About this listing
A spacious own bedroom in an inner city apartment close to all that is wonderful in Sydney: the Harbour, Opera House, Botanical Gardens, Cafés, Bars, Bondi Beach and more!
The guest bedroom is a great space designed to make you feel comfortable with the amenities you generally find in a hotel room.
The room is bright and airy with enough space for privacy without feeling closeted.
Between 23 January 2016 and 16 February 2016 this place will be available for exclusive use.
In the bedroom you will find:
* Comfortable Queen Size Bed
* Built-in wardrobe with hanging and space for folded clothes and mirror doors
* Iron and ironing board
* 27" LED TV
* Table and chairs for your use
* Spare bedding and sheets
* Fetch TV (TV on demand) with a variety of free movies and TV shows at your disposal / streamed through the internet.
The bathroom isn't huge but it is workable. A hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner and liquid soap will be supplied for your use.
The kitchen is a great size and completely functional. You'll find pots and frying pans, a jug and toaster, a range of utensils etc.
Milk, instant coffee and tea is all there for your use.
From 23 January 2016, we will have a spare room available in our new place. Please message me for details if this place is booked for your desired dates. All the above amenities will also be available, including
a washer and dryer for your use, as well as laundry detergents (in the new place only unfortunately).
Interaction with Guests
This place will be available for exclusive use (except possibly the weekend beginning 29 January 2016).
My partner (also named James but goes by his middle name, Kepa - he's from Hawaii) and I live in our new place (where a room may also be available - get in touch for details), so we will most likely be present there during your stay. We love interacting with people and those staying with me will be no different. The level of interaction is at your discretion. We also want to make sure we are respecting your privacy. This is your holiday after all!
However, if we're sitting and having a glass of wine, or cooking breakfast on a weekend, you are more than welcome to join. In saying that, there are a lot of our favourite cafés around here... so we may want to show you around for a Sunday brunch so you can see what the real Sydney has to offer (some places only locals know about!)
Elizabeth Bay (especially where the exclusive apartment is situated) is right in the middle of everything:
* 2 min walk North and you are near the water.
* Right next door is Potts Point: of a night it has trendy restaurants and bars and of a day time there are even trendier cafés and shops.
* 15 min walk South and you hit the just as famous Oxford Street (bars, shopping etc.) and head a further 5 min north-west and you hit the Surry Hills restaurant scene.
* Jump on a train just 5 min walk away and in 10 minutes you are at Bondi Junction (or catch a bus nearby and you will be taken straight to Bondi Beach).
* Take a 20 min walk towards the CBD and you are in Hyde Park and then it is just another 15 min walk North of there and you are in Circular Quay, overlooking the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
* 5 min walk out the door and you are at the famous Kings Cross Coke Sign - right next to the even more famous clubbing district.
Basically, you are in the heart of it all!
The other apartment with the private room is in Surry Hills. Even closer to everything! Get in touch for more details.
Coming from the airport, you have the option of getting a train or Taxi. The most convenient would be Taxi. The cheapest however ($16pp each way) would be train. You will need to get the train to Kings Cross and change at Central station. Then it is a short walk from Kings Cross station where I can meet you and walk you to my place.
Trains, buses, Uber and taxis are extremely close and readily available. Let me know where you intend on going and I will assist you in finding the best mode of transport. If locally however, I prefer to walk! It really is a lovely area.
While you can find parking on the street, it is time limited during daytime hours.
If you have a GoGet membership however, there are plenty of cars available on our street.
The other place is a 5min walk from either Central or Museum Stations (both accessible from the Airport line).
Other Things to Note
We have unlimited WIFI internet available throughout both apartments and the password will be supplied on arrival.
Access to the building at the exclusive apartment is via a security door. Upon check-in I will be more than happy to meet you to hand over the spare keys and show you the way.
The two major rules we have are that unfortunately, we can't take pets.
Secondly, we ask that you smoke outside.