About this listing
We offer you a well designed, recently renovated apartment in a Greek Revival home which has a full kitchen, shared screened-in porch, full bath including claw foot tub, hardwood floors and a lovely yard. Nestled on Monument Mountain, we are high on the hill overlooking Housatonic village and river, with nearby skiing, hiking, biking, museums, restaurants, theater and shopping, this cozy spot offers accessibility with privacy.
The apartment is perfectly situated to explore the many charms of the Berkshires, both it's natural beauty and it's many cultural attractions. We are 15 minutes to Tanglewood and Shakespeare and Company; 30 minutes to Jacobs Pillow Dance Festival; 10 minutes to Great Barrington's diverse shops and restaurants, The Triplex Cinema, and Mahaiwe Theatre; and 10 minutes to Chesterwood Museum, The Berkshire Botanical Gardens, The Norman Rockwell Museum, Naumkeg and Butternut Mountain Skiing. We are a short walk to the famous Berkshire Mountain Bakery and their delicious sourdough breads, delightful with your morning cup of coffee. If you're looking for a friendly, pleasant, affordable, relaxing place to stay, give us a call.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed on the property.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3. The property is privately owned: the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: The guest may load and unload in the driveway at the bottom of the stairs to the apartment. Otherwise, parking is to be determined with the owners depending on number of guests and time of year. Parking is limited to one vehicle unless prior agreement reached with the homeowners.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, there is no service included for their cleaning in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels, as towels and linens are not to be taken from the property.
9. There is no disposal in the sink which requires that the drain be cleared in the trash and that NO food be disposed of in the sink. Nothing other than toilet paper can be flushed in the toilets.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping this property well tended..
About the Host, Ginny
David and I lived in Cambridge, MA for 25+ years before moving to the Berkshires in 2005. We are enjoying the country pace, the beauty of the land and the many cultural venues here. David renovated the house and set up an art studio while I found nursing jobs in the area working mostly with adolescents/young adults. We would be happy to share our favorite places with you!