About this listing
This is a spacious new condo located in the beautiful east side of downtown Salt Lake City, within walking distance from the center of downtown & the convention center. A clean urban setting with the Rocky Mountains as a backdrop.
This is a very roomy new condo located in the beautiful east side of Salt Lake City, within walking distance from the center of downtown. A clean urban setting, yet just down the street from several beautiful canyons.
The house is very roomy with loads of natural light, and is filled with comfortable furnishings and amenities. Everything is high-end, from the granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, to the unique decor collected from around the world. The large, open kitchen is fully equipped with all of the appliances & utensils that you'll need, and it's connected to the spacious living room and dining area. The dining room has a large table and can comfortably seat 4 to 6 people. A garage with an automatic door opener is available for use while you're here. There is a small super-private back yard that you can relax in.
The big attraction for this house is its location. It's quite possibly the perfect location in Salt Lake City. A few blocks to the south is Trolley Square, which is an old brick trolley station that has been converted to a really cool shopping center. A block to the north is the historic avenues section of town, about a mile to the east is the University of Utah campus and a few blocks to the west is downtown Salt Lake City. A bus stop is located right around the corner and it's 2 blocks from the Trax (light rail) station. There is plenty to do while you stay at this house.
Normally the minimum stay is 4 nights. Shorter stays are accepted, but 4 nights will be charged. Even at this rate, we're still a better deal than our competitors with all of their hidden fees. Some conventions and holidays cost more.
Thanskgiving (11/18-11/27) $194, Min 6 nights
Christmas (12/15-1/5) $227, Min 7 nights
Usana Week (8/12-8/18) $194, Min 5 nights
Summer O.R. (7/27-8/4) $340, Min 6 nights
Winter O.R. (1/20-1/26) $340 Min 6 nights
MASTER BEDROOM: Queen-size bed (sleeps 2)
BEDROOM #2: Queen-size bed (sleeps 2)
BEDROOM #2: Full-sized pullout couch (sleeps 2 small people)
*******DISTANCE FROM SKI RESORTS*******
Canyons: 28 min
Park City: 33 min
Solitude: 34 min
Brighton: 38 min
Deer Valley: 39 min
Snowbird: 40 min
Alta: 44 min
Snowbasin: 55 min
Sundance: 70 min
Wolf Mtn: 70 min
Powder Mtn: 80 min
Beaver Mtn: 2.2 hrs
Cherry Peak: 2.3 hrs
Eagle Point: 3.0 hrs
Brian Head: 4.2 hrs
The whole house and the yard are both yours. This is not a duplex and nobody else will be staying there.
Pretty-much everything is provided - linens, towels, soaps, detergents, hair dryer, laundry machine, iron, etc.
Interaction with Guests
We will meet each guest at the property when they arrive and give them a quick tour and answer their questions about the home & the surrounding area.
Located in the beautiful east side of Salt Lake City, within walking distance from the center of downtown. A clean urban setting with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.
There is a bus stop right at the corner of the block this home is on!
BEFORE BOOKING, THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS MUST BE AGREED TO BY GUEST:
These house rules (referred to as the “Agreement”) is binding and is made by and between Wasatch Vacation Homes, Inc. (“Homeowner”) and GUEST (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. The term Homeowner refers to Wasatch Vacation Homes and its agents, Property owners and their successors, assigns, contractors, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise. The term “Guest” applies to the person electronically signing this document and implies responsibility to any actions taken by anyone staying at the property during the time of stay, and extends to their respective representatives, heirs, and successors. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1) PROPERTY: The term “property” refers to the home listed on the third-party listing site and the address of the property cannot be given out before payment has been rendered due to the terms & conditions of the third-party listing site that has been used (the “Property”). This Property is owned or managed by Homeowner.
2) TERM OF THE LEASE: The lease begins at 5:00 p.m. on the date agreed upon by both parties online (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at 11:30 a.m. on the date agreed upon by both parties online (the “Checkout Date”). If Guest needs to change these times because of their flight times, they must check with Homeowner first since other parties might be staying at the property on adjacent dates. If Guest’s stay is cut short for any reason, no refunds will be given unless Homeowner can rent it to another party for the remaining dates. If the term of the lease is extended on the front or back end after this Agreement is signed, payment must be made before the extra night(s) are used by Guest, and may not come out of the damage deposit. Homeowner will usually be able to check Guest in earlier than 5:00 p.m. if coordination is made prior to the Check-in Date, but no guarantee is given for this.
3) CANCELLATION POLICY: If Guest cancels with 30 or more days left before the Check-in Date, a full refund of all money paid (including the damage deposit) will be given to Guest. If Guest cancels with less than 30 days left before the Check-in date, only the damage deposit will be refunded unless the property can be re-rented for the same amount. If only some of the dates are re-rented, a pro-rated amount will be refunded to Guest accordingly. This also applies if Guest checks out early. If the cancellation occurs with less than 30 days left and the Property is not re-rented for those dates, Guest will be responsible to pay any unpaid payments that have not yet been made. Certain times of year require a 60-day notice to cancel, and will be outlined in the online quote.
4) DEPOSITS AND FEES:
•Damage Deposit: A damage deposit will be charged to Guest’s credit card or bank account in the amount listed in the online quote. This will be for damages, excessive cleaning fees, or other costs incurred by the Homeowner, and is not a security deposit to secure a reservation. If Guest makes a reasonable attempt to return the home in the same clean condition that they received it in, a full refund of the damage deposit will be given. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately. A refund of the damage deposit does not release Guest from possible future claims against them for damages, and damages can still be collected after the refund is given. In accordance with Utah law, any damage costs that exceed the deposit amount will still be the responsibility of Guest to pay. If any compensations are made by Homeowner to a third party as a result of Guest’s actions, Guest will be fully responsible to reimburse Homeowner in full for those compensations. The damage deposit and shall be refunded to the credit card or bank account within 30 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i.damage to the property or furnishings;
ii.dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning;
iii.damage to Homeowner’s professional reputation or the ability to conduct business at this property; or
iv.any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
•Cleaning Fee: A one-time cleaning fee will be charged for the Guest’s stay in the amount listed in the online quote. This cleaning fee covers basic cleaning, but does not cover cleaning excessive messes or heavy scrubbing by the cleaning crew. If any additional fees are charged to Homeowner for cleaning after Guest checks out, those fees will be taken out of Guest’s damage deposit.
5) TRAVELERS INSURANCE: Although not mandatory, Homeowner encourages all guests to purchase temporary traveler insurance. Among other things, travelers insurance will allow Guest to get your money back for their flights and accommodations in the case that they cancel their trip. Some traveler insurance policies pay for hospital visits and cover the loss or theft of personal property that occurs during the trip. Many policies will also cover any damages that occur on the rental property as well as any injuries that may take place while on a trip. Since Guest will not be covered by any of Homeowner’s insurance for injuries (regardless of the reason) and Homeowner is, by Utah law, completely indemnified from lawsuits brought by Guests, Homeowner highly recommends that all guests consider temporary traveler insurance. Homeowner does not provide any additional coverage to the travelers insurance, nor imply any coverage whatsoever for damage to property occurring during Guest’s stay. Guest’s signature at the bottom of this document states that they understand this and that they assume full responsibility for any and all damages that occur if they do not choose to purchase third-party renters insurance.
6) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests, including children, allowed onto the property at any time is limited to the number specified on the listing site. This includes any friends that the Guest may have in Salt Lake City, and it refers to adults and children. If additional people stay overnight, an added charge of $25 per person per night will be assessed, and must be agreed to by Homeowner prior to check-in. No parties, gatherings, or events that will bring more than the number shown in the listing (total) onto the property will be allowed unless permission is received from Homeowner in writing ahead of time. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest, both legally and for purposes of damage liability.
7) ACCESS: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair or inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner in accordance with Utah law. Homeowner will give reasonable notice to Guest if they plan on entering the Property. If Homeowner has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person, to the Property, Homeowner may enter the Property without advance notice. Homeowner may exercise this right to enter if it is to turn down lights, heat, or air conditioning if Guest is breaking the rules set forth in Section 8 of this Agreement.
8) RENTAL RULES: Guest agrees to abide by all of the rules listed in the Agreement at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property, and will agree to pay for any damages that occur to the property, even if it is above and beyond the amount of the damage deposit. Failure to follow any rules listed on this Agreement or in the instructions book, which is kept on the property, may result in the immediate dismissal of Guest from the property. The instruction book contains basic instructions about how to operate any of the equipment on the property (i.e. hot tub controls, temperature thermostat, etc.) and contains only good-faith and common sense rules for renters. Dismissal of Guest or any member of Guest’s party will be at the sole discretion of Homeowner, and may be exercised by Homeowner at any time. If Guest’s group consists of people entirely under the age of 40, Guest must get permission from Homeowner before making their first payment. Failure to do this may result in Homeowner refusing to allow access upon Guests arrival. During Guest’s stay, if any of the neighbors complain to the police or the Homeowner of excessive noise, Guest will forfeit their damage deposit and may be asked to leave the property immediately. Guest agrees that if they park any vehicles in the driveway, they will not use their remote entry after sundown if it causes their vehicle’s horn to honk. In accordance with Utah law, any misconduct by Guest which results in the premature dismissal of the Guest at any time will result in the complete forfeiture of the remaining amount of the fees paid by Guest for the stay, and Guest may be held responsible for any physical damages to property beyond that amount. Guest agrees to get permission from Homeowner before allowing any additional people onto the property; Guest simply stating to Homeowner that they know people who live in Salt Lake City does not constitute as permission by Homeowner. Smoking is not allowed inside the house at any time. If Guest smokes outside, they are not to flick their ashes on the ground, but are required to put their ashes in a can and dispose of them in the trash can once they have cooled. If Guest breaks either of these rules, they will forfeit their damage deposit and will be required to pay any cleaning fees in addition to the damage deposit if applicable. The determination of whether or not smoking has taken place is fully at the discretion of Homeowner. With the exception of one or two small lights for security, no lights are to be left on when Guest is out of the house. The fireplace is for decorative purposes only, and will not be operated by the Guest during their stay. Any clogged toilets or pipes on the property will be the responsibility of Guest to unclog before they leave. Guest understands that the video game console does not come with any video games, and is expected to rent video games to use with the console. In accordance with County Ordinance 1361 § 3, 1996, no outdoor commercial hot tubs may have anyone in them past 10 PM, which applies to this and all other vacation homes in Salt Lake County. Guest agrees to pay the $250 fine associated with breaking this law, and may forfeit the remainder of their stay if they do not abide by it. No children under the age of 18 permitted in hot tubs without adult supervision, and no children under the age of 8 are allowed at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility; use at your own risk. Homeowner may drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in the hot tub prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. Do not stand on the hot tub cover or walk around the outside of the hot tub since both will cave in under a person’s weight. When not using the hot tub, Guest agrees to leave the cover on so that the water will stay warm and debris/insects will not get in. If cover is left open and excessive debris gets in, Guest will be responsible for cleaning the hot tub or, if needed, paying for a professional cleaning. Guest agrees to leave the temperature of the hot tub at no higher than 100 degrees while they are not in it. Failure to follow this rule may result in Guest’s forfeiture of the use of the hot tub for the remainder of their stay. Guest understands that there may be trash left in the curbside trash cans from prior guests, and that this may be excessive at times. If this occurs, Guest will do their best to stack their trash in secure trash bags outside of the back door until the curbside trash cans are emptied by the city. Guest understands that there may be unfinished laundry from prior guests, as it is not always possible for Homeowner to finish all laundry between guests’ stays. If Guest has any problems during their stay in regards to the Property, Guest agrees to inform Homeowner, and if Guest fails to, they agree not to leave any negative feedback online in regards to the Property since they did not give Homeowner a chance to remedy the problem. Any ratings of less than 5 stars are considered negative feedback.
9) PETS: No pets are to be brought onto the property without prior approval from Homeowner. This includes pets owned by a third party. The inclusion of this section in the Agreement does not imply permission for pets to be brought onto the property. In the rare instance that permission is granted, it therein shall be limited to only specific pet(s) agreed upon by Homeowner. Guest hereby agrees to comply the following:
a) Guest to pay additional damage deposit of up to $500 per pet. This additional damage deposit will be held in the same manner as the main damage deposit outlined in the Rental Agreement, and will be held against any damages caused by Guest or Guest’s pet.
b) All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest prior to check-in upon request from Homeowner):
i. May not exceed 60 lbs.
ii. Must be at least 2 years of age or older
iii. Must be spayed or neutered
iv. Must be current on all rabies and other vaccinations
c) All pets must be leashed at all times while outside of the house and not in the fenced area.
d) Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. If the cleaning crew has to clean it up and they charge the Homeowner additional fees, it will be taken out of the Guest’s damage deposit.
e) Pets are not allowed on furniture (including beds) at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Pets are not allowed to enter any room that is carpeted at any time for any amount of time. Pets will not be allowed in the hot tub at any time.
f) If any damages are caused by pet, the cost of the damage may be deducted from both of the damage deposits. If Guests tries to hide carpet damages from pets or does not report pets urinating on the carpets, Guest may be required to pay the full amount of replacing the rugs or carpet, up to $7,500.
g) Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. If a neighbor calls the homeowner in regards to excessive noise caused by the pet, Guest will forfeit one or both of their damage deposits.
h) Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended outside of the property or in the yard.
i) Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. Guest agrees to be solely responsible for the pet while on the property, and agree to bring no additional pets onto the property without the prior approval of Homeowner.
j) If Homeowner decides that having the pet on the property is not in the best interest of their company, the home, or the neighbors, they may either ask Guest to leave or require that the pet be kept in a professional animal care facility off of the property. If this happens, pet will not be allowed on the property for the rest of the Guest’s stay.
k) Any injuries that the pet causes to other animals or to people will be the responsibility of the Guest to pay for, regardless of the cause or reason for the injuries.
10) RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION: Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Homeowner shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Homeowner from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorney’s fees incurred by Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold Homeowner harmless in all such cases.
11) RELEASE: Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against Homeowner for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on, near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
12) GENERAL PROVISIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
As the Guest, by my electronic signature I hereby give permission to charge my credit card or bank account for the amounts above. I acknowledge that I am the person who made the inquiry to the Homeowner. I have read and understand all sections of this document and I agree that all money paid may be non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I acknowledge that I am of legal age to enter into a contract agreement within the State of Utah. I have read and understand all of the expectations in this Agreement, and I agree to read the instruction book which is on the rental property premises, and abide by any rules stated in that instruction book. The Property is provided in as-is condition. Homeowner shall use their best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, cable TV, hot tubs, etc. Homeowner shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of any amenities such as grills, decks, hot tubs, etc. may be potentially dangerous and involve risks, particularly with regard to children, and such use is at Guest’s own risk. In the event of a snow or ice storm, Homeowner will make an effort to shovel and apply ice melt to any snow or ice that is on the walkways and driveways of the Property, but this may or may not take place immediately. If the Homeowner has not made it to the Property yet, it is the Guest’s responsibility to make sure that they use the shovel, broom, and/or ice melt kept at the Property to clear a path if they walk outside. I have reviewed Section 9, and I agree to the rules stated within if I bring a pet onto the premises. I agree to not bring any pets onto the property without obtaining permission from the Homeowner, regardless of how short a duration. I understand that some of the houses rented out by Homeowner are privately-owned by third parties, and that those third parties have the legal right to disallow Homeowner from renting their properties at any time. If this happens, Homeowner will make every reasonable attempt to put my party in another one of its properties of equal or greater price, but will not be subject to further penalties or requirements if this does not happen. If guest does not want to accept the alternate home, or Homeowner is unable to relocate Guest to another property, all payments shall be returned to Guest in full, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest and Homeowner shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement. I understand that Homeowner has the right to ask me to leave the property for any reason that they feel is in the best interest of their company, the home, or the neighbors, and that this will not result in any refunds whatsoever unless the Homeowner can rent it to another party in accordance with sections 3 and 8 above. Homeowner may ask me to leave upon arrival if I misrepresent my age or the reason for my stay while making my initial inquiry. I have read and understand my rights to purchase travel insurance. Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not guests of the Guest and included within the number of, and as permitted occupants under, this Agreement. I understand that no vacation home is perfect, and that all vacation homes will have problems that will occasionally arise. I agree not to leave any feedback other than 5 stars with positive details in the wording unless I have informed the Homeowner of the issues that have caused the less-than-5-star review and given the Homeowner a chance to resolve them before the checkout date. I agree to forfeit my entire deposit if I do not do this since I have caused unnecessary damages to the Homeowner’s business. I agree to pay any damage costs above and beyond the amount covered by my damage deposit, and I agree to pay all damage costs if my travel insurance policy fails to pay for the damages, regardless of the reason. I fully understand that I am indemnifying and releasing Homeowner of all wrongdoing in accordance with Paragraphs 10 & 11 above, and that I waive all future rights to claim any fault for personal property damage/loss or personal injuries on Homeowner’s part. I understand that the laws of the State of Utah govern this agreement, and any disagreements between parties will be brought before a court of law in the State of Utah, and will not be settled by arbitration or mediation. I agree to make no changes, either electronic or handwritten, to this document unless both parties fully understand the changes and agree to them in writing, and I understand that no verbal changes to this document will be binding. I understand that any agreements made outside of this contract, whether written or verbal, do not supersede this document, whether they are made before or after this document is signed. The waiver or failure to enforce any breach or provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of that or any other provision in any subsequent breach thereof. The parties agree to the full terms of this Short-Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the electronic signature of Guest, in the form of agreement to the Online Terms on the date processed. Execution of a digital signature shall be deemed a valid and fully-binding signature.
I had a great experience renting with Daniel. I had originally booked this condo but due to some scheduling conflicts, the listing was no longer available so instead Daniel upgraded me to a larger house for the same price that ended up being closer to the mountains. The house is really new so it was slightly hard to find via GPS but Daniel made sure to let me know detailed directions before hand so we had no problems at all. Daniel was excellent about communicating throughout the whole process and made sure we had all the information we needed. Overall, I had a perfect experience and highly recommend staying with Daniel & Wasatch Vacation Homes and plan to do so myself as well.
We had a great experience at the house. Daniel was extremely helpful and accommodating- he met me at the place to walk through the residence and give the keys within an hour of landing at the airport.
A very Nice and practical condo. We stayed there during a Convention. We didn't have time to walk all the way to and from the Convention center, but it was only about $6 dollars to take a cab, and there was also a bus stop just outside. We would love to come back the next time we visit Salt Lake City.
Staying at this convenient and clean 2 bed/2 bath place was a great pleasure. Daniel was very welcoming and hassle free. Commuting from this location to OR was easier with a bus (#2 and #220), bus stop is right in front. Getting a taxi during OR will only give you stress so I highly recommend to use the bus.
Great wholefood store, Sprout, and Rite Aid, just across the street. If you want beer you can get from Chevron gas station, choice is limited.
What a great experience! Was in town for a convention and stayed here with co-workers. It was a short distance to groceries, restaurants, convention center, and other conveniences.
Daniel made checking in completely hassle-free and the condo was a nice and relaxing space.
I would book through Airbnb again.
This host has 83 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Daniel
I'm the owner (and everything else!) of Wasatch Vacation Homes. I'm originally from Wahiawa, Hawaii but moved here to enjoy the Rocky Mountains and everything they have to offer. Before starting up this company, I served on active duty in the United States Army as a captain.
I have several properties along the Wasatch Front Mountain Range, and I specialize in older, exquisitely-renovated single-family homes that are furnished with antiques and high-end furnishings. I also have a few downtown condos & studios. I cater to families, corporate groups, and groups of skiers/mountain bikers. Unlike the big vacation rental companies, I will actually show up to greet you when you arrive and I'll personally be available if you need me.
All of my homes are in and around the Salt Lake City downtown area. I chose this area so that my guests can explore the majestic beauty of the many secluded canyons along the Wasatch & Oquirrh mountain ranges, ski the world-famous Utah ski resorts, or mountain bike the challenging trails of the Uinta Mountains. Whether you are seeking a peaceful retreat, a romantic getaway, or simply need a place to rest between skiing the slopes, staying in a Wasatch Vacation Home will allow you to enjoy your trip without the hassle and high price of a hotel!