THE "AFRICAN DREAM" EXPERIENCE
This spacious, warm, friendly "lodge-styled" home, which overlooks Princes Grant’s 6th fairway, dam and green, more than lives up to its name “African Dream”, as it offers all guests a wonderfully different, luxurious African Bush Lodge experience, on a private, secure Beachfront Golf Estate.
African Dream is tastefully decorated in rich African décor, with each of the, individually decorated, four bedrooms (3 upstairs and one downstairs) offering an ensuite bathroom, plus there is a private fully equipped upstairs cottage / flatlet that can sleep four people (one queen size bed and one double sleeper couch). All in all, the home can accommodate a maximum of 12 guests (i.e. 4 people in the cottage / flatlet and 8 people in the main home).
During September to December 2012, we completed an "extreme makeover" with the entire home and garden having undergone a complete "revamp and upgrade" which included extensive renovations, improvements and upgrades to the entire "African Dream" property.
The main reason for us undergoing this extreme makeover, was so that we could offer all our guests, be they families, groups of friends, or corporate business clients, a truly world class, luxurious “bush lodge styled accommodation”, equal to any "6 Star" establishment!
NB. The home has been awarded the highest possible AA rating (i.e. superior) and has the distinction of being graded 4 STARS (self catering) by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa, for the last 7 years.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL QUOTED PRICES ARE FOR THE "ENTIRE HOME" (11 - 14 people).
AIRBNB DOES NOT CATER FROM PRICING FOR THE OTHER TWO SMALLER UNITS THAT WE OFFER.
SHOULD YOU WISH TO ONLY RENT THE "MAIN HOME" (5 - 10 people), OR THE "FLATLET" (2 adults & 2 children), THEN CHEAPER RATES WOULD NATURALLY APPLY.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PORTION OF AFRICAN DREAM, YOU WISH TO RENT, AND HOW MANY GUESTS NEED TO BE ACCOMMODATED, SO I CAN CHARGE YOU THE APPROPRIATE RATES.
We are able to offer you three accommodation options and the cost of your requested rental, will depend on the accommodation that you choose:
• The three available accommodation options are as follows:
• The "Entire Home" - (3 luxury bedrooms, plus 1 luxurious suite (with private lounge) + 1 executive flatlet - accommodates 12 adults and 2 children of 14 years and under).
• The "Main Home" only - (3 luxury bedrooms, plus 1 luxurious suite (with private lounge) – accommodates 10 adults).
• The "Flatlet" only - (1 luxury bedroom + sleeper couch - accommodates 2 adults and 2 children of 14 years and younger).
CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
(Relating To The Different Accommodation Options):
* Should you rent the "Entire Home", you would have use of the "Main Home" and the "Flatlet" plus use of all African Dreams facilities (e.g. courtyard & it facilities, the Jacuzzi, the front pool deck area, the pool and the front secret garden).
* Should you choose to rent only the "Main Home", the "Flatlet" will either locked during your stay, or alternatively, there may be other guests renting the "Flatlet" during your stay;
* Naturally, you, as the guests of the "Main Home" would get preference on the use of all African Dreams’ outdoor facilities and the guests in the "Flatlet", would not have access to any of the main part of the home, nor will they have use of any of the "Main Home's" outdoor facilities (e.g. courtyard & it facilities, the Jacuzzi, the front pool deck area, the pool and the front secret garden).
* If you choose to take only the "Flatlet", there may be other guests that have booked into the "Main Home" and naturally, you would then have no right of access to the MAIN part of the home and the "Main Home" guests would get sole use of all of African Dreams’ outdoor facilities (e.g. courtyard & it facilities, the Jacuzzi, the front pool deck area, the pool and the front secret garden).
* If there is no-one renting the "Main Home", during you stay, then you would be welcome to use all the outdoor facilities that African Dream offers (naturally the MAIN section of the home, including, the kitchen, dining room and bedrooms 1 to 4 will be locked and not available for use).
NB. When booking, please advise WHICH "PORTION" OF THE HOME YOU WOULD LIKE TO RENT, so that I can give you a formal quotation for the specific portion / area, that you wish to rent.
AFRICAN DREAMS OFFERING
The home itself offers the following facilities and services:
• Our housekeeper “Lindie” will look after you and your family and ensure that the home is kept clean and tidy. She does not to prepare meals and works for from Monday to Friday (excluding Thursdays – she works for another owner on this day). Should you wish to hire her services over the weekend, then this is by arrangement with her and should be paid a minimum of R130 per day (plus tip – if deemed appropriate).
• PVR cable TV network for the 7 “up to date” LED TV’s positioned throughout the home;
• An in-house DVD library and over 140 movies, to choose from. The DVD library selection includes all genres of movies and caters for adults and children alike;
• The main bedroom has an air conditioner, an overhead ceiling fan, tea and coffee facilities, a spa bath, a large separate shower, double basins, a large wall-mounted LCD TV with a DVD
• All other bedrooms have an ensuite bathroom (each with its own shower, toilet and hand basin), an overhead fan, tea & coffee facilities and cable networked LED TV’s & DVD players;
• The quaint private, fully equipped upstairs “granny cottage” offers a bedroom and a separate bathroom, a second self-catering kitchenette and a private lounge with its own double sleeper couch, an overhead ceiling fan, a DSTV networked TV and a DVD player;
• The antique “out of Africa” décor in the lounge compliments the large, comfortable sofas, complete with soft comfort cushions and a generously sized High Definition TV that’s perfect for sport, movies and DVD’s alike. There is also a cabinet with a DVD library and over 140 DVD's to choose from, positioned in the lounge.
• The open plan Dining room / Kitchen area with a separate scullery cater for great family or friend time with the island prep-area and stove situated perfectly between the kitchen cupboards and dining-area. It offers all modern conveniences, including a dishwasher, large double door fridge / freezer, an ice making machine, plus a coffee and espresso machine.
• In the dining area there is a large 10-seater dining room suite with a separate side server, on which you will find a Vintage telephone with a separate router that will meet all your online requirements. The telephone is for inbound calls only and the phone number will be given to you in your booking confirmation letter.
• To assist you with connectivity, there are 3 ethernet cables, plus full Wi-Fi capabilities. The WPA security key can be found underneath the router;
• For your additional entertainment there is also a powerful mini hi-fi positioned on the side server in the dining room area that caters to your music needs whether you are indoors or relaxing outside;
• Private indigenous-forested courtyard with sundeck and Jacuzzi;
• A double and single out-door cushioned rattan furniture set with coffee table, plus two comfortable high back armchairs with their own large footrest, are situated on the verandah in the courtyard for your comfort and relaxation.
• We supply you with three braai options: A charcoal barbecue (with complimentary box of firelighters and bag of charcoal on arrival), as well as a separate mobile Weber gas barbecue plus a Cadac “skottel” braai;
• A TV in a mounted cabinet, three outdoor furniture sets, 2 pool loungers (with cushions), a bar fridge with a small drinks cabinet situated next to it, on the front pool deck area;
• A separate private laundry with washing machine and tumble dryer, plus two “Retracta-lines”, positioned in the golf cart garage for hanging up your washing.
NB. When washing is hanging up in the golf cart garage, the garage door must be closed, or partially closed, so people on the road cannot see the washing hanging up.
• A four-seater golf car (Daily rental of R300 / day for duration of stay plus a refundable deposit of R4000 required if you wish to us the golf car).
• During your stay you will be supplied with the following:
• Surprise Welcome Gift Pack (on arrival),
• Bag of charcoal & box of firelighters (on arrival),
• Soap in all soap dishes (on arrival),
• Toilet air freshener in all rooms & guest loo (throughout stay),
• Bath towel changes (on request during stay) (throughout stay),
• Coffee, tea, milk creamer and sugar in all rooms (throughout stay),
• Toilet paper (throughout stay),
• In house laundry services (throughout stay),
• Linen changes (on request during stay) (throughout stay).
• NB. We do not supply beach towels, so please bring your own beach towels.
House towels are not to be taken to the beaches or public pool areas.
• The Private Forested Courtyard and Moonlight Deck.
This unique, private area offers guests an indigenous forest that has it's own private sundeck, complete with outdoor furniture set plus a beautiful 6-seater Jacuzzi for long restful moments, be it during the day, or at night under the stars!
This private, central courtyard, is beautifully canopied by the forest and complimented by the surrounding ferns and other indigenous plant species. Browsing in the forest you will find a variety of wild game including buffalo, eagles, elephants, giraffe and Duiker (these are all sculptures - not the live variety).
The private internal courtyard offers two truly unique experiences, one by day, with the sun soaking the deck and Jacuzzi and one by night, bringing a truly “out of this world” experience, under the bright African sky!
To enhance the night-time atmosphere, there are green and blue illuminations that bring the forest to life, and make the tree-top canopy unfold magically beneath the stars. This planned illumination has given the courtyard an ambience of beauty, calmness and serenity, yet at the same time, it can also be transformed into an up-beat area to party and enjoy…….. Perfect for a family braai, drinks with friends, or a great party dance area!
• The Private Indoor Indigenous Forest Viewing Verandah:
Paved with big beautiful limestone quarters, the courtyards covered verandah itself offers yet another place to simply be!
From the two undercover relaxation areas, in the central courtyard, looking into the forest and onto the central deck area, one can sit and enjoy the tranquil sound of trickling water from the two water features which are positioned in the little indigenous forest and at the same time, appreciate the natural beauty offered here.
Different species of ground covers, plants, indigenous trees and ferns blanket the earth (email hidden) coat and make it the perfect home for the numerous species of local bird life and our carved African animals. Situated in the forest we have two large elephants, a 3-meter giraffe and a pair of Duiker. On the covered verandah walls we have mounted elephant heads and two impressive buffalo heads, plus a carved eagle on the Jacuzzi deck.
Two "Out Of Africa" high-back armchairs, with a central coffee table and a comfortable footrest are in the one area and in a separate corner, next to the Jacuzzi, there is a single and a triple rattan couch, which offer the perfect locations to for one to socialise, peruse their favourite newspaper, read a book, or just relax and enjoy the forest ambience.
This covered walkway and verandah area is fully protected from the wind, sun and rain, which means you will be able to relax here, day and night, there no matter the weather conditions.
• The Scenic Sundeck and Mountain Pool Area:
In the front of the house you will find the most amazing rock rim flow pool, complete with its own gurgling stream and two miniature waterfalls! Scattered around the pool there are three submerged martini seats plus a single “ledge seat” for lounging in the water with a cocktail of your choice, while soaking in the sun and the stunning, panoramic views of the secret garden, the 6th fairway, the dam & the green.
Perfect for sunbathing during the day and stargazing at night. The deck is beautifully finished in an oiled, natural brown, Balau wood. On the side of the pool at the deep end, there is a small natural sandstone rock, for you to perch and dream, with the magnificent panorama before you!
The deck offers two super comfortable sun-loungers, six wooden deck chairs, an ornately carved comfy chair, a special kiddies chair (made from beautiful Tambuti wood), a small, movable coffee table and an additional side table, which all allow you the flexibility to move them to any one of many positions on the deck where you and your friends or family, can relax and enjoy the different views on offer.
There is an additional cozy, social area on the deck, next to the fountain, miniature waterfall and rock stream, which offers a concrete outdoor table and bench set, complete with its own large gazebo-styled umbrella. This is an ideal spot for chilling under the umbrella in the hot midday sun, while the kids frolic in the mountain pool, before you.
For larger family and friend gatherings, there is also a large wooden outdoor table with a built-in wooden bench, complete with comfortable cushions, which provides an ideal place to socialize, enjoy a meal, play board games with friends and family, or drinking games if that throws your hair back! This table can seat approximately 10 people.
Conveniently located on the deck, next to the bench table, there is a bar fridge, a small drinks cupboard plus a small TV, positioned in a cabinet above the fridge - ideal for watching sport on a Saturday afternoon, while enjoying the outside ambience at the same time!!!
The Mountain Pool Sundeck area offers guests a multitude on outdoor fun options, with enjoyment and relaxation, being the common factor!!
• The Secret Garden:
The open, grassed, landscaped indigenous garden area in the front of the house, with it own special “Lovers Bench”, offers wonderful views of the dam and the 6th green. Lovers Bench offers a private, secluded location to spend time with that special person in your life. Take a bottle of wine and enjoy the peaceful, scenic, romantic ambience that this secluded garden area offers!
It is called the “secret garden” because the only people that know it is there are the residents in African Dream. It cannot be seen from the neighbours’ homes, or from the golf course and offers a wonderful retreat, where one can soak in the peace and serenity that Princes Grant offers.
This beautiful, tranquil garden area is ideal for just “chilling” on a blanket under the midday sun, or the starlit sky - whichever your preference. Alternatively, one could enjoy a wonderful family picnic in this landscaped, grassed garden area.
African Dream is not a just a holiday home …… it is an experience!
Welcome the “The African Dream Experience” ………. now put your feet up and enjoy!!!
The magnificent, award winning, Princes Grant Beachfront Golf estate, is situated a short 15 minute drive North of Ballito and only 20 minutes North of Durban’s new international airport, the King Shaka International Airport.
Furthermore, Princes Grant it situated approximately 75 kilometers (an easy 40 minute drive on open highways) north of Durban’s two stadiums, namely the 2010 FIFA World Cup Stadium, The Moses Mabhida stadium and the renown rugby venue, Kings Park.
For those wishing to experience the true African wild life experience, there are numerous public and private games reserves in easy reach via the national highways. These game reserves offer a diverse range of wildlife, including the “BIG 5”.
This breathtaking beachfront golf estate offers an enormous array of facilities, including the following:
• An 18 hole, Peter Matkovich design, championship “links styled” golf course which has been rated as low as no. 17 in South Africa and no. 5 for coastal golf courses in SA;
• An Olde World Colonial Clubhouse with its warm friendly pub “Mulligans” (which also offers pub meals) and our gourmet restaurant “Bunkers” which offers a ‘fine dining’ experience with the very best cuisine;
• Our kilometer long private beach offers everything from swimming beaches (with life guards on duty in peak season) to children friendly beaches with rock pools;
• Our pristine lagoon with canoes on hand for residents to explore the mangroves and peacefulness of this unspoilt estuary;
• Walking nature trails through our indigenous forests where you will spot numerous varieties of birdlife, including the famed “African Fish Eagle”, as well as monkeys, Duiker, bush buck and other forms of wildlife;
• Two children’s playground areas with jungle gyms and trampolines, a soccer field and beach volley ball court as well as 3 swimming pools and a squash- and tennis court;
• 24 hour “diplomat level” security with fully electrified perimeter fencing and security cameras plus 24 hour vehicular and pedestrian estate patrols.
• On site beautician and massage facilities;
• A fully equipped conferencing centre that serves as a popular wedding venue;
• Unparalleled views throughout the estate
• …… and a whole lot more!
2 nights - Out of Season.
4 nights - High season (unless it falls on a long weekend, when minimum stay is 3 nights).
7 nights - Peak season (unless alternate space is available between bookings).
We have three seasons, not two:
Out Of Season (low season);
High Season (mid season)
Peak Season (high season.
You will need to check with us as to which season your requested dates fall into.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "OUT OF SEASON" SPECIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay for any THREE "Out Of Season" nights and you only ONLY PAY FOR TWO nights!!
Great is an understatement. The estate was gorgeous and had so much to offer that we ended up staying in the local town the whole weekend instead of driving down to the city Durban. It was farther north than we expected from the city (~1 hour), but definitely worth the drive. The people working in the estate were so helpful and told us where we can find everything from the beach (3 to choose from) to the lagoon walk. Our home was fully furnished with gorgeous, but not over the top, decorations. All of the amenities (BBQ, jacuzzi, infiniti pool) were a joy to use.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT