About this listing
The living room is great for relaxtion. The flat-screen TV with cable (just to the right), and a stocked library with loads of books, provide a restful escape. Free Wi-Fi is also included.
Charming 1Bdrm/1Bath Oasis10 min to Downtown
This one-bedroom casita is a charming, free-standing house just minutes from Reid Park and the Randolph Golf Course, 10 minutes from downtown Tucson, and 3 miles from the University of Arizona. There is also a bike path that runs directly from our house straight to the U of A and 2 bikes are available for use. Although the house is centrally-located, the street itself does not extend all the way through to any major roads, making it very peaceful and virtually silent for midtown. Fully furnished and equipped with everything you might need to make your stay as convenient as possible, this cozy retreat is the perfect place to relax and unwind at the end of the day. A fully equipped kitchen is there is you wish to cook.
Enjoy the beautiful weather in one of the rocking chairs on your front porch, or in the vine-covered gazebo near the fountain, or perhaps star-gaze by the fire pit. You might even catch a glimpse of the wild birds that frequently grace our backyard: hawks, owls, and American kestrels (the only native North American falcon) have all been known to be spotted. i have one non-allergenic dog, cairn terrier Buttercup.
The house comes with a full kitchen with a electric oven, microwave, full-size refrigerator, dishes, glasses, cookware, utensils. It also has a comfy bedroom with a ceiling fan, large dresser, walk-in closet, a queen bed with extra linens, and a private bathroom with a shower (sorry, no tub). The living room looks onto the kitchen in a "Great Room" style and has a breakfast bar, couch, flat-screen TV, and reading area with many books to choose from.
Some of the additional amenities include off-street-parking, cable TV, Wi-Fi, central A/C and heat, and access to a laundry room onsite. The owner also lives on the property in the main house and is happy to provide you with anything that might make your stay more enjoyable.
The monsoons are July and August and they make the mornings lovely. From your patio you can get a glimpse of the Catalina mountains as well as the sun set. Come get a dose of the desert in all of her majesty.
Off street covered parking and a back yard that has many places to sit and relax. There is an outdoor fire place and barbecues for your use. There are two city bikes in the shed that are super comfortable and helmets and locks and night lights are also available.
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as the guest wish and desire. The casita stands alone and I furnish the fridge with some foods and fluids for breakfast so that you are totally independent if you wish. Coffee and tea and pots to make these in are provided as well as all condiments. If you are interested in touring or hiking or biking Tucson and would like some recommendations let me know. I gladly put together an activity guide for you.
Quiet and safe. Most of my neighbors have lived here for 20-40 years, so I am the baby on the block with my eight years. Our street is not a through street, so there is little traffic. There is a park close by and most people walk their dogs at night and/or play in the park. We are also one block away from the bike path that goes from the west to the east side of town and will get you to the university on no time at all.
Tucson by nature doesn't have a great transit system, but we are two blocks away from the closest bus stop that will easily get you to downtown, where there now is a light rail.
Other Things to Note
Come and be comfortable as can be.
Pets are welcome depending on size and amount of shedding and are not allowed on furniture and please discuss with me before bringing your pet
Rules & Regulations
1. Tenant may access property at 3PM on the date of occupancy. All keys are to be left on the kitchen counter of the unit at 11 AM the day of check out. Failure to return all keys will result in a substantial $25 key charge. Any tenant checking out past the 11AM check out time will be charged a tenant fine equal to one day’s rate.
2. Tenant must be 18 years of age or older. No unaccompanied children allowed on the premises at any time.
3. Noise must be kept to a minimum after 10PM and before 8AM. Violations by Tenant may result in request to vacate the premises, and no refunds of paid monies will be made.
4. No pets permitted in or on the premises. Violations will result in forfeiture of deposit plus costs of cleaning, flea eradication, or other damages and
immediate termination of tenancy.
5. No furniture is to be added or removed from the premises without the Lessor’s written approval. If tenant changes furniture from room to room, it shall be their responsibility to replace it at end of tenancy.
6. If items are found missing upon inspection after Tenant check-out, the Tenant will be billed for the items, and shall assume responsibility for all collection of legal fees necessitated by default in payment.
7. Tenant may not sublet without prior written consent by Lessor.
8. Security deposit will be returned less possible deductions for excessive cleaning, or repairs as decided by Lessor after the checkout inspection.
9. Lessor and Owner are not responsible to loss of, theft of, or damage to belongings, including vehicles. Theft and security concerns should be reported immediately to the Lessor. Tenants are responsible for their possessions while on the property and are encouraged to lock the door to their guesthouse upon leaving the premises.
10. Unit will be presumed acceptably clean unless Lessor is notified before 5PM on date of arrival.
11. Tenant agrees to hold Lessor and Owner harmless from any cost, expense, or damages incurred by Lessor as result of tenant’s (or tenant’s guests) use of the property, including but not limited to, fines imposed which maybe offset against the security deposit.
12. Tenant acknowledges that state law provides for immediate eviction from the premises for failure to comply with the terms of the rental agreement or with any local, state, or federal law.
13. Any tenant caused disturbance resulting in complaints or police action shall cause this tenancy to terminate immediately and no refund of rents shall be made. Violations may result in deductions from tenant security deposit.
14. Lessor may be permitted to inspect or show property or make repairs as necessary.
15. Only 2 cars permitted in carport area on east side. All other vehicles will be towed at tenant’s expense. Tenant vehicles may not block Lessor’s vehicles.
Riemke's casita was the perfect retreat for a weekend getaway. Not only was the space just as she described (and even better with a fully stocked fridge and complimentary snacks!), but Riemke herself was an absolute delight. She provided me with many tips on how to best get around, and had bikes she willingly loaned out for the duration of my stay. Her location is ideal for those on bikes, as there is a bike path directly from her house to the hip University district. The casita was so comfortable, and I felt right at home due to Riemke's welcoming personality. When it comes to hospitality, Riemke goes the extra mile-- she so graciously offered me a ride to the bus station, and even sent me on my way with a birthday treat! Riemke's casita was the perfect first Air BnB experience, and I would highly recommend to all!
Riemke was very nice and welcoming. The casita was comfortable and clean. The neighborhood is quiet and in a nice location, close enough to downtown by car and close to restaurants around Speedway Blvd.
We stayed for a quick visit during my husband's midtour from duty overseas. Everything was exactly as described, peaceful, well appointed, and CLEAN! She even had the refrigerator stocked with fresh and organic fruits and veggies, and whole bean coffee and breakfast foods. It is very conveniently located, central to everything. Great extras, music, DirectTV, coffee grinder, toiletries, etc. The list goes on and on. I already knew it would be a great property, and it truly was.
The bed was very comfortable, and shower pressure and temperature was just right! Even in 110 degree weather, the Casita was perfectly cool with the adjustable thermostat.
We should have stayed longer to really enjoy sitting in the rocking chair on the porch and soaking in the calm of our surroundings. We definitely enjoyed our stay and were glad to meet Riemke and Butter. We'd stay again in a heartbeat.
Fantastic guest home in a great location! Cozy, well maintained, clean, comfortable bed and a generously stocked kitchen. This was the perfect venue for my week long lodging needs in Tucson.
We had such a lovely time. The casita has everything anyone could possibly need (for instance, not just a coffee pot, but also a press pot and a coffee grinder), is in a comfortable, central location and has a terrific, warm host. Everything is so comfortable and clean. The yard is beautiful and the casita has ample seating from which to enjoy it and the view of the mountains. It is small, but it was ample for two of us. I would love to stay here again.!
For my first Airbnb experience, I couldn't have asked for a better host than Riemke! Her casita is absolutely lovely and the yard is more of a sanctuary. The place is super quiet, clean, and Riemke has dedicated much effort to the details and amenities. (including stocking the fridge with healthy foods!) My only regret is that I had to leave!
I will definitely stay at Riemke's casita on my next visit to Tucson!
My husband and I felt so very welcome at Riemke's casita. Everything was spotless, the kitchen was stocked with fresh, healthy foods, and the gardens in the back yard were blooming and beautiful. Staying in the casita was more like a retreat than lodging, and we spent our mornings relaxing on the porch, watching the birds, and sipping coffee. I'm already looking forward to our next visit. A big thanks to Riemke for creating this magical little space.
About the Host, Riemke
Born and raised on Rotterdam, the Netherlands in a sailing and navy family I set out to travel in my early twenties. I lived in Minnesota on a self-sustenance farm for seven years and started my own family. I have been local emergency physician for 25 years. I have lived in Tucson that entire time and know the area inside out. I am happy to give suggestions on sight seeing, restaurants and other local and historical points of interest. My passion in life is bicycling, walking, riding horses, anything outdoors, reading and my sharing it all with my friends. I host international students as a mom away from home. I love meeting people and sharing friendship and life stories. I am accompanied by my two dogs who are gentle souls. I will be working on growing my own herb and vegetable garden. and I love to cook and socialize, so if you would like to join me for a meal on the patio, let me know.