In celebration of our certification with the National Wildlife Federation as a Certified Wildlife Habitat our Hawaiian name for the property is Ola Malu, a living sanctuary. Our naming defines our intent to keep the land alive and healthy maintaining focus on indigenous habitat and reflects the experiences of our guests.
Join us in keeping with the wild and happy times we share.
~~~~Triple Crown of Surfing 2017 dates now available~~~~
Guest's confirmed reservation constitutes agreement with House Rules.
1. QUIET ENJOYMENT: PARTIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED! No excessive noise after 10 pm. Party constitutes more than 1 guest per renter.
2. NO PETS. Wildlife is plentiful around the property, be careful, wild is wild.
3. NO SMOKING in the home or on the premises. Due to the wood interiors, if smoking is evident a minimum charge of $250 FOR CLEANING CIGARET BUTTS AND SMOKE SMELL FROM THE HOME will be accessed. Also for safety, no candles, incense or tiki torches are allowed.
4. Please No Shoes in the house. In Hawaii the custom is to remove your shoes before entering a home. Please REMOVE ALL SAND before entering, there is a hose on the side of the house near the kitchen door. There will be a minimum $150 charge for excessive sand in the house and showers.
Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Please do not stand on the caning of the BREUER CHAIRS, there is a step stool in the laundry room. There will be a charge for damaged chairs. FURNITURE: Please do not move the indoor furniture as this damages the floors. Please do not use the indoor furniture when wet or sandy. SURFBOARDS/sporting equipment are to be left outside or on the decks.
5. PARKING – Parking is limited to 2 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the UPPER DRIVEWAY AREA ONLY. Please do not drive into the grassy circle area or down to the entry stairs. There is easy access to the entry from the upper area via the stairs and pathway.
6. Housekeeping: Bed linens and bath towels are provided, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do provide beach towels. We do not permit house towels or bed linens to be taken from the house.
7. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.00. Excessive SAND in the showers/plumbing will result in a monetary deduction from the Security.
8. DAMAGE DEPOSIT/CHECK OUT- A security deposit of $1000 is held by AIRBNB. The security deposit is fully refundable provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, parties or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All garbage is bagged placed in outdoor trash cans. Soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. All items removed from refrigerators/freezer.
d. The house is left locked and windows and blinds closed.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check-out unless agreed by owners.
h. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement or the security company employed by the owners.
SECURITY: You are responsible for the contents of the house. Lock doors when you leave. (Generally it is ok to leave the windows and west facing balcony doors open.)
GARBAGE: Please bag all garbage and trash and place in the garbage cans outside.
CHECKOUT: We expect you to leave the house in the same condition as when you arrived.
Please wash or run dishwasher and bag garbage. It may not be possible for someone to come in and clean immediately and we don't want to attract critters. Clean out refrigerator.
9. NO PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY OR FILMING without permission from the owners. We retain all rights to any commercial production produced on the property.
10. The rental of this property is solely the renter's risk and responsibility. Everything has been done as much as can be anticipated to insure the safety and well being of all persons in the house and on the property. There are high balconies, large panes of glass, high rock walls and ledges and a wilderness habitat that guests agree to be aware of. Owners will not be held accountable for injuries, illnesses or personal property damages.
SAFETY: Please observe all posted signs regarding the dangerous surf and shore breaks during the winter months. Do not park or walk under full coconut trees.
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold the owners, managers and employees harmless from and against any claims, suits, damages, costs, illnesses, losses and liability arising from injury to any person or property occurring on or about the premise relating to the rental of this home.
Guest agrees that the occupancy of this rental is for the quantity specified on the AIRBNB reservation. If the Guest decides to increase the quantify of persons staying, the Guest must notify the Owner. There will be $50/night charge for each additional person. The maximum number of occupants allowed is 6. In the event that Guest breaches any of the terms/conditions of this agreement the owner shall be entitled to attorney’s fees and/or damage deposits in any action brought to enforce these terms. Guest agrees to resolve disputes through arbitration. Guest shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the home.
People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
I am a composer/performer/harpist and have performed my works around New York City in such unlikely places as CBGB's (now gone, what a loss!), the old Mother, Arlene's Grocery, Slipper Room, the New York and Philadelphia Fringe Festivals, and more recently at the International Conferences for Deep Listening in Troy, NY. The co-owner, Anthony, is a painter of landscapes and more abstract large works and restores antique motorcycles. He used to build custom bikes in Hawaii and has won some awards. He also built the house.
Hawaii was the perfect antidote to urban living and continues to be so. Many changes are happening on the North Shore and hopefully the area will retain some of its rural qualities. Presently I reside in rural Central Pennsylvania and share my home in Hawaii with the lucky ones.