The living room is great for relaxtion. The flat-screen TV with cable (just to the right), and a stocked library with loads of books, provide a restful escape. Free Wi-Fi is also included.
Charming 1Bdrm/1Bath Oasis10 min to Downtown
This one-bedroom casita is a charming, free-standing house just minutes from Reid Park and the Randolph Golf Course, 10 minutes from downtown Tucson, and 3 miles from the University of Arizona. There is also a bike path that runs directly from our house straight to the U of A and 2 bikes are available for use. Although the house is centrally-located, the street itself does not extend all the way through to any major roads, making it very peaceful and virtually silent for midtown. Fully furnished and equipped with everything you might need to make your stay as convenient as possible, this cozy retreat is the perfect place to relax and unwind at the end of the day. A fully equipped kitchen is there is you wish to cook.
Enjoy the beautiful weather in one of the rocking chairs on your front porch, or in the vine-covered gazebo near the fountain, or perhaps star-gaze by the fire pit. You might even catch a glimpse of the wild birds that frequently grace our backyard: hawks, owls, and American kestrels (the only native North American falcon) have all been known to be spotted. i have one non-allergenic dog, cairn terrier Buttercup.
The house comes with a full kitchen with a electric oven, microwave, full-size refrigerator, dishes, glasses, cookware, utensils. It also has a comfy bedroom with a ceiling fan, large dresser, walk-in closet, a queen bed with extra linens, and a private bathroom with a shower (sorry, no tub). The living room looks onto the kitchen in a "Great Room" style and has a breakfast bar, couch, flat-screen TV, and reading area with many books to choose from.
Some of the additional amenities include off-street-parking, cable TV, Wi-Fi, central A/C and heat, and access to a laundry room onsite. The owner also lives on the property in the main house and is happy to provide you with anything that might make your stay more enjoyable.
The monsoons are just about over and the mornings and are lovely. From your patio you can get a glimpse of the Catalina mountains. Come get a dose of the desert in all of her majesty.
covered parking and a back yard that has many places to sit and relax. There is an outdoor fire place and barbecues for your use.
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as the guest wish and desire. The casita stands alone and I furnish the fridge with some foods and fluids so that you are totally independent if you wish. Coffee and tea and pots to make these in are provided as well as all condiments.
Quiet and safe. Most of my neighbors have lived here for 20-40 years, so I am the baby on the block with my eight years. Our street is not a through street, so there is little traffic. There is a park close by and most people walk their dogs at night and/or play in the park. We are also one block away from the bike path that goes from the west to the east side of town and will get you to the university on no time at all.
Tucson by nature doesn't have a great transit system, but we are two blocks away from the closest bus stop that will easily get you to downtown, where there now is a light rail.
Other Things to Note
Come and be comfortable as can be
Rules & Regulations
1. Tenant may access property at 3PM on the date of occupancy. All keys are to be left on the kitchen counter of the unit at 11 AM the day of check out. Failure to return all keys will result in a substantial $25 key charge. Any tenant checking out past the 11AM check out time will be charged a tenant fine equal to one day’s rate.
2. Tenant must be 18 years of age or older. No unaccompanied children allowed on the premises at any time.
3. Noise must be kept to a minimum after 10PM and before 8AM. Violations by Tenant may result in request to vacate the premises, and no refunds of paid monies will be made.
4. No pets permitted in or on the premises. Violations will result in forfeiture of deposit plus costs of cleaning, flea eradication, or other damages and
immediate termination of tenancy.
5. No furniture is to be added or removed from the premises without the Lessor’s written approval. If tenant changes furniture from room to room, it shall be their responsibility to replace it at end of tenancy.
6. If items are found missing upon inspection after Tenant check-out, the Tenant will be billed for the items, and shall assume responsibility for all collection of legal fees necessitated by default in payment.
7. Tenant may not sublet without prior written consent by Lessor.
8. Security deposit will be returned less possible deductions for excessive cleaning, or repairs as decided by Lessor after the checkout inspection.
9. Lessor and Owner are not responsible to loss of, theft of, or damage to belongings, including vehicles. Theft and security concerns should be reported immediately to the Lessor. Tenants are responsible for their possessions while on the property and are encouraged to lock the door to their guesthouse upon leaving the premises.
10. Unit will be presumed acceptably clean unless Lessor is notified before 5PM on date of arrival.
11. Tenant agrees to hold Lessor and Owner harmless from any cost, expense, or damages incurred by Lessor as result of tenant’s (or tenant’s guests) use of the property, including but not limited to, fines imposed which maybe offset against the security deposit.
12. Tenant acknowledges that state law provides for immediate eviction from the premises for failure to comply with the terms of the rental agreement or with any local, state, or federal law.
13. Any tenant caused disturbance resulting in complaints or police action shall cause this tenancy to terminate immediately and no refund of rents shall be made. Violations may result in deductions from tenant security deposit.
14. Lessor may be permitted to inspect or show property or make repairs as necessary.
15. Only 2 cars permitted in carport area on east side. All other vehicles will be towed at tenant’s expense. Tenant vehicles may not block Lessor’s vehicles.
Riemke made sure someone was there to greet us when we arrived, and Bree showed us all the amenities available to us. Our refrigerator and kitchen cupboards were stocked with food to a much greater extent than we expected. The house was very private and self-contained, and the yard was set up with a variety of places to dine, relax, barbecue, or hand up laundry. Everything we could possibly have wanted was provided, including a variety of books, and tourist information.
Our visit to the Charming Desert Casita was exceptional! Riemke has created a lovely place to stay, relax, and take in the beauty of Tucson. Her home was clean, organized, and well-stocked. Her many touches of local art and desert plants grace her home and gardens. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and several extras in the refrigerator. We enjoyed meals and breaks under her ramada covered with twinkly lights and vines. Throughout the day we loved watching the many birds who flocked to her feeders. We plan to tell all our friends and family about this welcoming treasure in Tucson and we plan to return ourselves some day!
Absolutely the nicest Airbnb stay that we have ever experienced! Friendly, helpful, gracious and respectful host, very comfortable bed, quiet neighborhood, fully stocked with all needed accoutrements, even bicycles with helmets and locks! The only mistake we made was failing to check the refrigerator before going to the store; it was already full of fresh organic foodstuffs and treats. Thanks, Riemke, our new-found friend!
We were so happy to find this "little oasis" in the desert. Riemke was the perfect hostess and the special touches were most appreciated. The back yard makes the perfect evening retreat with dinner on the grill. Excellent!
I had a wonderful time in Tucson, mostly because of Riemke and her many nearby friends. Her Charming Desert Casita was comfortable, clean, quiet, and well stocked. I picked mint and salad from her beautiful garden and enjoyed the birds and bamboo chimes. Close enough to walk to public transportation, I was able to get around easily to see the sights and glorious sunsets from different locations.
Everything about the casita and Riemke was perfect. She made it easy for us in all ways. I can't recommend this place more -- it was our favorite airbnb of all we've stayed at.
Riemke was very welcoming starting with e-mail information followed up with in-person friendly contact. The description was very accurate, if anything, this casita is even nicer than she can show online. The bird song, peace and quiet, as well as each amenitie so well thought out make this a place I hope to return to for a longer stay. Simple but elegant!
Born and raised on Rotterdam, the Netherlands in a sailing and navy family I set out to travel in my early twenties. I lived in Minnesota on a self-sustenance farm for seven years and started my own family. I have been local emergency physician for 25 years. I have lived in Tucson that entire time and know the area inside out. I am happy to give suggestions on sight seeing, restaurants and other local and historical points of interest. My passion in life is bicycling, walking, riding horses, anything outdoors, reading and my sharing it all with my friends. I host international students as a mom away from home. I love meeting people and sharing friendship and life stories. I am accompanied by my two dogs who are gentle souls. I will be working on growing my own herb and vegetable garden. and I love to cook and socialize, so if you would like to join me for a meal on the patio, let me know.