THE COMFORT OF A HOTEL, THE WARMTH OF A HOME, 12 MINUTES FROM THE COLOSSEUM! BEING STILL IN THE VERY CENTER OF ROME, YOU ARE WELCOME AS A FRIEND IN A COZY HOUSE, SURROUNDED BY THE PARKS OF A LOVELY, RELAXING, RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD.
In the elegant area where I live, you can enjoy different aspects of Rome in the same time: terrific ancient monuments, beautiful parks all around, and shopping roads: you can choose according to your mood and your needs. You can spend hours to discover nearby hidden amazing spots and feel living emotions, which will not abandon you, walking in the pure, serene air of the neighborhood. When you come back home, thrilled and exhausted, you will find the warm, cozy atmosphere of my home, where every object has a past, while I'm enthusiastically open to the future and to my guests, let’s say my likely new friends, coming from so far away bringing with them the richness of their different cultures and their personal experiences.
In my large apartment I have 3 sunny, quiet, large, breezy and comfortable rooms for my guests:
- the room A, with a private bathroom. It's a double room, that comfortably fits 2, but I can put an additional single bed if you need it.
- the room B, the largest one, with a double bed, plus a single one. The room has a eat-in balcony, where, if weather allows, you can enjoy the breakfast or a romantic dinner. You will share a large bathroom plus a smaller one.
- the room C, where currently my brother Michelangelo is living, but that will be available again in few months. By the way, Michelangelo is a painter and you can see some of his paintings in my house.
The room rates are different so I suggest you to watch ALL MY LISTINGS.
The listing you are visiting now is the ROOM A.
TO SEE THE ROOM B AND C search "ROMA VIA CASPERIA."
- DIFFERENT ROOMS, DIFFERENT PRICES
- DIFFERENT MONTHS, DIFFERENT PRICES
- LOWER PRICES IF YOU STAY MORE THAN SIX NIGHTS
- SPECIAL OFFERS FOR "LAST MINUTES" BOOKING
- CHILDREN UNDER 9 YEARS DO NOT PAY.
You have access to the kitchen for a rich continental breakfast in the morning and for light meals in the evening. If you stay more than 2 or 3 days, and you like the idea, I WILL PREPARE FOR YOU A TRADITIONAL ITALIAN DISCH, teaching to you how you can prepare home made pasta. Have a dinner together will help us to know each other better.
You can also have access to my library, where you can find touristic guides, art books, novels etc.
I am a single woman and I work as a screenwriter and movie-director. I have a modern stile of life and am used to share apartments since a long time. I met some of my dearest friends as guests in my house. I welcome my guests amicably and I enjoy if they feel at home
As a professional screenwriter, I usually work at home. However it can happen that I leave Rome for short periods for business meetings. In this case, my sister Maria Pia will welcome you. She will live in my house and will take care of you. She speaks just a basic English, but she is very kind and caring. Anyway I will be always in touch with you if you like or need it.
When I am at home, I am at your disposal if you need useful info or to use my computer or if you have to solve small domestic problems.
I was also a Art History teacher and I have a touristic guide license, so, please, feel free to ask me if you need help in planning your city tours, helping my guests to discover the most beautiful and secret Roman spots. In the same time, you can be sure that I will respect your privacy.
As I told you already, I'll be glad to have a dinner together and let you discover some secrets of Italian cooking.
In the immediate neighborhood of my home you can visit Villa Ada, which is a huge, splendid park, and great monuments as the medieval church of Sant’Agnese, the Mausoleum of Costanza and the catacombs of Priscilla, with rare examples of ancient Roman paintings. To the guests who will stay for at least a week, I will offer A FREE GUIDED TOUR to these marvelous sites.
Excellent restaurants, pizzerias, pubs, cafes, cinemas, are waiting for you in the evening, at a walking distance. If you like to cook in my kitchen, you can find, nearby, many supermarkets, a huge fresh food market and many other grocery shops.
If you like to go shopping, in Viale Libia you can find any sort of shops and elegant boutique.
HOW TO GET TO MY HOUSE when you arrive to Rome:
From LEONARDO DA VINCI/FIUMICINO airport you can:
- take the train (final destination Orte or Fara Sabina) and get off at NOMENTANA train station after about 50 minutes. If you send me a sms 10 minutes before your arrival and if it is not too late in the evening, I can come and pick you up… walking… at the exit on VIALE ETIOPIA/PIAZZA ADDIS ABEBA.
- take the express train to TERMINI STATION. You arrive to Termini in about 30 minutes. From Termini you take the METRO B1 (final destination Conca D'Oro) get off at LIBIA STATION, after about 7 minutes. If you send me a sms 10 minutes before your arrival and if it is not too late in the evening, I can come and pick you up… walking… at the exit on VIALE LIBIA.
From CIAMPINO airport, you can take a TRAIN or a BUS to TERMINI station. You arrive to Termini in about 40 minutes. From Termini you take the METRO B1 (final destination Conca D'Oro) and get off at LIBIA STATION, after about 7 minutes. If you send me a sms 10 minutes before your arrival and if it is not too late in the evening, I can come and pick you up… walking… at the exit on VIALE LIBIA.
From TERMINI station you take the METRO B1(final destination Conca D'Oro) and get off at LIBIA STATION, after about 7 minutes. If you send me a sms 10 minutes before your arrival and if it is not too late in the evening, I can come and pick you up… walking… at the exit on VIALE LIBIA.
From TIBURTINA train station, take the METRO (final destination Laurentina) and get off to the following stop: BOLOGNA. From there you change the line, take the METRO B1 (final destination Conca D'Oro) and get off at LIBIA station, the second stop. If you send me a sms 10 minutes before your arrival and if it is not too late in the evening, I can come and pick you up… walking… at the exit on VIALE LIBIA.
If you arrive BY CAR, you can park it in my GARAGE.
HOW TO MOVE IN THE CITY FROM MY PLACE
A little rest and you are ready for enjoying Rome!
In the morning a rich breakfast, then few minutes by metro and you are in the very historic center.
The LIBIA METRO B1 STATION is at a WALKING DISTANCE (4 MINUTES) from my place. From there you reach:
- in 7 minutes: TERMINI STATION. The main train station of the city, in the heart of Rome. From this station you can reach, by bus or by train, CIAMPINO AIRPORT
- in 10 minutes: TIBURTINA TRAIN STATION
- in 12 minutes: the COLOSSEUM and all the archeological area of Rome. From there you can visit all the RENAISSANCE AND BAROQUE monuments, just walking along the old, picturesque, magnificent Roman streets.
- in 15 minutes: the OSTIENSE TRAIN STATION AND the PIRAMIDE METRO B STATION. From Piramide you can reach OSTIA ANTICA and OSTIA BEACH in HALF AN HOUR.
- in 25 minutes: the VATICAN
In VIALE LIBIA, close to Libia station, you find also several BUSSES to the historic center. You can find other busses in PIAZZA VESCOVIO, close to VIA CASPERIA.
In VIALE ETIOPIA/PIAZZA ADDIS ABEBA, 5 minutes walking from METRO LIBIA STATION, there is the NOMENTANA TRAIN STATION. From this station you can reach LEONARDO DA VINCI/FIUMICINO AIRPORT in 50 MINUTES.
In short, from my place you are very easily connected to any area of the city, by metro, busses and trains.
At a favorable price, if you stay longer than one week:
- I can be your TOURISTIC GUIDE for visiting the city
- I can TEACH YOU ITALIAN
- My brother Michelangelo, who is a painter, can PAINT YOUR PORTRAIT
- Michelangelo is also a great cook and can teach you the basic procedures of ITALIAN COUSINE
Angiolas home felt like our second home. She helped us when we needed advice and local knowledge but was not intrusive on our privacy. Her home cooked meal was a lovely touch and gave us a chance to know more about life in rome as well as the other guests. My pasta making skills have improved although not quite up to angiolas standard yet. We would recommend staying here, all was clean and tidy, water hot and good location.
Exactly what I was expecting. Bed was comfortable and our host very friendly and informative. 5 mins from the metro. Great value for money. Next time I go to Rome I will stay here again.
Angiola's home was a restful, welcoming base for our few days in Roma. It is situated in one of the inner suburbs of Roma, accessible to all places via the Metro and buses. At the end of a day of exploring, amidst other tourists, it was perfect to get away and feel like we were returning home.
Angiola knows and loves her city and we felt privileged to be in her home, in her company, learning from her insights about life in Roma and things of interest and beauty. She was quickly aware of our interests and helped us get there.
She picked us up from the Metro on our arrival - that was very generous. She helped us find a great film we went to see and gave us lots of information about what was available - also very generous. She gave us her time for interesting conversations and exchanges. When we really needed to eat a home-cooked dinner, she encouraged us to use the kitchen.
Our heart-felt appreciation for all that you gave us.
Jackie and Hazel
My husband, baby, and I loved staying with Angiola who was helpful, friendly, and very welcoming. The accommodation was clean and comfortable.
The neighborhood and apartment were perfect for traveling with children for the following reasons:
1. It was very safe.
2. It is only a few blocks from the metro which was able to take us everywhere we wanted to go.
3. There was a park only about a 5 minute walk from the apartment with playground equipment for both younger and older children.
4. The apartment was in walking distance to plenty of food options that allowed us to bring delicious meals to enjoy back at the apartment. Our favorite was Le Bon Boulanger. The apartment was also walking distance to food stores and Angiola welcomed us to cook in the kitchen as often as we liked.
Overall, we loved staying with Angiola and would recommend this apartment to anyone.
Angiola es una magnífica anfitriona, atenta y servicial. Es culta y bien informada. Ofrece sugerencias acertadas. Vive en un sector de la ciudad residencial, muy tranquilo. Está ubicado a 15 minutos de Termini. El Metro de Roma es fácil de dominar, de modo que es sencillo llegar a la estación cercana al píso. Su piso, la habitación y el baño son muy amplios. y limpios. La recomiendo sin ninguna duda.
We found ourselves very lucky that we could stay in Angiola's place for this Christmas in Rome.
First of all, our flight was being delayed for two and a half hours, I was certainly got no mobile and internet access and was not able to contact Angiola. But she's been waiting for us till very late, which we were so sorry for that.
While, the apartment is located in a safe area with many local residents there. However, you can find good deli, cheap restaurants and supermarkets and shops nearby.
The apartment itself is a contemporary classic one, with artistic atmosphere. I and my hubby love it very much. The room, kitchen and bathroom were very clean, warm and spacious. We (2 adults and 1 child) found that the room size is perfect.
Well, Angiola treats real breakfasts every morning. She is a very nice host that she would help you to search and find the places where you could go (as many things shut during Christmas). It's warm, you can feel it. Highly recommend!
Good place to stay. Good restaurant almost around the corner. It was very easy to use public transport or make a walk in the parcs. Angiola was very helpful.
Angiola's place was very clean and easy to reach with the subway, the communication has been very efficient all along the booking and during my stay, I would definitely stay there again, many thanks
Angiola's place was lovely, as is she! I had a very nice time in Rome and it was wonderful to have a relaxing, comfortable place to come home to at the end of the day. The room was comfortable and exactly what I expected and the bathroom was very large and modern. The bed could be a bit more comfortable, but it was nothing to quibble over after a long, exhausting day of sightseeing. The location, a short walk from the metro, I found to be very convenient and safe in the early hours of the night. I was a bit unsure at first, but there is truly nothing to fear.
Even though Angiola could not be there when I arrived, her sister greeted me and we worked our way through initial details in my extremely limited Italian. Angiola put up with my desire to use what little Italian I know and I appreciated that immensely! She was also kind enough to schedule a taxi pick-up for me.
Breakfast was a real treat and a great way to start the day--it was especially nice to mingle with the other guests.
This was my second time staying at Angiola's place and it was even better because I got to know the city center and the neighborhood more. The bedroom and the private bathroom are exactly what I needed for a weeklong stay in Rome. Angiola's helpful with whatever questions I may have. Coming home to the apartment after a day of sightseeing was like coming home to my own place. Grazie Mille Angiola.