About this listing
Inspired by travel tales & to support his independent bookshop, Bookman - owner of the famous Rachna Books & Café Fiction opens a part of his home to book-loving, globe-trotting travelers. Located 10min walk from MG Marg.
Come, share your story!
Barely 10 minutes walk away from MG Marg, Bookman's BnB is located in Gangtok's only official green belt area. With a bookshop and a café in the premises that host innumerable cultural/ literary/ musical events, this is also rated as the top must visit de
Bookman's BnB is located a floor above the world famous independent bookstore - Rachna Books. On the road level, Café Fiction is a great place to hang out for book lovers and story-tellers.
Bookman, the owner and friends regularly organize events.
In short, this is THE place for all things that is contemporarily cultural in Gangtok!
1. Rachna Books : 12% discount on books purchased here for in-house guests
2. Café Fiction : Get 2 coffees / teas for the price of one
3. Free broadband wi-fi
4. Reading Room facilities at the bookshop
5. Assistance for arranging Airport / Railway Station Transfers & sight-seeing
6. Booking services for our top-rated partner hotels in Darjeeling and Pelling (West Sikkim)
Interaction with Guests
While the guests' privacy is the number one priority, the owner and staff is on duty throughout the working hours at Rachna Books and Café Fiction. Interaction with guests is only as much as the guests want.
We are located in Development Area, opposite Manan Bhawan that houses the New Secretariat, State Central Library and Community Centre, in the posher, quieter, residential part of town. The city centre, M.G. Marg, down a very gentle slope, is about 8 minutes of slow walk.
We also have Rachna Books and Café Fiction in the premises.
The neighborhood itself has restaurants, take away/home delivery places, ATMs, convenience & general stores, clinics and a medical store barely 2 minutes walk away.
Shared taxis charge Rs10 per head to Gangtok's City Centre - MG Road and Rs20 per head back from town.
A taxi stand is 2 minutes walk away.
There is parking facilities in the premises for 2 vehicles.
We assist in arranging taxis for sight-seeing, airport/railway station transfers.
Other Things to Note
Feedbacks solicited. It helps us help you have a better stay while with us.
1) Privacy is the number one priority for our guests.
2) Check Out - 12:00noon, Check In - After 1:00pm to 8:00pm
3) Please do not wash clothes.
4) Please do not bring food into the rooms. You are welcome to use the sitting area.
5) Please respect the privacy of the fellow residents. Please do not bang doors. Maintain the noise levels to bare minimum especially between 10 pm to 8 am.
6) Please put off the lights and other appliances when you go out.
7) Please do not smoke in the room.
8) Please do not use/consume illegal substances in the room.
9) Please do not use high-wattage appliances in the room.
10) Breakfast is served at Café Fiction, which normally opens at 9:00 am. You are requested to inform the attendant at the café previous night in case you plan to have your breakfast here.
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!