About this listing
A ROOM IN THE CENTER, A FRIENDLY, ENGLISH SPEAKING HOST, A VIEW ON ITALIAN WAY OF LIFE. MONUMENTS, PARKS, SHOPS, BAR, RESTAURANTS, CINEMAS CLOSEBY. WHAT'S MORE?
VISIT ALSO MY OTHER TWO LISTINGS:
CHARMING ROOM WITH PRIVATE BATHROOM. The room is large, quiet and bright. It comfortably fits 2.
AIR CONDITIONING (starting from May 2015)
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR CHILDREN
Enjoy the KITCHEN for a RICH BREAKFAST in the morning (from 8am to 10am) and for LIGHT MEALS in the evening (from 5pm and 8pm).
Interaction with Guests
I am a single woman and I work as a screenwriter and movie-director. I have a modern stile of life and am used to share apartments since a long time. I met some of my dearest friends as guests in my house.
I was also a Art History teacher and I have a touristic guide license, so, please, feel free to ask if you need a TOUR GUIDE or just a HELP IN PLANNING YOUR CITY TOURS.
If you stay at least 1 week and you like the idea, I WILL PREPARE FOR YOU… AND WITH YOUR HELP… A TRADITIONAL ITALIAN DISH, teaching you how you can prepare home made pasta.
Closeby, you can visit VILLA ADA PARK, the MEDIEVAL CHURCH OF SANT'AGNESE, the ROMAN MAUSOLEUM OF COSTANZA and the CATACOMBS OF PRISCILLA, with rare frescos. If you stay at least a week, I will offer A FREE GUIDED TOUR to these marvelous sites.
Excellent restaurants, pizzerias, pubs, cafes, cinemas are waiting for you, at a walking distance.
If you like to go shopping, in Viale Libia you can find any sort of shops.
If you prefer to cook in my kitchen, nearby you can find many supermarkets and many other grocery shops.
In your room you will find a GUIDE with the addresses.
You have 2 OPTIONS for reaching my house FROM THE AIRPORT.
- 1° OPTION: FROM FIUMICINO AIRPORT you take a direct train (€ 8) to the NOMENTANA STATION, final destination ORTE or FARA SABINA. When you get off Nomentana station (after about 50 minutes), go to viale ETIOPIA/piazza ADDIS ABEBA, then go, walking, to VIALE LIBIA and reach METRO B1 LIBIA STOP.
- 2° OPTION: from FIUMICINO AIRPORT and from CIAMPINO AIRPORT you take a direct train or a bus to TERMINI STATION (about 40 minutes). From there take the METRO B1 (final destination IONIO) and get off at LIBIA STOP (7 minutes).
If you come BY CAR, you can use my garage.
My house is very well connected by PUBLIC TRANSPORT.
Other Things to Note
You can VISIT MY OTHER TWO LISTINGS:
I offer a rich BREAKFAST.
In this room there is the AIR CONDITIONING (starting from May 2015)
At a favorable price:
- I can be your TOURISTIC GUIDE for visiting the city
- I can TEACH YOU ITALIAN LANGUAGE
Being a professional screenwriter, I usually work at home. However it can happen that I leave Rome for short periods for business meetings. In this case, my sister Maria Pia will welcome you. She speaks just a basic English, but is very kind and caring. Anyway I will be always in touch with you if you like or need it.
ABOUT YOUR BEHAVIOR: please be so kind as to:
- read my ad completely;
- use always Airbnb for your messages (I don't check my personal email every day);
- send me a message with all the useful info about your arrival (arrival's time, airport etc) as soon as possible;
- provide a map of the area;
- have a smart-phone or an Italian mobile with you at the time of your arrival;
- if you arrive directly to my house, look for my apartment: number 3/JANIGRO. Please DON'T RING TO OTHER APARTMENTS;
- take care of the keys I will give you and double lock the door every time you go out and when you come in during the night;
- take care of your money and other values, because of I don't feel responsible for them;
- don't lead other people in the house;
- don't smoke in the house;
- don't bring pets with you;
- give me a photocopy of your personal documents.
ABOUT MY BEHAVIOR:
- at your arrival, I'll meet you at the METRO B1 LIBIA STATION.
- I'll give you a useful list of PLACES THAT ARE AT A WALKING DISTANCE (MAX 10 MINUTES): the best restaurants in the area, the best cafes, pastry shop, bakeries and pubs, the supermarkets, the fresh vegetable market, the biological supermarket, other grocery stores, the cinemas, the book shops, the tobacconists, the newspaper sellers, the pharmacies, the hospital, the taxi phone number, etc.
- I'll give you the house keys, so you can come back when you like, by day and by night.
- I will respect always your privacy.
- I will help you in planning your city tour, if you need it
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I have confidence in my guests' good manners. So far, experience has given me reason.
My flight was delayed 2 hours and Angiola was kind enough to wait up for me even though I already had a late check in. When I arrived, I was immediately served a refreshment to help cool off from the hot walk over from the train station. I was then given some advice as to how to spend my short stay, and given an incredible dinner recommendation nearby. I would absolutely stay again!
This location afforded easy access to the metro and made going out simple. Our host was wonderful, she is so nice and readily shared her knowledge of the best places to visit.
This was the perfect place to stay in Rome :)
The apartment is close to the metro station which is really convenient to explore Rome. Besides, Angiola was a lovely host and was very helpful in giving information for our visit.
Room was nice with air conditioning system, and nice flat overall.
Definitely recommend this room!
This was the perfect place to stay in Rome. The apartment is close to the metro station that you can take to the center of Rome and explore. Angiola was a lovely host and was very helpful in giving information for my visit. She even helped me to order the coffee I like in itallian. Room was nice and the toilet and kitchen were great. Definitely reccommend anyone wanting to stay in Rome.
Angiola was very friendly to welcome us in Rome. Really nice to have the experience living in the residential place. And she also gave us useful touristic infos abt Rome.
The place was nice and cozy. It was also nice to have a private bathroom. The location is a bit far from the heart of the tourist attractions in Rome, but I kinda liked the fact that it was very quiet and removed from all the tourist craziness. Angiola was also very nice and helped us with any questions we had.
Thank you, Koun Han, for your kind words!
I hope that you don't mind if I tell you something about "the heart" of Rome. This expression refers to the area of Rome inside the ancient Roman city walls built by the emperor Aureliano in the THIRD CENTURY AFTER CHRIST; just to give you an example: if you take the metro at the Libya station (from my house you reach it in 4 minutes walking!) and you get off at Termini rail station AFTER 7 MINUTES on the train, you are already in the heart of Rome; to be more precise,ancient walls that you see on the left side of Termini station are even older than Aurelian walls because they were built in the SIXTH CENTURY BEFORE CHRIST by the King of Rome Tarquinio Prisco. Major monuments are around Termini station, but I have to say that at least 3 of the major Roman monuments are at a walking distance from my house, because I live in a historic ancient neighborhood. The idea that the only major touristic attractions in Rome are only between the Colosseum and the Vatican is only in the head of the tour operators, who are often ignorant, narrow-minded people, only focused on getting money in the easiest way.
Angiola was really nice and came to meet us at the station. The neighbourhood is peaceful and quiet. It's close to a metro station and buses. The room we stayed at had a separate private bathroom (not ensuite) that was quite spacious. The room is simple but clean and there was no air conditioning, but the temperature was cool enough without it during the night. Breakfast included toast and jam, yoghurt, fruit and cereal with tea or coffee. It was very nicely laid out. There is an elevator for heavy luggage (important for 2 girls).
This host has 211 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Angiola
I am a single woman who works as a scriptwriter and movie director. I shot my movies in the North Europe, so I can speak English. I also have been for years an Art History teacher in public high schools. Recently I’ve got a tourist guide licence too, so I can help guests to discover the Roman most secret beauties. Memories are important to me but my mind and my eyes are focused on our world's future, and I suppose that's why I seem... or at least I feel... younger than I am. I am used to share apartments since I was young, being very respectful of people living with me and doing my best to let them feel at home. I have to say that a lovely way of travelling to me is to meet people coming from different countries and different cultures… while I'm resting on my own divan! Because I'm quite afraid to fly but I do love differences.