About this listing
Our home is a constant work in progress when it comes to interior design. We are passionate about making it more beautiful and comfortable. Please follow up with the photos and description to see what's new.
Beautifully furnished duplex loft with one mezzanine bedroom, fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, coffee maker, juicer, blender, etc) and bathroom w/ shower, 12' ceilings, wall window with view of the Manhattan skyline, exposed brick wall and hardwood floors. The loft has AC and heater installed, both available depending on the season.
Loft is located on the 3rd floor of a quite, well-kept building in the heart of hip Morgantown, 2 blocks away from Morgan Ave L train stop (15 min to Union square), next door to Brooklyn's Natural organic food store, Swallow coffeeshop, Momo japanese tapas, Shinobi ramen, and famous Roberta's Pizza. (please check the Guidebook to see all places of interest in the area) Building has laundry on site, intercom, and 24 hours access to rooftop with spectacular Manhattan views. NB: There is no elevator in the building so plan accordingly
Newly renovated, cozy yet very spacious (luxury in NY!), furnished with modern design pieces and filled with natural light.
UPD of 2016 (for those who have our place saved in their Favorites for some time): We have a beautiful baby boy now sharing our home with us, so loft has been mildly modified to become more kids friendly. While we try to keep baby-related items to the minimum, they are definitely present and they do take some space.
NB: The height of the ceiling in both bedrooms is 5'8. Tall people please be aware! *)
Rent includes high-speed wireless, AC, heater. There is no TV/cable. You are welcome to use wireless printer and scanner but desktop computer (pictured) is not provided.
Please keep in mind that this is not a hotel so there is no service included in your rental. We do provide the basics you might need for the stay (bed linens, towels, toilet paper, hand soap, shower necessities, kitchen condiments, etc.) but depending on the length of your stay you might need to do your own laundry, cleaning, and/or supplies re-stocking. Also, please be respectful toward the premises and follow up check-out procedure (which you will find in the welcoming booklet in the loft, as well as we can email it to you for your conveniency)
PLEASE CHECK THE CALENDAR BEFORE CONTACTING ABOUT AVAILABILITY, we keep it up-to-date! we also appreciate you telling us a little bit about yourself and purpose of your trip.
The loft will be fully yours so you can feel here at home. There is 24/7 roof access, as well as laundry room in the basement of the building.
Interaction with Guests
We are always available to answer your questions and help, be that over the phone, or email, or message system on Airbnb.
East Williamsburg/Bushwick is a hip artists' neighborhood of Brooklyn filled with galleries, studios, street art, boutiques, restaurants and cafes, yet it's quiet and non-commercial so you can get rest from the buzz of the city and experience how real New-Yorkers live.
There L train Morgan stop located 2 blocks away from our building.
Other Things to Note
2015 UPD: We have a baby now! With his arrival in May 2015 our loft has changed accordingly. While we try not to cluster our space with baby stuff, some of it (beautifully designed, of course) is naturally present at the loft. We hope it makes our home even more cozy and warm.
1. Sublessees will use the premises for residential purposes only; will not conduct any business in or from their premises; will obey all laws, ordinances, and health regulations; and will do nothing that may injure the reputation or condition of the building or its owner. Solicitation of any kind, by guests or Sublessees, is prohibited at all times.
2. Sublessees will not do anything or keep anything in or about the premises that in any way will increase the risk of fire or that may conflict with fire or insurance regulations.
3. Sublessees shall respect the rights of all other occupants of the building to peace and quiet and will not disturb any of them unreasonably by shouting or other loud use of his or her voice, with noise, music, radios and televisions, odor, or in any other way. All abusive, disorderly, violent, or harassing conduct by a Tenant, including but not limited to abusive and/or foul language, sexually explicit comments toward Sublessees, occupants, or management is prohibited and is grounds for immediate termination of tenancy. Likewise, vandalism of any kind by a Sublessee on or to Sublessor's property is prohibited.
4. Sublessees are responsible for the behavior of any and all of their guests, visitors, and invitees. Such persons may not break terms of the Sublease Agreement or these Rules and Regulations. Sublessees are responsible to pay for any damages or clean-up resulting from the conduct of their guests, visitors, and invitees.
5. Except for controls in Sublessees' premises, intended for Sublessees' use, Sublessees will not operate any other controls relating to the building's utility services without the expressed, written, prior approval of Sublessor. This includes but is not limited to heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, gas, electric (including lighting), elevators, laundry, or other
equipment, and Sublessees will not enter the boiler/furnace room.
6. Sublessees will not obstruct entrances, public areas, hallways or other corridors, stairs, exits, elevators, lobbies, driveways, parking areas, walks, or fire escapes.
7. Sublessees will not drive any nails or screws into walls, floors, tiles, ceilings, woodwork, or partitions; will not drill holes or fasten any article on any part of the premises, or damage or deface the same.
Nothing, including clothes, towels, pictures, or any other item, shall be hung from ceilings, pipes, sprinklers, or any fixtures of the premises.
8. Unless modified by the Sublease Agreement, animals are not allowed at any time, under any circumstance, except for legally authorized guide dogs.
9. Sublessees will not add or in any way change locks or keying.
10. No furnishings may be taken from the premises and put in halls, basement, or on porches or balconies without prior consent of Sublessor, even for limited times. No blinds, shades, or screens shall be attached to, hung in, or used in connection with any window or door of the premises without prior written consent from Sublessor.
11. Sublessees will not varnish, paint, paper, or otherwise decorate any walls, floors, doors, woodwork, or cabinets without prior written permission of Sublessor. All restoration costs (even if decoration was with permission) will be at Sublessees' expense, but must be supervised by Sublessor.
12. No vehicle or bicycle shall obstruct a drive or in any way interfere with others' access thereto, nor shall they be parked on lawns, shrubberies, patios, walkways, or lawn extensions. Bicycles may not be brought into the premises without prior consent of Sublessor. Vehicles shall not be repaired, lubricated, or washed on driveways or in parking areas of the premises. Any vehicle of Tenant or of Sublessees' guests or invitees that leak oil
or hydraulic fluid (which damage blacktop) must be removed, and Tenant is responsible for any cleanup (including environmental cleanup, and repair.
13. Sublessees will act reasonably to conserve water and energy, and will report running toilets and faucets to Sublessor for service. Sublessees will not make unreasonable use of heat, leave windows open during cold weather. Sublessees will not remove screens and/or storms from the windows, even briefly.
14. Sublessees will use toilets, tubs, and sinks only for their primary purpose and will never use them to dispose of sweepings, rubbish, rags, garbage, sanitary napkins, or other items likely to clog them. Sublessees are liable to pay Sublessor for any expense it incurs for repairing damage (including unclogging toilets and drains) caused by Sublessees, their guests, or
15. Sublessees will keep/store any personal property only in their premises or in such space as Sublessor may assign them in writing, but storage of kerosene, gasoline, or other flammable or explosive agents is always prohibited. Sublessor is not responsible for any items left in the premises at the end of the Lease term.
16. Trash and garbage (including recyclables) always shall be placed in the trash and recycle containers provided by Sublessor, and container lids, if any, must be kept tightly closed at all times
17. Sublessees will perform reasonable housekeeping in their premises to maintain them in a clean, neat, and sanitary condition.
18. Unless expressly permitted by Sublessor in writing, Sublessees shall not display any signs, flags, pennants, placards, advertisements, notices, pictures, ornaments, stickers, handbills, or other lettering so as to be visible on the outside of the building or the premises.
19. Smoking is not permitted at any time in the building, including entrances, driveways, all grounds, and including the premises. There is $200 fine for smoking inside the premises, which can be withheld from the security deposit.
20. Sublessees will not remove batteries from smoke detectors or in any other way disarm them.
21. Possession, sale, or use of any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia in the premises or the building is prohibited.
22. Sublessor provides light bulbs for all fixtures at the beginning of the Lease term. Sublessees will replace light bulbs in all lighting fixtures in the premises during the Lease term, and will leave working light bulbs in all lighting fixtures at the end of the Lease.
23. Possessing, using, or storing lethal weapons anywhere in the building is prohibited. "Lethal weapon" is defined as any deadly weapon which, from the manner used, is calculated or likely to produce death or serious bodily injury. This includes, but is not limited to: all firearms, hunting knives, switchblades, bows and arrows, machetes, or other knives.
24. Maintenance requests shall be submitted in writing to Sublessor. Specifics of the problem, to the extent possible, shall be included in the request. Sublessees are strictly liable to reimburse Sublessor for repair of any damage caused by violation of any of these Rules by Sublessees or by their guests.
25. Only Sublessees included in the Sublease Agreement are allowed to stay at the premises. Overnight guests are not allowed without prior consent of the Sublessor.
We are two artists (fashion photographer & jewelry designer) who are passionate about interior design and traveling, apart from other things. We love our home, and we hope you will love it too.
Please keep in mind that this is not a hotel so there is no service included in your rental. We do provide the basics you might need for the stay (bed linens, towels, toilet paper, hand soap, kitchen condiments, etc.) but depending on the length of your stay you might need to do your own laundry, cleaning, and/or supplies re-stocking.