Near beach in beautiful sunny Poipu, Kauai's South Shore. A new house on 1 acre, in a private community (Poipu Beach Estates) near new shopping center and restaurants. It's a short walk to the beach where you can surf, snorkel, or just relax on the sand in the sun or under the shade of a coconut tree. Other activities may include golfing, hiking, horseback riding, and much more. There are many restaurants nearby and other beaches to explore. Spouting horn and the National Tropical Botanical Gardens are very nearby as well.
If anyone is interested in surf lessons, we can accommodate you with one on one lessons or small groups at a variety of local surf breaks. Transportation, surf board, rash guard, and booties provided with lesson. Ask for scheduling and prices.
We now offer hiking tours of Waimea Canyon and Kokee area!
A great opportunity to see some of the breathtaking back county and vistas some of the most scenic spots on earth. Jack can accommodate small group excursions, or one on one guided trips customized to your ability and time schedule.
Adherence to the following house rules will ensure a safe and peaceful experience for all guests. All guests at Hale Halalu are responsible for abiding by these rules
• Smoking is NOT permitted inside, smoking is permitted on outside. We ask that renters dispose of cigarette butts in a clean and safe manner.
• No unreasonable loud noise.
• No more than 8 guests (including children over 2), and no unauthorized overnight guests are permitted to stay without express permission of owner/manager.
• No pets
• CHECK-IN: Check-In time is after 3:00 PM (or as soon as your rental home has been fully inspected and prepared for your arrival).
• CHECK-OUT: Check-out time is before 11:00 AM. Upon check-out, please leave home in the same condition as when you arrived, Two bags of trash may be left bagged in garage trash cans.
• KEYS: Non-returned keys will incur a $10.00 fee per key. Each reservation will be provided with one set of keys.
• DAMAGE/MISSING ITEMS: All breakage and damage to your rental home during your stay must be reported to manager before your departure so that we may settle the matter as soon as possible. Tenants are responsible for and are expected to assume liability for any damage to the home and its’ contents, other than normal wear and tear, during their occupancy.
• ITEMS LEFT AT RENTAL HOME: Manager will not be responsible for personal items left in the homes at check-out. A minimum $10.00 service charge and mailing costs are required if you request manager to pick up and return these items to you.
• MAID SERVICE: In addition to regular cleaning before and after your stay, we are pleased to offer you the convenience of mid-week cleanings & trash removal during your stay. Our cleaning service cost varies. Call our office for details and arrangements.
• COMPLIMENTARY SERVICES: As a courtesy to our guests, wireless high speed Internet access is available
• TV USAGE: Television station availability will be dependent upon what the owner has established as a basic level of service with the or cable provider. Pay-per-view selections are not available. No adjustments to TV service will be made.
• AREA GROWTH: New construction is a part of Poipu Beach Estates. If your rental home is near new construction, please be understanding. We will attempt to contact the contractor concerning noise, start times, etc., if necessary, but no refunds or moves can be made.
• HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE HOMES: If someone in your party has special requirements, please call manager to see how this home may be best suited for your needs.
• USE OF PROPERTY: Unit may not be used for any activity which violates local, state, or federal laws, , or subdivision restrictions.
• VEHICLES: If more than 2 cars are arriving at the home without express permission of manager.
• No tents are allowed.
• No fireworks or of any kind allowed on vacation home premises.
• No open fires are permitted.
• ENTRY: From time to time, it may be necessary to enter the home during reasonable hours for any purpose connected with the repair, care or management of the property.
• SMOKE DETECTORS: tenants to check smoke detector operation upon arrival and notify manager of any malfunction in writing.
• If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or a "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
• We reserve the right to substitute comparable accommodations without liability should the unit be out of order.
Great place to stay. The house is clean and spacious. You have your own garage, access to a variety of beach amenities and a huge backyard full of birds and roasters! Thanks again for having us!
The reservation was canceled 110 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 58 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We stayed at Hale Halalu for our family vacation in Kauai and had a fabulous time! Jack and Patricia's house is gorgeous, very conveniently located in the South Shore of the island and has lots of privacy. The children had fun playing in the big backyard and we were able to use their beach gear. Jack was very kind to check with us if everything was ok or if we needed anything else during our stay. All in all, we highly recommend their place: Great stay and great hosts!
The 6 of us had a wonderful experience renting out Jack & Patricia's house on Kauai. The layout worked so well for 3 couples. All the beach supplies & bicycles were available for our use. We added the Tommy Bahama chair to their collection, haha! The house is within a short walking distance to a nice beach & a shopping complex if you do not want to drive all the time. Both were always available by phone if we needed anything. We would definitely stay at the house again. Thank you both.
Jack & Patricia's property in Poipu is amazing. It was everything I expected from the profile (great lanai, great view, huge yard, garage, washer/dryer). They even had snorkel gear, bikes, beach chairs and umbrella. The property is great and in walking/biking distance to the beach, restaurants, shops, nearby town Koloa. Jack and Patricia are friendly and helpful. I would absolutely rent their house again and next time I'll bring friends!
We stayed at Jack & Patricias House for one week and it was just what we expected: The house is beautiful and it is close to the beach as well as shops for groceries. We loved to come "home" every day and Jack was a very kind and thoughtful host. We can recommend this house to anyone and we would love to stay here again!
This host has 203 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Jack and Patricia built this home together in 2003 and are your hosts. Jack is a retired firefighter. Patricia loves to garden and ride her bike to the beach. She is a potter and an amazing cook. Jack loves to surf and is an artist.