- TOURS: Volcano trekking, rafting, Temples, rice terraces, waterfall, Beach, Bamboo Trail, coffee plantation etc
- “SPIRIT JOURNEYS" : Spiritual Healers, shamans, ClairVoyant, Mystic carvers (see UbudSpiritBali site)
PROTECTED 'GREEN BELT':
- Gorgeous RIVER AYUNG, jungle, via community steps, 100M away (at Nr 103 marked by our logo "Bird & heart" in RED color)
- 2nd access is about 700M away, opposite "Sobek" rafting
- The Green Belt: no buildings allowed, no garbage burning, no bikes, no cars, no cocks, no barking dogs
- Rice terraces
- Pavilions along the river banks,
- trekking lane
- holly shrine
- sacred spring blessed by the priest
- bathing area
- white water rafting
- rice field walks & runs (with the HHH association)
The main street is busy (usually active 6.30-9.30am & 5-6pm): tourism has increased in Bali and so has traffic.
Sounds from the street are perceived in different ways, depending on people: some are annoyed, others dont mind.
"I would simply start my day early and would retire accordingly.
At such low budget, i wouldn’t bother: Great value”
(Carolin, Writer, Yoga and Meditation practicioner, 2 Mnths at the "World Traveller Studio’)
REVIEWS from previous Guests:
Benedicte, UK / JAN 2015 :
" I had a beautiful and special stay at the studio. It is a cozy little room, thoughtfully decorated with wonderful little things to make anyone feel right at home. Ibu Mari is a helpful and fascinating woman who has so much knowledge - I could have sat and spoken to her for my entire trip! She gave me some great tips and I feel so lucky I have picked this place to stay. I would stay again and again".
Simon, Australia / JAN 2015 :
" I stayed at the World Traveler Studio. The place was as described, small, but very comfortable clean and cosy. Also as described, a little bit of a trip from the main centre of town, which I liked, very easy to get around.
Tini was extremely helpful in answering all my questions, and took a great deal of thought in responding to my requests for information.
I found Ubud to be a little busier than I expected but I had a good time, and I recommend this accommodation for anyone wishing to visit."
Del, New Zealand /APR 2014:
"The first few days were handled by the housekeepers, both Balinese were very helpful to me. Then the host shared many tips with me and helped out accordingly.
I stayed at this studio and its perfect for a single woman traveler, quiet, safe and cozy.
This place is a bit tucked away from the Ubud center and would recommend to rent an 'ojek' service (Taxi-Moto). My 'Ojek' even took me on his motorbike to the Eastern side of the island, very cool !"
FULL ACCESS TO STUDIO
shared kitchenette, Fridge and gas cooker on terrace, garage.
Interaction with Guests
We prefer to give you privacy, and management will only interact as needed based on your request or if there is some sort of issue that requires attention.
All Contact Nrs are given to confirmed guests in your "House Manual" in this listing, in your "Itinerary",
also inside the room.
Our "Spiral Booklet" in the unit answers most of your questions. Have a look.
from 500m to 2-5Km away
- Art galleries & Artists Ateliers,
- YOGA studios,
- local food stalls, cheap local Balinese restaurants, - cafes (Raw, veg, western, Indonesian foods; exotic fruit sherbet Parlour) up to higher range
- food delivery (italian pizza, raw/vegan, japanese sushis, etc)
- fruit/veg market
- night market
- Five star resorts & Spas
- international crowd of artists & designers,
- 3 SuperMarkets in Ubud, one called "Bintang" is 2Km away;
- Traditional healers, shamans, paranormals
- Ayung River, jungly, wide and beautiful, with a shrine and a natural spring: 100M away from World Traveller Studio' and "Maya", right down the steps from "Jungalow' - %km from "shakti' and 'Solo'
- Green School (entirely built in innovative Bamboo architecture; see their website)
- Botanic Gardens
- Monkey Forest temple
- 12th Century temple
- Bird and Reptile Park
ARMA, Neka, Puri Lukisan,
Mask and Puppets,
Pasifika in Nusa Dua ...
you can walk,
but remember this is a tropical country,
hot, humid, hilly...
Own transport recommended
- Automatic SCOOTER: thats what everyone uses here, (including the whole family, Mom, Dad and 2 kids with their shopping bags...)
60K Rp/Day (includes 1-2 helmets + rain coat)
- "OJEK" (Taxi-Moto): about 25-30K Rp/ride depending on distance
(for those who dont want to drive)
airport transfer : 350K Rp as of Jan 2015
and from / to any place in Bali (price depends on distance/duration)
English speaking; cell phone.
please send our Document (in 'House Manual' and 'Itinerary') with yr FLIGHT details, essential - if you like us to organise a transfer for you.
Let us know any of yr Transport needs in advance
- Bring your Inter/National Driving License + personal insurance
Other Things to Note
Be respectful of Balinese culture:
wear a sarong, long/short sleeved shirt/blouse,
a scarf around the waist (to separate the pure from the impure as is the tradition here in a dualistic society)
Avoid bare shoulders, singlets, shorts, bermudas,
specially if going to a temple, ceremony, ritual, at a Traditional healer/shaman.
- hard copy of each passport
- personal insurance data
- a Flash Light
- OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS:
- JUNGALOW TREE TOP LOFT,
OVER JUNGLE RIVER VALLEY, GARDEN level,
- JUNGALOW TREE TOP HOME,
2nd Floor, Over River Valley and jungle
- "SHAKTI": COLONIAL STYLE HOUSE,
OVER JUNGLE AND RICE PADDIES, sleeps 6
- HOUSE w/ SPACIOUS TERRACE OVER JUNGLE: "SOLO"
- WORLD TRAVELLER STUDIO #3 BY RIVER
cosy & comfy, kitchen and fridge, near River AYUNG and protected Green Belt area
- WRITERS VILLA: COZY ROOM & GARDEN ("MAYA"):
For Solo Female Travellers,
100m from Green Belt, jungle and River
We believe in responsible, mindful, educated travellers.
Our main rule? ~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Yet we had to set up a few points, inspired by experience. Kindly please read.
— Compulsory, upon arrival: a hard copy of each passport (including children) for Police declaration, for all foreigners
(sorry, no Xerox machine, no printer at our office...).
- SPRING MINERAL WATER, - no fluorides - 20L jug dispenser inside your room: please settle 25K Rp upon arrival (leave payment inside on your table, for the House Keeper. Thank you)
- BREAKFAST: Provided by us - self service - consists of:
• 2 kinds of Teas, Bali grown Coffee (not 'instant'), cacao, creamer, Sugar, Cereal Mix portions, vegetable cooking oil, Bread, Home Made tropical jam & “Welcome Fruit Basket” on arrival -
- For "Jungalow" and "Shakti": eggs and butter are provided as well.
• For any Extra foods :
Kindly please ask us a few days prior arrival date. Our House Keeper will do the shopping, charged at local price.
- "MINI BAR” : Snacks and Drinks (in your fridge), to be settled in Cash RP, following marked prices. Kindly please leave your payment on the table inside (for our House Keeper) Thank you.
-+- For all your TRANSPORT needs and/or any other requirements:
Please note: We are happy to assist you, yet we are not up to the local Tourism Office or a travel agent.
We are a small family business, offering Accommodation as our first focus.
We fwd your requests to our drivers. Kindly first explore & research by yourself online and in any Guide-Book about Bali,
draw a rough list/route of what suits you. We send you a document, takes one minute to fill in, easy and helps all parties involved get organised (you, us, House-Keepers, drivers, scooter-rental, ‘Ojek'…), particularly useful in ‘High Season’.
In this Document please mention any need:
- Transfer: Airport OR from / to any place in Bali
- "OJEK" taxi-Moto (if you don't want to drive)
- Tours, Volcano trekking, rafting, ‘DownHill Cycling’, Temples, Rice Terraces, water falls, Bamboo Trail, art, yoga classes …
- "Spirit Journeys" Sessions with traditional Balinese spiritual healers & shamans. 2-3X a week, Limited spaces (3-5 people). Please register 1 week ahead of time
- We do not have bicycles, yet you can find one in Ubud (25K/Day)
- SCOOTER Rental: We recommend Mr Nyoman, a reputable company. 60K Rp/day, home delivery with 1-2 helmets and raincoats. Discount beyond 1 week -
- on-site Massage, Extra foods, Spirit Journeys, etc: please also mention it in the document.
Mindfulness is about respect and consideration of others and of the environment
Please share our Eco-friendly approach:
- Switch off lights and fans before going out (3 speeds: please check)
- Be conservative with your use of Water, a very precious resource here.
- Washing your clothes in the accommodation is not possible, we are sorry as the landlord doesn't want to see wet clothes hanging around. Yet, if you just put whatever has to be washed in the "Laundry Bad" (provided) our house keeper will take it to the laundry shop.
• We RECYCLE Metal cans & glass bottles: please keep them separate from other garbage
- We support the Association “Say No To Plastic!”:
we recommend you use our spring mineral Water 20L dispenser rather than buying single-use plastic bottles;
Use a fabric bag (provided) better than bringing in more plastic bags, hard to dispose of.
Our soap (hands, kitchen) and cleaning materials are diluted. We buy concentrate in soft pouches to keep packaging minimal.
Diluting soapy products is meant to limit toxic, harmful waste in our homes as it runs down to ground water, rivers and streams.
- Smoking is allowed outside only. Please dispose your cigarettes in an ashtray.
Our place is located near by rice fields, jungle, woody rivers, coconut / bamboo groves, ravined streams… This is what our Guests love.
Yet: Insects and animals can be expected, most are charming, others annoying, some can be potentially dangerous.
This is not a “Jungle-Book a la Disney”: Please be both careful and respectful.
Children should be under your supervision at all times.
Please keep all foods in sealed containers -- or inside the fridge.
Avoid leaving crumbs and food scraps in the sink; keep organic garbage in tightly knotted bags.
This will prevent insects and animals to be attracted.
Thank you for caring.
We also provide a "spiral Booklet” offering useful information: take a minute to read it. Tx
PETS: We love them. Yet we reserve the right to allow them on the property. Kindly please talk to us first.
For guests at Studios and Writer's Villa "Maya":
We have a cat who might come to visit you. He is in perfect health, clean, dewormed, desexed, fully vaccinated, identified with a collar. Our guests love him. If you are allergic to cats, please just feel free to chase him away: he understands all foreign languages!
Our place is very safe. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to act in a responsible way:
- Lock your door & Main Gate, close your windows whenever going out.
- keep your valuables inside a lockable cabinet, rather than in plain sight -
OPEN FLAMES (candles, incense, oil burners, gas cooker..) :
never leave them unattended for obvious safety reasons, for yourself & others. make sure to keep them on a metal/glass plate.
WATER HEATER is already set up: please do not change it - if need be, contact us asap, our Maintenance man will do it.
- Bring a FLASH LIGHT with you if you will be coming or going after dark.
- Be aware that pathways and steps can be slippery. It’s a tropical island: Moss, mold, rain, water from rice fields etc, can be expected
- Bring with you:
-- INTER/NATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE
-- PERSONAL INSURANCE
-- HARD COPY of each PASSPORT
(We feel all this section goes without saying, but would like to mention it anyway).
For extra safety, our place is under video control -
Please read as well our “Driving tips” section here.
• Any broken/damaged items should be replaced or compensated by its equivalent value before leaving the place.
- Books, DVDs, maps, good addresses, brochures are available in our "Folder". Before check out: please put them back for others to enjoy.
- Small children should be fitted with napies; we request parents to bring a RUBBER SHEET to prevent any annoying issues, soiling, etc.
- Our beddings are in very good state. Stained mattress, pillows or cushions will be charged accordingly.
- No extra guests are allowed in the House unless requested in written, ahead of time.
- Lost Keys are charged 200K Rp.
ELECTRICITY, Water, Internet service:
while these are all currently active in the listing, from time to time there can be a lapse in their accessibility due to the more primitive infrastructure of services on the island (remember, this is Bali!);
nothing can be done about a lapse in service and does not constitute a valid reason for cancelling with the expectation of a refund. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
DRIVING: TIPS & DISTANCE to UBUD:
The 'World Travellers Studios', 'Jungalow' and 'Maya' are located in Sayan, 4Km away from Ubud.
'Shakti' and 'Solo' are located in Suweta Street, 2.2Km from Ubud Palace.
Not right in the center of town, just outside, surrounded by nature.
We mention distance in Kilometers - an objective measure - rather than in terms of time - subjective to your own driving speed, current traffic, road repairs, sections of streets cordoned by local security due to ceremonies or processions, etc
Walking is left to your appreciation, but remember: Bali is tropical, hot, humid, hilly, dogs might bark at you…
Reason why we recommend you have your own vehicle / transport.
Everyone here drives a Scooter! Or use an “Ojek” (taxi-moto) if you dont want to drive.
In high season, obviously, one more car adds to traffic.
But all entirely up to your decision.
For your own safety, responsible ways of driving your scooter around:
- strap on your helmet, wear closed shoes, sleeved tops, trousers (rather than flip-flops, shorts, singlets..).
- Wear gloves, sun glasses, have a map at hand, a smart phone with a mapping device is useful;
- driving license, personal insurance data, copy of your passport / visa with you, just in case.
- Keep your valuables under the saddle; Keep your helmet with you after parking.
These recommendations are again of course entirely up to you.
The accommodation is GPS referenced: see in your “Itinerary” and "House Manual”.
- ADDRESS, location, landmarks, distances, contacts, keys, WIFI Password:
communicated to confirmed Guests via the "ITINERARY" and in the "House Manual”, in your listing.
Please do Save the infos, Keep them with you at all times, thank you.
USEFUL ADVICES :
We recommend to book your transport with us,
whether you arrive in day time, or later than 4PM (Staff then off) —
Yet, of course it is entirely up to you.
- Important: AirBNB Hosting does not offer services like a regular Hotel:
no 'Reception desk' open 24/7;
- Our employees have a Schedule to be honored
- Owner & Employees do not live on-site.
- BALI does not have street names & sign posts at every junction...
- Houses rarely have clear visible numbers;
- Even and odd numbers (as in Western countries) are not a concern here.
- Some streets show twice the same number - or Nr 24 is followed next door by Nr 103 ~ ;-)
- Street lights are not always operating properly at night -
A driver found in the southern part of Bali, experienced by one Guest:
“Cheap deal in Kuta turned out a "cheat deal”, taxi was unable to locate the house..”
- Our driver's fee is the same as any other taxi: about 350K Rp (as of Jan 2015) from Airport to Ubud, 1Hr15/1h30 drive -
- Cell phone signal and internet can be "patchy" and unreliable -
Therefore we apologise if not being able to give immediate answer to calls/SMS-(website hidden)/emails, yet we are proud of our great "host metrics' as referenced by AirBnb: "100% response, within one hour"
- If in need, contact ANY of the given numbers here, or try again later.
- Any problem while in transit to the destination, delays, etc:
please Contact asap our driver and any Nr provided in the "House Manual" & in your “Itinerary"
Our friendly “wink” to our valued guests:
• We always do our very best to serve you, yet mistakes are possible, we are humans.
• Kindness is key to solve most issues … ^+^ …
- Bali is on a slow pace, not up to Western criteria,
please be considerate and avoid "last minute" requests.
Balinese people do not enjoy being 'stressed out" ~:+}
• We apologise for not being able to process late notice requests.
Thank you so very much for caring
Welcome & enjoy Ubud!
~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Updated 28 July 2015
Super netter Kontakt und wunderschöne Unterkunft. Sehr schön und gemütlich eingerichtet, ist die etwas abgelegene (am mit dem Roller von Ubud aus sehr schnell zu erreichende) Unterkunft perfekt ausgestattet mit unglaublich schnellem WIFI und allem was man sonst noch braucht (Küche, Bad, Trinkwasser, Frühstück, ...). Ich könnte mir auch gut vorstellen dort mehrere Wochen zu wohnen.
Очень милая комнатка со всеми удобствами: чайник, плита, столовые приборы, чай, кофе и т.д. Единственный минус-находится эта комнатка в 10-15 минут езды от Убуда, но поездка на такси около 4-5$.
From the online translation:
"Very nice little room with all the amenities : kettle, stove, cutlery, tea, coffee , etc. The only negative is the room of a 10-15 minute drive from Ubud , but a taxi ride is about 4-5 $ ."
Thank you for the nice comment, as our Studio offers a kitchen with all equipment.
Yet we DO recommend renting a Scooter (60K Rp/Day = 5USD) that offers much independence OR an "OJEK" (taxi Moto) at 30K Rp (= 2USD) - as mentioned in the Listing.
The accommodation was clean and decorated very nicely. The included breakfast consisted of coffee or tea and toast and honey and had prepared himself. We preferred therefore in the town to have breakfast.
The hostess was very friendly and helpful, our stay all in all very pleasant.
Should we go back to Ubud we would, however, opt for a more central hotel.
Even though the rooms of Studio #3 and #4 are nice and clean as described, I will not recommend this place. See why:
LOCATION: The studios are very close to the main road, so you certainly have very big noise from the motorbikes and cars and big trucks, in particular at the afternoon, around 5-6pm and in the morning between 6-9 am.
PRIVACY: The studios are sitting right next to each other and you share the veranda, on which a gas cooker and a fridge is to share and there is no separation. People are passing by, as they park their cars and bikes their and are passing to get to their houses/apartments.
ATMOSPHERE: One might like to be controlled, rather than treated and trusted at first as a good tenant; there is a camera controlling every step you do at the veranda; even in the room you feel you are pretty much ‘guided through’ as there are signs all over the room & bath-room telling you what NOT TO DO or TO DO; the owner, a retired french lady, lives at the front house, gave me a 10 minute lecture on how healthy her cat was, after I ‘asked’ the cat nor to enter my room. No consideration about the guests.
VIEW: This is the worst I have ever experienced. The studios are facing the parking lot!
I lived in Ubud-Bali for many years; there is no reason to accept such a location, even for smaller budget. I have chosen Sayan, because I wanted a view over the valley. The staff has rude manners by ordering people. I had been asked to check in at 2pm; which is unreasonable to give a guest no window to check in. They also make it sound like the place would be not to find, so you SHOULD GET THEIR DRIVER; There are a lot irritating guidelines about the location, which is actually easy to find and to access.
For private reasons I had to leave the studio immediately and left a note in the room, and was told 2 days later that I had to cancel the room myself via airbnb, to tell me 2 hours later that they cannot refund me now, since ‘YOU DID NOT CANCEL THE ROOM VIA AIRBNB’. No problem, but the tone was unnecessary rude.
Our Listing for "World Traveller Studio" #3 and #4 gives various informations, meant for people who come to Bali or S/E Asia for the first time.
It is based on experiences shared by foreign guests, who have no idea that
Bali does not have street names & sign posts at every junction;
Houses rarely have clear visible numbers; even and odd numbers rarely exist; some streets show twice the same number;
street lights do not always work properly at night, etc
We do indeed recommend to book with our drivers, we feel it is safer, yet adding "it is entirely up to you".
- "I wanted a view over the valley”
copy/paste from the listing:
“the Studio is located in the inner yard” and "Gorgeous River AYUNG, jungle, via community steps, is 100M away”
copy/paste: "The main street is busy (usually active 6.30-9.30am & 5-6pm): tourism has increased in Bali and so has traffic. Sounds from the street are perceived in different ways, depending on people: some are annoyed, others dont mind. Testimonial:
"I would simply start my day early and would retire accordingly. At such low budget, i wouldn’t bother: Great value”
(Carolin, Writer, Yoga and Meditation practicioner, 2 Mnths at the "World Traveller Studio’) "
copy/paste: “shared kitchenette, fridge, gas cooker on the terrace, shared garage”
+ photos showing the kitchen set up on the terrace, between Studio 3 & 4. Our guests enjoy chatting with their neighbors, sharing travel tips etc.
The "parking lot" is indeed a space for car: under a nice Bamboo porch covered with green climber plants, passion fruit, yellow ‘alamanda’ flowers, potted plants, a stone Buddha head, a large Ganesha statue.
We will definitely add a photo now.
Bikes are "not allowed to park in front of the units". It is a “Please dont”.
Our studios are simple but clean and well maintained with a great service, for “travellers, digital nomads & Backpackers on a budget” -
‘controlling every step you do”, "You are supervised with cameras!”
"For extra safety, our place is under video control" .
Other people express an entirely different opinion:
"I stayed at this studio and its perfect for a single woman traveler, quiet, safe and cozy.” (Del, New Zealand).
The camera is felt by our guests as a service to ensure safety.
mentioned in the listing and In “Photos” section. Copy/paste:
“A friendly visitor, Mister Peanut, rescued from the street, now turned into a flamboyant cool tiger. Will say hello and check your bags.."
Check-In time: mentioned in the listing: “from 2PM”.
The house keepers need time between check out and in, to clean, do the laundry, refill the fridge, put fresh flowers, etc . Anyone who would ask to arrive
earlier is welcome to drop their luggage, and if the Studio is ready, to settle in.
Tini's message considered as “disrespectful and awful; just terrible!!!“
(Tini used capitals, true, sorry. In Europe it is seen as "shouting" whereas here, it is meant to enhance an information):
Tini: "Yvonne, We didnt realise you had left, cause our Staff was OFF for GALUNGAN. YOU MUST CANCEL immediately via AirBNb. This way, the calendar is “available" again, chance to get a guest, and refund you"
and "this was your request in your note.”
Yvonne: "..I had other priorities, but your tone is disrespectful and awful; just terrible!!!
- The "staff is very rude", "has no manners”.. "without any consideration"
Other guests give praise to them: "Tini was extremely helpful in answering all my questions, and took a great deal of thought in responding to my requests for information." (Simon, Australia / JAN 2015)
“… a helpful and fascinating woman who has so much knowledge - I could have sat and spoken to her for my entire trip! She have me some great tips and I feel so lucky I have picked this place to stay." (Benedicte, UK / JAN 2015)
Prior to Ms Yvonne's arrival, we were contacted by "her driver", sent ahead of time he said, to "control the place". We welcomed him, offered a cup of tea, gave him a tour.
He made a video of the Studio: bathroom, bedroom, terrace and surroundings.
For a reason that we dont understand, this person was asked to introduce himself as “Yvonne’s driver” athough he is a member of her family. We mention this only because our guest states that we are “lying" and are "control freaks”.
It seems that maybe a feeling of anger biased the comment, as refund could not be done in spite of our recommendation (twice) to proceed with cancellation via AirBnB.
We have dismissed every point here. We leave it to our guests to appreciate.
Lovely, great hosts. Comfy inside, helpful in organising transport from airport and scooter hire (highly recommended). Filtered water - at a small expense, washing can be cleaned as well. Lots of enlightening books, candles, incense. Mood lighting, art. Brochures to some amazing food stalls/ restaurants and fridge.
THANK YOU JESSE for acknowledging our efforts to make the WORLD TRAVELER STUDIO a comfy place, with great services and attention to details such as good reads, artsy deco, incense, candles, sarongs, fresh flowers, fruit basket, essential oils and a lot of updated infos about Ubud. Come back any time, you were a very lovely guest to exchange with, respectful of our House keepers and of our space.
Studio #3 is as depicted in the photos. Though not as light and spacious. The rooms are kept clean by house keepers, who are all extremely kind and friendly. The bathroom however is practically outside, so one must be prepared for cockroaches, lizards and maybe a rat. Furthermore there isn't a door between the bathroom and bedroom, so if this is an issue for you, I would not recommend staying here. Marie was extremely lovely, welcoming and very informative. They also provide you with a complimentary food shelf, which is very sweet. If you stay here I would recommend getting scooters or taxis when staying here; the walk into Ubud takes about 40-60 minutes. The wifi cannot handle more than two people at a time. Which is a bit of an issue if both studios are in use. All in all we had a pleasant stay, however for a longer stay, we would recommend being somewhere closer to the centre.
MOST 5 STAR VILLAS have an "open style" bathroom... with NO roof, in the open air! thats what ppl love!
Our Bathroom DOES have a roof...
this is a TROPICAL country, hot, humid, INSECTS are ALIVE -
we keep our place super clean, using SPRAYS with ESSENTIAL OILS (NOT toxic Baygon) efficient and yes, it may happen that an insect or a lizard (or a mouse, after all, Bali DOES have RICE terraces...! ) escape our attention, so what to do? 'sterilize'' the jungle out there.... ?
THE WIFI ? FROM 10 JUNE 2015 has BEEN UPGRADED at high cost TO OPTIC FIBER WITH 10 MEGABITE so that there is NO problem connecting -
SCOOTERS are a great way of exploring the area, even if you are right down town... and you of course DO want to see RICE TERRACES (and these are NOT down town ubud..hehe) or TEMPLES, water falls, rivers, country life is just OUTSIDE Ubud --
WELCOME TO WORLD TRAVELLERS who have a sense of adventure when away from their confort zone...
such great price, great location, good comfort, kitchenette, super WIFI, what more can we offer?
Happy to welcome you here again -
We've had a lovely stay in Studio 3. It is close to Ubud, but far enough to stay away from rush and noise. Our host and Made were really helpful.
This host has 135 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Tini
I am a Balinese woman married with two young sons; I supervise our Staff, also work as a Cook &House Keeper, and i am a Masseuse - so that keeps me busy...
NYOMAN, my husband used to work on cruise boats, his English is quite good and he takes care of the on-going maintenance. We are a great Team!
We have a friend, she helps us w/organisation & on computer.
We like to make our guests happy, making sure the house is clean and comfortable, the garden trimmed, transport organized safely.
Whenever Guests ask us to bring papayas or fresh coconuts, we prepare them on site for perfect freshness.
We provide extra services: interesting things to do in Ubud, ceremonies, On-Site Massage/reflexology, healing by local Shaman/Spiritual healer, Scooter Rental, Airport Pick-up, downhill cycling tour, Yoga & art classes, trekking along the river, Museums, food specialities....
Just tell us your needs: we are more than happy to be of service