La Terraza Vacation Condo is on the third floor of a newly constructed building. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo with fully equipped kitchen, living room with Cable TV, Wi-fi, balcony with hammock and ocean view as well as access to our rooftop terrace with 360 degrees of breathtaking views of San Juan del Sur and the Pacific.
We are located in the center of town, 1 and 1/2 blocks from the beach and steps from a variety of restaurants, coffee shops and shops.
We are dedicated to making your vacation as worry free as possible. Let us arrange your airport transportation and your excursions.
Being in the center of town, you have many restaurant options, you can take advantage of your well equipped kitchen and also watch the sun set on the rooftop terrace.
Getting around San Juan del Sur and it's surrounding beaches is quite easy. Because of our center of town location, everything that is located in town is walking distance.
In our reception office you can arrange fun activities for you and your group as well as transportation from our front door to any of the surrounding beaches and sites.
Welcome to La Terraza Guest House. We hope you enjoy your vacation here in San Juan del Sur. We are dedicated to making your stay as pleasant as possible. Please tell us if there is anything that we can do to improve your visit. While here, please observe the following policies.
* Check-in time is at 2pm and Check-out time is 11am. There will be a $15 charge for each additional hour without previous arrangements.
* There is no smoking inside the apartments. Please keep smoking to the balconies and rooftop terrace and do not use dishware for ashtrays.
* Water and power are limited in Nicaragua. Please use sparingly. San Juan del Sur is a town of limited water supply and frequently goes hours or days without running water. To ensure that you have running water 24 hours per day or as much as possible, we provide 2 tanks of water storage. This amount is enough to last us 3 days of water usage with a full house. This is only possible with the help of our guests. Please use water sparingly. We ask that you turn water off while brushing teeth, don’t take extra long showers, let us know if your toilet is running, and be careful of letting excess water run in the kitchen.
* Please try to rinse off as much sand as possible outside so as not to clog our drains.
* Please do not take our towels or sheets outside of the apartment including hanging them over windows or balcony.
The place is nicely situated in the main part of town, 3 blocks from the beach and 1 away from all of the local bars and restaurant. The host was prompt and allowed for us to check in quickly. The space is a bit older and felt like it was used to be a hostel accommodation, locks on every bedroom door. It was a good base camp for our group of friends during our SJDS adventure. Pictures are somewhat deceptive as it is a bit older and the beautiful hammock turned into a regular plain old hammock. Otherwise, it was an overall pleasant stay.
We stayed on the third floor and it's a very good place to stay in SJDS. The view out over the city is nice, and sunsets from the balcony are a treat. The intangibles of this location are really great. It's hard to describe what a perfect location this is: very close to the central market and night life, right in the middle of it all. Katie, our host, was also super accommodating.
We got lost on the way here and arrived at 11:00pm instead of the 3:00pm we had agreed on. It took all of five minutes to borrow a call from a local on the sidewalk next-door and Katie was there! She definitely went above and beyond on that one.
I give Katie and the whole La Terraza Guest House a strong recommendation.
San Juan is an easily accessible town. Super cozy and you feel fairly safe. Plenty of restaurants and shops. The house was great. It was super easy to find, SUPER convenient, large enough, just perfect. We got three sets of keys which was nice. Each set was to a different bedroom so you could lock your own room, which is nice. The only issue was that it rained really hard the day we arrived and there was some leaking, but they were very helpful in addressing that right away. Highly recommend this place for a group of 4-6 people. There are two twin beds in one room, and then two other rooms each with a full bed. And there are two bathrooms. I'd definitely stay there again.
Beautiful apartment! Epic views and definitely lovely to come back to after never ending Nicaraguan nights.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at La Terraza. I'd like to ask where you saw breakfast advertised so I can adjust that amenity. We have never offered breakfast as an option so I want to make sure someone else doesn't check in with the same expectations.
Thank you so much,
We enjoyed our stay. It was a great location to see the town. Very safe!We happened to stay during San Juan Baptista festival, which was right outside the door and very loud, but wonderful cultural experience. You are steps away from anything you could need and all our basic needs we're met. The AC was wonderful!
That said, the space could be better for just a little work. There's a certain lack of attention to detail. The interior needs to be painted. My daughter's room had a bedside lamp but ours did not. Sheets didn't match. Sounds like little things, but when you're someplace for weeks it adds up.
But for the price... It's perfect.
Firstly, we very much enjoyed our stay. The apartment was very nice, well located and reasonably priced.
To offer some insight into real expectations I offer these observations, not criticisms..
- the onsite staff do not speak English - we travel a lot and do realize our own limitation in this respect but the listing implied that both English and Spanish were spoken - we all got by but asking for anything was difficult
- the kitchen is not 'fully equipped' - there is not bottle opener, no cork screw, no can opener, limited flatware, no good knife to cut fruit or fish, no tupperwear or other storage containers, nothing is left behind for the next user.
My impression is that the prime use is for the backpacker crowd and not the travelling family. For instance, each bed room has a deadbolt lock. The place is clean, the staff very pleasant and if the owners would be able to invest a small amount in some simple amenities it would have worked much better for us.
We had a wonderful stay at La Terraza.
It's a fabulous apartment, ideally located for the beach and restaurants.
Olga and the cleaning lady were great, always willing to help.
We made the most out of the sea breeze and kept the windows open, so there was no need for the air con, no problems with mosquitos either.
Would definitely stay again .
This host has 40 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews