About this listing
A seven bedroom villa with a swimming pool, tennis court and outdoor barbeque hut. The property is close to Lagos and has amazing views over the atlantic ocean and golf greens. Enjoy your holidays here - in a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere.
This villa has 7 double bedrooms and space for up to 14 people. Because this villa is much too big for me I have been renting out individual rooms to many different travellers from all over the world for many years. In this manner this villa has become something of a 'guesthouse', but here everyone has a big shared kitchen to use - there are three kitchens and three living rooms in the villa. There is one bedroom on the ground floor with en ensuite shower, all the other bedrooms share bathrooms (4 people per bathroom maximum).
Around the villa you will find:
Swimming pool & Baby pool
The distances by car are as follows:
Beach 4 minutes
Golf course 4 minutes
Shops 15 minutes
Village Odiaxere 5 minutes
Lagos town 15 minutes
Airport Faro 55 minutes
Westcoast 40 minutes
Waterslide park 25 minutes
Sevilla 2.5 hours
Lisbon 3 hours
THE PRICE / CALENDER
Breakfast is not provided and not included in the price. However, if you are arriving late and would like me to go shopping for you then that's fine I can do this for you.
The price displayed on airbnb is per double bedroom per night. (3 of the bedrooms are large enough for 3 people.)
My calender will often appear fully booked or not available for certain dates: please get in touch with me anyway as sometimes I do still have individual rooms available.
KITCHEN / ROOMS / VIEW
The kitchens have all the necessary amenities. There's wifi and all the other things you might need on your trip.
UP TO 6 PEOPLE
I can also rent out the entire top-floor of the villa which has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen so please ask me for more info if you are interested in renting the whole apartment.
Some of the bedrooms lead directly to a terrace with panoramic sea view.
TENNIS / POOL / GRILLHUT
Next to the villa there's a private tennis court and swimming pool. Let me know if you need private/group tennis lessons! I know a patient, qualified teacher!
There's also a little barbeque hut which seats up to 20 people with a large grill for cooking the fresh fish that you bought in the local market. This is free for everyone to use, just please clean up after yourselves! This place can also be great fun for the young ones in the family.
TRANSPORT / TOWN OF LAGOS
You'll need a car, as we are situated in the countryside, but the coast is a twenty minute walk away across the shrubs and golf course of Palmares Golf. Lagos is the nearest town and it is 10 minutes away. The village of Odiaxere is only 5 minutes away by car: here you will find a market on the weekend. In the historic, picturesque town of Lagos there are excellent restaurants and bars and there's a small zoo too.
In front of the villa is the lagoon, and beyond that the Atlantic. Kite-surfing beginners are welcome to take lessons in the lagoon: in the summer I host a lot of surfers as I work together with the professional water sports teachers at Algarve water sports. On occasion I also organize sunrise and morning Yoga sessions with an excellent local instructor. Depending on how many dancers are around I can also organize Tango Milongas.
THE BEST BEACH OF THE ALGARVE
Meia Praia, a 7 kilometre long beautiful white beach is a 4 minute drive away and the west coast (where there's big waves) is only 45 minutes.
A PERSONAL NOTE FROM ME!
My villa and the surrounding countryside is unique and off the beaten path. I love sports and my property is perfectly suited for sports and nature lovers. In the summertime I enjoy spending time with my guests in the grill-hut where all of us throw meat and fish onto the fire and enjoy the sunset whilst listening to nice music.
Other Things to Note
Bath towels and bed linen is provided.
Here are some rules which come in handy:
- the most important thing for me is that all of my guests feel at home and have a great time so please ask/tell me immediately if something is not working or missing.
- Ask us for the wi-fi code when you arrive. There is only one router in the house and it is not a very fast connectionso please disconnect when you're not using the internet.
- toilets/bathrooms: please dispose of paper, pads and toiletpaper in the bins next to the toilets and not in the toilet!
- towels: please don't take the white towels to the beach, these are only for use at the house. If you don't have your own towel for the beach just ask me and I will give you one.
- laundry: i charge 3 euros per machine. I give you the basket and show you which machine you can use and you get to hang your own laundry up!
- I am flexible with check-in and check-out but sometimes I do require guests to respect exact check-out times. Changes to check-in and check-out will be discussed further in my personal correspondence with you.
- Its great if people party a little bit in the grill-house, but please keep the noise levels down to 'normal' after midnight unless absolutely everyone is there and no-one is trying to sleep....
- Rubbish needs to be brought to the big communal bins that are dotted along the road to Lagos. Everyone should bring away their own rubbish, thank you!
- Things can break, this is not a big problem, please tell me so that I can replace it or fix it in time!
- I have old tennis rackets and oldish tennis balls which you can use. Once you have finished using them please dont leave it all spread out over the tennis court.
- trampoline: please only jump one person at the time (or try to keep to 100 kilos maximum).
- sun umbrellas: don't take the terrace or pool umbrellas to the beach because they might break and blow away. I do have beach umbrellas which have a lighter frame, they are stored in the little hut by the pool, feel free to take these.
- there is a cat and three dogs here. The cat likes to find the best comfortable beds to sleep on. If you have an allergy let me know in advance so that I keep the cat locked out.
Wir hatten eine schöne Zeit in Monte Dos Amores. Die Unterkunft ist gut mit dem Auto zu erreichen. Es ist ruhig und der perfekte Ort um am Pool zu Faulenzen und Entspannen. Tunjes Mutter Isabell gab uns gute Tipps und war sehr hilfsbereit. Zusammen mit tollem Wetter ein guter Ort um seine Ferien zu verbringen.
Die Unterkunft war super. Die Villa ist riesig, sauber, hat einen tollen Pool, eine super Küche zur Selbstverpflegung. Die Lage ist etwas außerhalb von Lagos, aber mit dem Auto super erreichbar und nicht mitten im Getümmel, genau das, was wir wollten.
House, grounds and pool were everything we required to have a superb long weekend. What's important when 12 friends come together from 4 countries is that you can feel at home when travelling. With the special birthday celebrations we were very late and very noisy; thankfully your mum was totally fine with our partying!!!
Me and my girlfriend had an excellent stay, the room was massive and very nice, the kitchen facilities were also excellent.
The view was beautiful from the terrace outside our room and we really appreciated having full use of all the facilities in the grounds. Our host was very accommodating and always willing to help if we had any questions.
Highly recommend staying, the dogs and cat were friendly and it was a great home base.
Wir, meine Frau, ich und unsere beiden (fast) erwachsenen Söhne, hatten einen super Aufenthalt bei Tunje.
Das ist da noch besser, als man es auf den Fotos schon sehen kann. Alles hat gestimmt. Die Lage, die Wohnung und das ganze Drum-Herum.
Da werden es künftige Vermieter schwer haben. Und Tunje ist eine super-freundliche und hilfsbereite Vermieterin. Schade, dass wir wieder abreisen mussten. Wenn wir es schaffen, kommen wir gerne wieder.
Wir hatten einen sehr schönnen Aufenthalt und Glück mit dem Wetter.
Die Angaben im Exposé entsprechen dem, was wir vorgefunden haben.
Die Mutter von Tunje hat uns tolle Tipps gegeben.
Wir wollen gerne wiederkommen.
This host has 57 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews