About this listing
- Sanlitun bar/shopping district - 15 min. walk
- 5 supermarkets nearby:
* Jenny Lou's
* Jingkelong General Supermarket
* April Gourmet
* Ole! (level B1, Ginza Mall)
* BHG (level B1, Raffle City)
- 2 malls - Ginza Mall, Raffle City
- Fresh vegetable & fruit market - 5 min. walk
- Very near to several embassies including Canadian, Australian, German, etc.
- Dongzhimen subway station (subway line 2 and line 13) - 7-8min. walk
- Airport express subway line - 10 min. walk
- Bus station right outside north gate - lines (phone number hidden)(phone number hidden)
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
- Free wireless internet
- Professional room cleaning service every 3-4 days
- Full kitchen facilities and appliances including electric stove, microwave, refrigerator, water dispenser, rice cooker, dishes and utensils provided
- Fully automatic washer
- Central A/C & 24-hr. hot water
- lots of various Chinese restaurants small & large
- Pizza Hut - 3 min.
- McDonald's - 7 min.
- Sanlitun Village restaurants - 15 min.
- O'Sheah's Irish Pub - 8 min.
Vera is very nice . The rooms are clear and it's convenient to the subway station . There are some retail stores in this area so u can buy things easily . Really nice trip!
The apartment was clean, tidy, modern, didn't smell of smoke (though it is allowed) and looks exactly like the shown photos. Definitely the place I was looking for. The place is tricky to find, but the location 8 - 10 minutes from the Dongzhimen subway station along a quiet street made our stay very pleasant. From here you can reach many of the interesting spots in Beijing in a reasonable time and we definitely couldn't ask for more.
Unfortunately we didn't hear anything for a long time after our booking was confirmed by the Vera (or Vera's staff) and we only got informed about the address and how to deal with picking up and dropping off the keys to the building two nights before our arrival after several airbnb messages, a text message to her mobile and last but not least a phone call to china. We hope this was the exception to the rule. But as soon as we arrived, the staff around Vera was very helpful and kind.
In the apartment you will also possibly find the brochure for different tours to the great wall and a few other stops, presented on the book shelve. The staff arranged the booking and did a great job to help us. The tour on the other hand was quite a disappointment and I don't recommend to book the tour passing the jade and silk museums and an unscheduled visit to a tea ceremony as all these places consist of 10% guided tour space through the "museum" and 90% shopping space, what a waste of time, no kidding. Plus the extra 130 RMB we were confronted with in the tour bus to pay the chairlift to actually reach the wall in a reasonable time instead of hiking for 45 minutes as time was rather limited at the wall.
So I guess you understand where this is going, apartment great, location great, staff great (if you can reach them), tour terrible.
Good room as in description. Efficient ans friendly service. I'd stay here again
Very pleasant experience... exactly as advertised and I expected. The area is also very convenient and reasonably quiet, short walking distance to Dongzhimen subway and SLT area.
This host has 149 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Vera
I'm Vera, My families and I have some apartments in the same building, We have always had amazing AirBnB experiences and are delighted and excited to become an AirBnB host! We met lovely people through AirBnB and are very happy to finally be able to give back the feeling of warmth and friendliness that we received.
Since I am not be here frequently this year, My familie are hiring some people who can speak English on behalf.
Everyone here is very ethusiasm, respectful and kindly.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions! Welcome to Beijing
God bless you!
Vera & her families