About this listing
A delightful garden studio apt in our backyard with plenty of sunshine!
Come stay in our beautiful little garden studio casita located on a tree-lined street walking distance to the amazing downtown Culver City.
Culver City is a charming walking neighborhood featuring some of the best restaurants in LA, Trader Joe’s, unique cafes, world-famous art galleries, intimate lounges, the legendary Kirk Douglas & Actor’s Gang theaters, parks, bike paths and the state-of-the-art Pacific Cinemas... are all just a short walk from your front door.
And it's in the heart of LA. We're near both Sony & Culver Studios and FOX is very close. The legendary Venice Beach is a quick 10 minute drive one direction and Universal Studios is 15 minutes the other. And of course, Disneyland is just 40 minutes away.
Whether you're coming to town for work, a vacation or looking to relocate, our casita is a warm welcome to Los Angeles.
-garden studio (300 sq feet about the size of a hotel room)
-very comfortable queen-size bed
-glasses, plates, flatware, pots & pans
-table for two
-patio in a lush quiet garden
-no closet or wardrobe. (There is an empty chest of drawers and hanging area in the bathroom.)
Please visit our house rules & area guide for more information.
Enjoy our peaceful garden patio space.
Interaction with Guests
While the casita is in our backyard, our guests tend to have very private, comfortable stays.
There is numerous great restaurants, bars and cafés walking distance! There's also a movie theater!
We are walking distance to the train and many buses.
Other Things to Note
Please read all the house rules and details about staying in the casita. Our place is lovely but we are not a hotel.
Our casita sits just steps from our own home so we ask that guests conduct themselves as guests as much as we act as your hosts. We'll try to make your stay as much fun and pleasant as possible. We hope you'll do the same.
- Please, no smoking, pets or production.
- Please check the terms before booking. We're just a family, not a big corporation or even a business.
- We’d love for you to feel like you’re in your own private resort but remember the casita is just steps away from our family home.
- Our check-in times are flexible, depending on everyone’s schedules. But check out is 11am, so we can prepare for our next guest.
- The casita is thoroughly cleaned before each visit, but we do not provide daily housekeeping during your stay.
- Street parking is available; please don't park in our driveway. Warning: There is no parking on the far side of the street on Tuesdays between 8am-noon and the near side on Wednesdays 8am-noon. You will get a ticket.
- The casita is a cozy space. (There is a space to hang your clothes, but no wardrobe or closet.) If you need to store any items that wouldn’t be traditional luggage, we can help you find nearby storage facilities.
- For your safety and comfort as much as ours, if our guests expect any visitors, we ask that they let us know beforehand so no one is surprised by a stranger entering our property.
- Please do not have your mail sent to our address. We can help you arrange for a post box nearby.
- For longer stays we can arrange for the casita to be cleaned for a fee of $30.00, just let us know!
- If guests have any problems with the casita, let us know so that we can help!
The casita features a great little kitchenette with stove top, mini-fridge, toaster oven, microwave, coffee maker, and glasses, plates, flatware, pots & pans. (There is space to hang clothes, but no wardrobe or closet.)
I had a lovely month's stay at La Casita. Teigh and Murphy were very welcoming and attentive to any questions or concerns. The space was clean, fresh and bright. The kitchen had all the amenities for me to cook when I wanted to and Teigh provided me with a blender when I asked if they had one. I loved the shower! It had great water pressure. It was my little spa retreat and respite from the day's activities while visiting my son in Culver city. It was great to come home to the garden and a lovely family. I look forward to coming back and visiting with my new friends.
Teigh and Murphy made us feel super welcome! Teigh was there to greet us upon arrival and the casita was super cute—perfect for our two night stay. It was a great escape but still close enough to Culver City and the Metro Station. We also really liked meeting Colin the dog :).
Beautiful Casita in a really nice part of LA. Murphy & Teigh were great hosts. We loved the week we spent there and can't wait to return.
The casita is the best! I've loved staying here for a month. Teigh and Murphy are extremely nice and accommodating, as are their kids and cutest little dog Colin (always makes you smile). It is wonderful to sit outside and look at the beautiful garden, Buddha, hummingbirds, etc. I've really enjoyed being on a family's gated property; it just feels safe, comfortable, reassuring, positive, and homey. I'd highly suggest the casita for those in town for work and willing to respect this very nice family. You'll have restful sleeps, wifi, privacy, kitchen, outdoor space, fresh air. As everyone else has noted, the neighborhood is great; endless exploration possibilities on foot.
Great place to stay and I would stay here again (stayed for a month). The Gilson family was very welcoming and friendly. Very good location near public transportation and the I-10 freeway. Also, the price was competitive for the market.
The only pain points were needing to do laundry offsite (3 min drive) and the wifi / cell phone reception in the unit could be spotty at times.
Teigh and her family were very friendly and welcoming. Their casita was perfect for my needs. Convenient location on a nice quiet street. As a regular traveller to Culver City, this has been one of my favorite places to stay.
Fabulous stay at the cassita. The hosts were welcoming and provided good suggestions for local eateries. The accommodation was private with a comfortable bed and a great shower. The location is ideal, within easy walking distance to public transit. We loved it.
About the Host, Murphy & Teigh
Hey ya! I'm a dad and a husband and a writer and director and an eater of food. (Well, OK. Most people are at least that last thing.)
We want to make sure you feel welcome and to give you a calm, usually quiet place to call home away from home. We may invite you to have a drink, or enjoy some food, or share a conversation in the garden. But for the most part, we leave you to relax and enjoy your stay.