About this listing
Real Bali life, hospitality, temples, shrines, family home, children, elders, FREE WIFI, meals avbl, grocery store in front, near warungs, massive rice fields, trails and NO tourists!!. Walk to Om Ham Yoga Meditation Centre, pool, vegan food and more.
Visit authentic local Balinese theatre within walking distance.
Pool access and discounts on meals!
We can coordinate your scooter rental, hotel or airport transfers and the most popular Bali tours with our reliable and trusted drivers.
As special bonus, guests are provided with 15% off all meals at Gana Resort in the centre of Ubud with free access to pool and free towel service. Great for combining with an after Yoga Barn.
POOL ACCESS AND YOGA PACKAGE - Combine your real Bali experience with a short walk to the world class Om Ham to make it an economical stay and yoga retreat where you can attend yoga and meditation classes, take in a massage, enjoy culinary vegan cuisine, the swimming pool or lay about in their internet loungers overlooking the rice fields. See details below.
POOL ACCESS AND LUNCH SPECIAL - As special bonus, guests are provided with 15% off all meals at Gana Resort in the centre of Ubud with free access to pool and free towel service. Great for combining with an after Yoga Barn session.
This traditional Bali house is part of a multi-generational Balinese compound that is rarely experienced by visitors. You will be part of the vivid, gregarious and humble community life that is the REAL Bali. Wayan and her family will share their culture, traditions, history and religion with you in an open and humble way that is very, very special. You will become a part of their big and loving family. The compound houses 4 generations of Wayan’s husband’s family each in their own separate sections moving to the rhythm of their daily chores, interests and routines.
The family temple lies just beyond the garden of your mini house and is the center of the spiritual life of the family. Take part in the daily offerings or the larger ceremonies to appreciate the importance of rituals and ancestors. Pets and animals are a big part of the compound. In their own separate area in the back of the compound are the family’s livestock, chickens and pigs.
The rice terraces of Tegalalang lie to the back of the compound as do 2 rivers. Daily walks through the rice terraces at sunrise and sunset are incredibly beautiful as the herons wing their way to their roosting grounds in the next village over. Or join the village children as they splash about.
(Rate displayed is per room rate, maximum double occupancy)
- 2nd bedroom is available for
- FREE for month long bookings
- $5 per night payable on arrival or through Airbnb
- $25 weekly, payable on arrival or through Airbnb
Please specify upon booking your choice of 1 or 2 bedrooms
Why not include a healthy Balinese breakfast for only IDR 30,000 per person. ($2.20)
There are some very interesting things to do in that area. You can ask Wayan about these MUST DO!!!! ...only here in the village area;
1 - Jegong Bamboo Orchestra Theatre show, near Paula's Cafe, don't miss and sit in the front row.
Friday's and Monday's at 7pm, Rp 80,000
2. Kecha Dance and Fire show, Friday's and Sundays, ask Wayan
3. Local rice fields just around the corner
4. Ceking Rice Terrraces about a 20 drive on scooter, down the little hill from Wayan's, stay left, and left, and left until you get to main road, left and about 15 minutes up on Jl Raya Andong
5. After Ceking, back down Jl Raya Andon all the way into town
6. of course, rent a scooter from Wayan.
Look at the scooter map on the listing for a fun touring route.
7. Combine your stay with yoga classes at Om Ham which makes for very economical Bali yoga and meditation retreat, spa, pool and int'l cuisine.
Combine your stay with yoga classes at nearby Om Ham Yoga Retreat, makes of a very economical Bali yoga and meditation retreat and save $100s and $100s
Walk only 11 mins to Om Ham.
Rates as of Feb / 16
* Kundalini Tantra Yoga Class Rp.100.000 /pax
* Blessing kundalini Tantra Yoga Class Rp.150.000 / pax
* Meditation Class Rp.100.000 / pax
Yoga class Inclusion :
* Yoga mat
* Refill water by gallon
Om Ham also offers visitors a Restaurant, Vegan Food, Swimming Pool and Rice Field Internet Lounge
We also provide your with our FREE Ubud and Bali GUIDE !!!! of tips, recommendations, and advisories covering Airport Pickup, Taxis, Scooter rentals, Currency exchange, SIM cards, Best Bali Day Tours, Best Yoga Classes, Self-guided Tours, Best Traditional Balinese Legong and Keca Shows, Theater Dance, Best Beaches, Free rice field walks, Best Spas, Best Massages, Best Restaurants, Best Vegan, Sites, Water Rafting, Sunrise Trekking, Cooking Classes, Bars and Nighclubs, Laundry, Electricity, Crime, Health and Safety, Hospitals, Emergency, Balinese Basics, Do's and Don’t Etiquette, What to pack and more!
You have access to your entire area. You will mingle with this warm and charming family daily to whatever extent you wish. English is also spoken.
Interaction with guests
You will mingle with this warm and charming family daily to whatever extent you wish. You will encounter babies and grandmas and elders. You will have your own space and yard for personal privacy. Two host family members speak English.
Other things to note
In addition to coordinating airport or hotel transfers here is a list of the most popular and frequently requested activities we coordinate for our guests,
1. Scooter rentals - IDR 60,000, per day, IDR300,000 per week
2. Water Rafting Ayung River – IDR400,000 per pers - includes lunch, pick up and return transportation
3. Downhill Bali Countryside Cycling – IDR 400,000 per pers - includes bike rental, lunch, hotel pickup/drop off
4. Fast Boat to Gili Trawangan/ Gili Air IDR450,000 per pers – includes taxi pick up.
5. Ubud and Area Tour - IDR500.000 (per vehicle, max 4 persons) Tour Ubud Area, Monkey Forest, Tegallang, Ubud Palace famous Chekking Rice Terraces, Goa Gajah/Elephant Cave, Celuk Silver Mas, Mother Temple.
6. Mengui Tour IDR600.000 (per vehicle, max 4 persons) Visit Royal Mengwi Palace, Royal Kedaton, Taman Ayuni, Tanah Lot.
7. Besakih Day Tour IDR700.000 (per vehicle, max 4 persons) Celuk silver in Mas, Green Hill Jambul, Bat Cave, Kertagosa Kelungkung Heritage, Mother Temple.
8. Spa / Massage, from IDR200,000 depending on treatment, 60 minutes.
9. 2 Days Komodo Dragons, Pink Beach, Live Aboard or Home Stay Flores Tour, 1 night/2 days, airport pickup, 4 meals, IDR600,000. Does not include flights.
10. Full Countryside Bicycle Tour to Kintamani - IDR400,000 per person. Includes hotel pick up/drop off, bikes, lunch and bottled water.
You will find many offers on the streets of Ubud with a wide range of prices, however we only work with trusted experienced organizers with safe and reliable vehicles and offer the fairest rates.
Do not book online. By coordinating locally, we will always beat internet prices.
Please use an online currency converter to estimate cost in your preferred currency.
If any of these interest you, it is best that you let me know as soon as you decide so I can reserve space. ....Thank you...Anita
Note: Prices are current but may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. You can confirm at time of booking.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 196 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, I'm Anita, Indonesian in Bali and I love helping travellers find just the right place and to experience my beautiful country. Let me help you make the best of your vacation. I have many local contacts that can offer the best rates on the most popular activities from yoga, spas and adventure tours.. Feel free to write to me with any questions.
In the meantime you can check our our free guide of of 60+ tips, recommendations and safety advisories that will ensure you have the best time in Bali. You can find it by searching
- Things to Know Anita's Ubud and Kuta Villas Bali Indonesia