About this listing
A LOVELY ROOM, A FRIENDLY, ENGLISH SPEAKING HOST, FOND OF ART AND CINEMA, AN ELEGANT AREA, MONUMENTS, PARKS, SHOPS, BAR, RESTAURANTS, CINEMAS CLOSEBY. WHAT'S MORE?
VISIT ALSO MY OTHER TWO LISTINGS:
CHARMING ROOM WITH PRIVATE BATHROOM. The room is large, quiet and bright. It comfortably fits 2.
AIR CONDITIONING (starting from May 2015)
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR CHILDREN
Enjoy the KITCHEN for a RICH BREAKFAST in the morning (from 8am to 10am) and for LIGHT MEALS in the evening (from 5pm and 8pm).
Interaction with Guests
I am a single woman and I work as a screenwriter and movie-director. I have a modern stile of life and am used to share apartments since a long time. I met some of my dearest friends as guests in my house.
I was also a Art History teacher and I have a touristic guide license, so, please, feel free to ask if you need a TOUR GUIDE or just a HELP IN PLANNING YOUR CITY TOURS.
If you stay at least 1 week and you like the idea, I WILL PREPARE FOR YOU… AND WITH YOUR HELP… A TRADITIONAL ITALIAN DISH, teaching you how you can prepare home made pasta.
Nearby, you can visit VILLA ADA PARK, the MEDIEVAL CHURCH OF SANT'AGNESE, the ROMAN MAUSOLEUM OF COSTANZA and the CATACOMBS OF PRISCILLA, with rare frescos. If you stay at least a week, I will offer A FREE GUIDED TOUR to these marvelous sites.
Excellent restaurants, pizzerias, pubs, cafes, cinemas are waiting for you, at a walking distance.
If you like to go shopping, in Viale Libia you can find any sort of shops.
If you prefer to cook in my kitchen, nearby you can find many supermarkets and many other grocery shops.
In your room you will find a GUIDE with the addresses.
My house is very well connected by PUBLIC TRANSPORT to any area of the city
OUR MEETING POINT is METRO B1 LIBIA STOP. You have 2 options for reaching it:
FROM FIUMICINO AIRPORT
you take a direct train (€ 8) to the NOMENTANA STATION, (direction ORTE or FARA SABINA). When you get off at Nomentana station (after about 50 minutes), go to viale ETIOPIA/piazza ADDIS ABEBA, then go, walking, to Viale Libia and reach METRO B1 LIBIA STOP.
FROM FIUMICINO AIRPORT and from CIAMPINO AIRPORT
you take a direct train or a bus to TERMINI STATION (about 40 minutes). From there take the METRO B1 (DIRECTION IONIO) and get off at LIBIA STOP (7 minutes).
PLEASE, TELL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THE NAME OF THE AIRPORT AND THE HOUR OF YOUR LANDING.
When you arrive at METRO B1 LIBIA STOP, send me a message and I will be there in 5 minutes walking. Please, wait for me in the quite small garden with roses, which is on the back of the station.
My house has 2 entrances: one in via Casperia 30, one in via Rocca Sinibalda 37. Flat number 3/JANIGRO.
If you come BY CAR, you can use my parking place in the my garage.
My house is very well connected by PUBLIC TRANSPORT to any area of the city.
Other Things to Note
- If you come BY CAR, you can use my parking place in the garage.
- Due to my work, I can occasionally be away from Rome for a few days. In this case my sister Maria Pia will take my place at home and welcome you, being happy to take care of you. Maria Pia is a very kind, friendly and considerate person; she speaks little English but is very communicative. Anyway, if you need or you like, you can get in touch with me in any moment.
I ask you, please, to:
- read my advert in its totality
- use always Airbnb or my mobile for your messages, to make sure that I read them right away (I don't open my private email every day).
- send me, as soon as possible, the information regarding the time of your arrival, airport's name, any delays etc.
- arrive no later than midnight.
- respect the time of the breakfast (8am/10am) and of the evening light meals, if you use the kitchen (5pm/8pm).
- take care of the keys. For safety reasons, do not carry with you my home address while visiting Rome
- double-lock the door when you go out, and, at night, when you return.
- carefully guard your money and your goods in general, because I do not assume responsibility in case of theft or loss.
- Once you are at the METRO B1 LIBIA station, send me a text message; I'll join you there in minutes.
- In the room you will find a useful list of PLACES THAT YOU CAN REACH IN 10 MINUTES WALKING from my house: monuments, restaurants, bars, pubs, supermarkets, cinemas, bookshops, newsagents, tobacconists, pharmacies, hospitals, taxis, etc.
- If you like, I will be happy to give you tips on secret and fantastic spots in Rome and around Rome
- I'm at your disposal if you need a professional tour guide
- You will receive the house keys; please, for safety reasons, don't take my address with you while visiting Rome
- you can return at any time, day or night
- You can get in touch with me at all times if you need or you like
- I have confidence in good education of my guests and the experience, so far, has proved that I was right.
I am a single woman who works as a scriptwriter and movie director. I shot my movies in the North Europe, so I can speak English. I also have been for years an Art History teacher in public high schools. Recently I've got a tourist guide licence too, so I can help guests to discover the Roman most secret beauties. Memories are important to me but my mind and my eyes are focused on our world's future, and I suppose that's why I seem... or at least I feel... younger than I am. I am used to share apartments since I was young, being very respectful of people living with me and doing my best to let them feel at home. I have to say that a lovely way of travelling to me is to meet people coming from different countries and different cultures… while I'm resting on my own divan! Because I'm quite afraid to fly but I do love differences.