About this listing
Two minutes walking from the sea! Very confortable, quiet and safe, close to everything you need. 30 reviews, all positive. Taxis and buses 1 min., metro 5 min. walking.
You can be sure it is going to be a great stay!
Charming and silent apartment one block away from the sea at Copacabana, that's a two minutes walk!
Please note the apartment is now better than in the pictures, since it has being upgraded during and after our holidays there last february/march. Just read the reviews.
The apartment is nice and bright, with cable tv, well very efficient wifi with 15 mega, air conditionning in the living room and in one of the bedrooms. No view, but very quiet. We spend our holidays there and that's where I lived before moving to Amsterdam, so it feels like a real house, with real antique furniture, it was not bought and decorated just for rent.
It is in very safe familiar building, with reliable 24hrs doormen, they all work there for many years.
You will find yourself at the hart of the city but very close to a park full of tiny monkeys and a walking route in the tropical woods.
It is very close to a metro station, banks, shops, drugstores and farmacies, great restaurants and a few 24 hour facilities like a great bakkery and a snackbar/tropical juice bar.
In the apartment you will find:
-2 bedrooms, each with a comfortable double bed and in the room with a veranda there is a 1,70m one person's bed wih wheels under the big bed,
- 2 confortable sofa's, (one is a two persons sofa-bed) and two armchairs in the living room, so you can all seat together confortably to chill out and plan your next programs in the Wonderful City!
- a nice antique eating table for four were six can seat easily, and six beautiful antique chairs.
- split airconditioning in the living room.
- air conditioning in one bedroom, the one with a veranda has a ceiling fan, (it is bright but not warm because only the veranda gets direct sunlight). There is a small wooden table at the veranda that is not in the pictures.
- a very good new shower with hot and cold water and a very safe and efficient Bosch heater.
- new sheets and towels of very good quality, all 100% cotton.
- a wel equiped kitchen with stainless steel pots and a great coffee machine that turns off by itself.
- a lot of fresh air, if you leave the inside doors open there is always a nice brease in the house. (Don't forget to close doors and windows when you are using the airconditionning.)
The antique wooden floor was restaured, the fridge and stove are bigger and new, both from the best brand you can find in Brazil.
There are now some beatiful illustrations from the Imperial times, found in one of the antique markets in Rio, one of our hobbys when we spend our holidays there.
I am sure you will feel at home, just like we do! And if you need any tips on where to go and what to do, I will be more than happy to give you very good insider's informatio
The hole appartment.
Very close to the wonderful Copacabana beach and beautiful green areas, a few 24hrs shops, and great restaurants, the apartment is in the center of the "Polo Gastronômico do Lido".
Taxi stop almost in front of the building.
Many busstops just around the corner.
The metro station is three blocks away.
Familiar environment, please no hard noise after 22:00hrs.
Be polite to the staff of the building, they work there for a long time and they are all nice people! :)
No parties in the house, please. You are not allowed to invite other people to the house.
Please no garbage out of the windows!
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
The location for this apartment is just absolutely perfect! So close to Copacabana beach and lots of shops, markets, buses and metro station nearby. Valéria was extremely helpful, sharing a lot of really useful local knowledge and information prior to arrival which I really appreciated. She is very quick to reply to any enquiries and is overall a perfect host that I would 1000% recommend to anyone. Rio is a fantastic city, the apartment also is secure and in a safe area for people concerned about safety in Rio. I would definitely recommend anyone coming to Rio to stay here. Thank you for all your help Valéria, it was a pleasure to stay in your home :) 5 stars!
Excelente el departamento de Valeria! muy bien ubicado, muy limpio y cómodo. Valeria muy atenta con nosotros, nos paso muchisima información de como manejarnos en Río y respondió todos mis mails, asique más que conformes y altamente recomendable!!
Great location, we felt safe as much as it is possible in Rio. Valeria was very responsive to our last minute request and shared with us her personal tips and knowledge about neighborhood. Mrs. Ruth as well was very helpful - I enjoyed talking to her a lot! There are supermarkets nearby and lovely fruit shop. On Thursday on street there is a market to buy fruits and veggies very cheap. Only thing which we would like to comment: no washing machine (there is laundry nearby, but could be convenient more if it was present in the apartment). Overall we felt welcomed and will recommend this apartment to other travelers :) And definitely we would go back to Rio again! Cidade maravilhosa!
Foi tudo perfeito. Valéria nos deu todo suporte, com dicas de supermercados, padarias,passeios, parques,restaurantes, tours..!! O apartamento é realmente como descrito, muito próximo a praia e tudo funciona. Muito tranquilo pra dormir a noite, sem barulho. As crianças amaram e voltamos pra casa com vontade de ficar mais!! Valeu mesmo..Obrigado !!
The house is pretty and confortable. I've been there with all my family (7 person). We enjoy our holiday and Valéria, the owner, sent me a lot of information to move in the area, so we were not lost ;-)
We already have the saudade....
Minha estadia no apartamento foi perfeita! Estive com mais 7 amigos e todos ficamos satisfeitos, pois, a descrição era exatamente o que dizia no anúncio.
A Valeria mesmo morando em outro país, foi sempre muito prestativa e nos forneceu inúmeras dicas para aproveitar e desfrutar ainda mais das maravilhas da cidade maravilhosa.
a DNA Ruth e todos os porteiros ajudaram nossa estadia ser melhor, pois, a todo momento tentavam ajudar de alguma forma.
Super recomendado e certamente voltaremos em outra oportunidade. :)
We had wonderful hollydays in Rio! And mainly thanks to Valeria's flat!
1. Great location - 2 minutes and you are on the beach.
2. Shops, currency echange, ATM - 1 minute.
3. Bus stops - 1 minute, metro- 5 minutes, taxi- opposite the entrance.
4. Big living room, big bads, clean and cousy. Clean towels+more.
5. On the second day we decided to cook ourselves (Copocobana's restaurants are not cheap ;), so, Valeria's kitchen is very suitable for two women cooking in it. Moreover, it has all dishes you can imagine.
6. Windows view to inside yard and thanks to that important fact we slept like children - usually, in other trips I use earpumps.
7. And Donna Ruth! Great thanks to her help and advices!
Best regards to Valeria and Donna Ruth!
About the Host, Valéria
Living in Amsterdam and loving it for a long time, I still need to fly away to the sun in Copacabana with my husband and 3 year old boy and stay in this same appartement. - so please take good care of it. ;) - That's how I garantee my share of sunshine and coconut water for the hole year!
I love reading, movies and arts and loosing my time in antique/second hand markts and discovering those small restaurants with great food. But also the sea and the sun and al those tropical fruits. And travelling, of course!