Bedroom with free breakfast, TV cable LCD 32', ceiling fan, adjacent complet bathroom with shower and bidet, telephone and wireless internet (Wi-Fi) at USD $30.
The residence has of 2 more bedrooms available and divided. You can use almost all the entire residence, not only your room.
The kitchen, living room, etc. will be shared with me and one or two people maximum.
Make yourself at home!
- 200 steps to Caribbean sea or Malecon Est
- Naional Aquarium 1.6 km, 20 min walk
- Acqua Splash, Tropical Caribbean, 1.9 km, 3 min
- The Columbus Lighthouse 6.3 km, 9 min
- ATM 450 meters, 4 min
- America's First Cathedral 8.5 km, 14 min
- Dominican Man Museum 8.4 km, 14 min
- Alcazar de Colon 8.9 km, 16 min
- Embassy of the United States of America 10 km, 16 min
- Milony Center, Mall 800 meters, 10 min walk
- Dr. Dario Contreras Hospital 5.5 km, 8 min
- Las Americas International Airport 19.7, 18 min
- Boca Chica Beach 25.7, 21 min
- Taxi station, 200 meters. on the street 2
- Bus stop two blocks from the Las Americas Highway
- Bus stop one block on 11th Street
- Bus stop 100 meters on Avenida Spain
Good location for all who come to visit Santo Domingo for business or pleasure. An ideal place for people in transit to other destinations. Quick and easy access to both transit important avenues of the city. In front of Avenida España and two blocks of the Americas Highway. Only 18 minutes from the airport of Las Americas. Let us know the time of arrival and flight number and we'll pick you up at the airport!
The house is located in " Ambar Marina 6" a quiet and safe residential area. Located on the corner of Calle 9 with lane 2, parallel to Avenida Spain.. A few meters from the Caribbean Sea. Next to the Malecón Est, park, nightclubs, ATM, several commercial businesses in the area, pharmacies and pizzeria with delivery service every day. If you like running or walking, do not forget gym shoes. Here there is a path along the sea, on the Malecon, more than 5 km long, where people go running. Gym less than 200 meters down the calle 2, between Calle 9 and Calle 11. We are not directly on the beach, we are in the second line along the Caribbean Sea. Only 20 minutes from the house, along the Avenida de las Americas, meets the beach Boca Chica, a stretch of fine white sand that is lost in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea. Bus stop two blocks from the Las Americas Highway. Buses cost, 50 Dominican pesos or $ 2, and takes you directly on the beach. 10 minutes from the historic city "Colonial". Bus stop 100 meters on Avenida Spain
Santo Domingo enjoys a typically tropical climate, the heat tempered somewhat by sea breezes. The average annual temperature is 77°F ( 25°C ). The rainy season is between May and November, but consists of heavy showers of short duration after which the sun shines brightly once again
Services with extras:
- Transportation from the airport to the house of USD $ 25
- Round trip airport / House $ 50
- For airport pick-up on hours (from 10-00 pm to 08-00 am) a suplementary cost USD $10
- Excursions and much more available upon request.
Special package for guests they come to Santo Domingo because of Surgery
All included in the following price:
for just US 500.00 per week.
We'll pick you up at the Airport.
We'll take you to get change money, and Groceries even shopping
We'll take you to and from the Doctor's clinic, before and after surgery
Cook for you, breakfast, lunch and dinner every days for the first 3 or 7 days after surgery.
And finally we'll drop you at the Airport.
i enjoyed the wonderful hospitality that Dominga and her family showed my boyfriend and i as i recovered from sx with dra yily. the food was... different for my stomach and taste buds but the convenience of the location helped with the travel to go get what my stomach recognizes. we played games, shopped,toured,shopped,and felt welcomed.she made sure we didnt get swindled. i recommend the stay..BUT not the fish!!! tho mi novio presidente seems to think the lobster was good. (my vomit sways my vote!). i also recommend getting the massages from cipla, tho it will cost via taxi, the massages her cousins offers for $35 were insufficient and $4 more for NO REASON. overall if i had to do it again id stay with Dominga again.. and i LOOOOVE VIRGINiA (her sister) she was a great help with the faja
I really loved Dominga - and on the strength of her little family there - for that alone, would come back. I was sick while I was there so was very happy for the very comfortable bed, the flat screen TV and the lovely room with an excellent large bathroom and the sweet little balcony. Bring earplugs!
I am thankful for their kindess and eagerness to understand. That being said, make sure you learn Spanish if you are coming here - it really is essential!
I think they have great potential and hopefully with my constructive criticism future guests can have better experiences.
1) Let people know in the ad that where they live the electricity is out from 6 am to about 6/7 pm. That means no air conditioning at all and on the 2nd floor it gets very hot.
2) Fix the leaky toilet. It's uncomfortable to have the hosts line towels up to soak up the water (Is it dirty water?) instead of getting it fixed. Hey, this is a business - I am paying to stay!
3) Have some extra blankets in plain view. I had to go searching for some one night and ended up waking up someone and with the electricity problem it goes from super hot to super cold. Of course then when I'm super cold there are no blankets in site.
I left the place with a cough and sneezing (e.g. a cold). I'm now at a hotel and after just one night of being able to sleep very well I'm feeling 1000% better.
3) Don't leave the management to the kids. Dominga was very conciencous when there but she left the management to her daughter. When I started asking to fix the leaking toilet (water was filling the floor) and that I wanted to change the reservation and leave sooner, the daughter and one more burst into the room and basically yell at me asking what is wrong in an angry tone. I asked them to wait since I was in the middle of working on my laptop on something very important. (They apparently didn't notice that or care when going in to the room without knocking).
4) Have some organization for the people who are taking care of things. I mentioned that there was a mouse that came in under the door in the morning one day (I didn't want to be bitten as I walked barefoot and I had some protein powder I didn't want bitten into). The kids who were managing turned it into a joke and made a half hearted effort to find it and said, it must have come in from outside. Yeah, but how about solving the issue without acting scared of the mouse. Again this is a business - I was paying to stay.
In summary: I gave 2 stars since there is potential, but the way things were being done was absolutely wrong and I left with a cold which in my book cost me a lot of lost time and money on this trip for staying there. Perhaps you should confirm these things with them and if not fixed don't stay. While a hotel costs more, is lost sleep, risk of being bitten and contracting a disease in a foreign country, and potentially leaving with a cold because of the inability to sleep worth it?
I spent a week here and do not regret the time or money spent here. With the value of the room in mind, I think this un-airconditioned room (two others had room a/c), was beautifully arranged and made me feel like I was staying at a home of my family for the week. Even though THIS ROOM did not have air-conditioning, I took great advantage of the only door to the outside stairway to the fenced rooftop that was an enjoyable nighttime Carribean experience that my date and I spent dancing to the muffled music coming from the nearby bar two streets over alone under the moon and the stars and with the breeze rolling of the night sea.
I will not reiterate, but merely reaffirm, most all the comments and reviews that came before me about the general aspects of the B&B. It was not a hostel, but it was a home away from home at a near hostel rate. It was a place removed from the constantly tourist-hasseling vendors wanting to sell cigars or their companionship or the lint in their pockets. I would safely and comfortably recommend this as a worthy place to stay, to my friends, my parents, or my grandparents. I will fondly remember time spent with my hostesses who were my friends for the time that I was there, being introduced to mamajuana liquor & introducing them to playing several festive rounds of UNO the card game.
Camera pulita e personale accogliente e gentile. Sono stato solamente una notte però sono stato bene. Molto disponibile nei miei confronti.
The best time ever! I am studing spanish just to return in 4 months or less and again in October. Will reside @ Dominga's if available. Its a real life and family expirence.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.