About This Listing
A characterful apartment in the heart of traditional east London. Great location to explore Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, St Paul's cathedral and the Southbank plus it is just a short ride to the centre of the city.
*** NOW WITH BRAND NEW SHINY MATTRESS! ***
Welcome to our lovely TWO bedroomed flat in the heart of the East End!
Our property is a stylish and comfortable flat within a secure communal courtyard just 5 mins from the tube and sleeps FOUR-FIVE people!
* 30 min walk to Tower Bridge, the Tower of London and more of London's best tourist sites including HMS Belfast and St Paul's cathedral!
* Walking distance to famous Spitalfields covered market and the famous curry houses and Sunday antiques markets of Brick Lane!
* Just two tube stops to Europe's biggest shopping centre in Stratford!
* Walking distance to Wapping and River Thames - stop for a pint of ale in one of London's oldest pubs!
* Walking distance to Petticoat Lane clothes market and beautiful Victoria Park and Regents Canal.
Free complimentary bottle of wine and cake with every booking so you can just chill out and put your feet up before heading out to explore!
Nearest tubes are Stepney Green and Whitechapel - 5-10 mins walk - and there are direct buses that run right into the centre of town via Angel Islington or Holborn.
ABOUT THE FLAT:
* This sunny flat has newly fitted bathroom and fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and coffee machine plus plenty of pots and pans if you get in the mood for cooking!
* Two double bedrooms with proper beds.
* Ground floor of a classic red brick mansion block on a very quiet street.
* Communal courtyard.
* Fully supplied with all bedding, towels and wifi.
We are more than happy to make any recommendations or offer advice for places to eat and drink!
We have also put together a little personal guide listing my top things to do, favourite places to visit and what I think are some of the best places to eat and drink....feel free to ignore and explore yourself or ask for more advice!!
I live only 20 minutes away by bike and work from home so am pretty much on hand should you need any help. I will organise cleaning the flat during longer stays on arrangement with guests and their needs.
I look forward to welcoming you to my home! Please feel free to message with any questions!
All guests have the entire apartment to themselves and can use anything in the cupboards.
Interaction with Guests
We allow guests to check themselves in using an easy keysafe although I am available throughout their stay in case of any problems or questions. We provide all confirmed bookings a welcome pack with lots of information about the local area and things to do etc.
A vibrant, diverse and interesting part of the East End of London with a great mix of cultures, communities and architecture.
It is a short 10-15 minute easy bus journey to sights such as Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Spitalfields famous indoor covered market, St Pauls Cathedral & Southbank on the River Thames.
If the weather is good, you can walk to many of these sights in around 40 minutes or along the bank of the River Thames.
There are plenty of restaurants, bars and great pubs nearby and it is a short walk to the world famous Brick Lane. This street has end to end curry houses and Indian restaurants.
Stepney Green station is only a 5-10 minute walk away which is on the Hammersmith & City and District line.
Whitechapel station is a 15 minute walk away which runs on the overland line.
There are two very regular 24 hour buses which run into central London from the bus stop a few minutes walk away from the apartment.
We send all confirmed bookings a detailed information sheet with various transport options from different airports/train stations.
There is parking nearby so please message me for more information and a map.
THE FORMAL STUFF....
1. No smoking inside but you can smoke in the garden or head to one of the local beer gardens instead.
2. No pets allowed incase you are considering popping your pooch in your suitcase!
3. Please have consideration for neighbours between the hours (phone number hidden). Apartment must be left in the same condition as they find it, except for normal usage and cleaning. Guest agrees to pay for the replacement of any missing, damaged and/or broken items. For example: cushions, artwork, kitchenware, linens, towels, smoking, new lock if keys lost.
5. Flight delays/cancellations/emergency situations will not result in refund of monies.
6. Internet is offered free of charge. In the unlikely event this is not working, there will be no refund.
8. PRIVACY: We strive to respect the privacy of our guests during their stay and unless requested by you we will not typically contact you during this period.
In this case, if you arrive and find something that seems inadequate (eg. something broken/missing/cleanliness etc) please contact me immediately so that I can resolve the issue. If you do not contact me immediately, I will assume that everything is fine and therefore be unable to resolve the issue. In this case, no refund will be offered at a later date.
9. ILLEGAL/ ANTI-SOCIAL ACTIVITY: Guest agrees that he/she will not use this apartment to engage in illegal activity or to behave in an anti-social manner. The guest agrees not to throw loud parties or engage in other acts that could cause damage to the property or cause disturbance to my neighbours. Failure to comply with this may result in the immediate exclusion of the guest without any recompense for any future rental paid.
10. KEYS: We normally give one set of keys to the guest. Please do not give out these keys to any other person.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!!
Un appartement coquet et fonctionnel dans un quartier calme.
Un accès sécurisé et Debbie, prévenante et disponible si nécessaire.
Elle donne ainsi un livret d'informations diverses sur son appartement des plans d'accès à différents sites de Londres.
Situé près de la ligne de métro, la découverte de Londres s'offre ainsi à mous de façon très sympatique
Debbie was very helpful and quick to answer questions. The apartment was spacious, clean and close to the Stepney Green tube station (5 min walk). Only downside was that one bedroom didn't have a lightbulb!
Debbie was an excellent host, the communication was great and she also accommodated our early arrival by letting us drop the bags while the apartment was being cleaned. The place is exactly what you see in the pictures, cozy, clean and very organized. She also had great suggestions for sightseeing and walks!! Our experience was excellent and I would recommend this place to everyone that is visiting London.
Though we did not personally meet Debbie, she was very helpful.Her cute flat is in a beautiful location and served our purpose.
This host has 304 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Debbie
I am a property renovator and design enthusiastic who loves taking unloved homes and making them look and feel beautiful!
I live with my husband Tim in East London and in my free time I like rummaging round markets and junk shops, eating tasty food with my friends and cycling in the sunshine.
We are both huge travel addicts and recently returned from an extended trip around the world where we were lucky enough to visit some amazing places and make some great friends along the way!
Now I am looking forward to meeting more new people and letting them discover what I love about London!