About this listing
Only minutes from Playa Grande, Tamarindo, Conchal, Brasilito, Flamingo, and Huacas. Escape the busy tourist areas at our mountain retreat and enjoy a rooftop terrace with a breath-taking view, 4 spacious bedrooms, and a private pool. Pura vida!
Casa Peñasco sits atop a mountain just northeast of Tamarindo, slightly east of Playa Grande and is an impressive structure of modern concrete and glass embedded into hard rock, much like homes in Malibu, Hollywood, and Laguna Beach California.
The top floor is the rooftop terrace, the main entrance to the house. It features an automatic gate and space to park your car. The terrace's wrap around balcony is great for relaxing in the morning to catch the sunrise or in the evening to see the sunset and the stars. Alternatively, it is a great space for parties and other festivities!
Casa Peñasco affords its guests a great view from all floors. From the terrace, descend into the first floor living room and the large granite kitchen. Down the hallway are the three guest bedrooms and their two full bathrooms with two adjacent private view decks. All rooms are surrounded by nature with a view of the ocean and surrounding valley. The next level hosts a full-floor master bedroom with a large shower, sitting area, and private deck. The master bedroom has direct access to the full-sized swimming pool with a large cantilevered deck.
Casa Peñasco sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Three bedrooms with Queen-sized beds can be found on the floor below the terrace. The master bedroom has a King-sized bed and is comprised of the entire floor beneath them. The spacious lounge includes a flat screen TV with a DVD player and movies for your (website hidden) throughout (7 split type units in all).
Private pool, washer and dryer.
1. The Landlord have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
3. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins.
4. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
5. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
6. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
7. The Tenants shall have no more than 8 (eight) persons reside or sleep on the premises.
8. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises.
9. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
10. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them...
11. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
12. Rental Deposit amount is fully refundable up to 6 (six) weeks prior to the beginning of the rental period. After six weeks prior to the rental period the Landlord shall have the right to retain the initial Rental Deposit at the Landlord' discretion.
13. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
14. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
15. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
16. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
17. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
18. It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenant is further notified to be cautious when exiting the rear of the home as the pool is open and in close proximity to the entry ways and can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool.
19. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
20. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The owners closet is located on the Master bedroom floor.
21. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
22. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be help liable for condition of said (website hidden) and DVD players (North America, Central America) are provided as well as the Landlord’s collection of DVDs for your entertainment. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content.
24. Limited internet access is provided as a convience (via Hotspot of cell phones) only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service. Internet access is for the purpose of checking emails and browsing news.
25. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall be turned off when tenants are not present on the property. Doors and windows shall be closed when air conditioning is in operation.
Booking this place and working with Dan was really easy and went really smooth. The house itself is amazing and if you really want to detach from it all - this is a great place. It is just a short drive to the local beaches and just down in the main city of Huecas you will find some eating places and a supermarket. I would definitely have a rental car here as much of General Costa Rica roads are unpaved and this is off the beaten path. Really enjoyed my stay here -
Nous sommes très satisfait de notre séjour passé dans cette maison. C'est une grande maison luxueuse avec une vue incroyable sur les alentours. Plusieurs plages accessibles à moins de 30 minutes de voiture. Autre services tel qu'épicerie disponible à moins de 12 minutes de la maison. Tranquillité et repos assuré.
About the Host, Dan Thanh
We're a family of five who fell in love with the natural beauty of Costa Rica's parks, wildlife, and beaches! We specifically chose this property within the gated community of Acacia Del Norte for the blissful quiet and closeness to Costa Rican rainforest and wildlife. The location of Casa Penasco on a mountain cliff grants visitors an amazing view of the surrounding valley and ocean. Despite its seeming remoteness, Casa Penasco is just a short drive from many resort towns including Tamarindo, Flamingo, Conchal, and Brasilito! Even closer is the quiet town of Huacas which is steeped in true Costa Rican culture, where the locals are friendly and the food is amazing.