About this listing
This cozy, light-filled beach house sits on 2.5 acres of land and over 100 feet of prime waterfront on Hammersley Inlet. Hammersley Inlet is located in South Puget Sound 10 minutes away from the city of Shelton. It sleeps 8-10 people and includes a huge front lawn, giant deck, firepit, barbecue, washer/dryer and solitude. Try clam digging, beachcombing, kayaking, or just lounge on the deck. Cabin is 30 minutes from Olympia and 90 minutes from Seattle.
1. Smoking and firearms are NOT allowed anywhere on the property. Any evidence of smoking on the property will result in complete forfeiture of your security deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. There is central heating/cooling, using a heat pump. Please follow the directions on the thermostat carefully and make sure to turn down the heating/cooling when you depart.
6. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 7am. Please observe and do not disturb the neighbors.
7. Only use appliances for their intended purposes. There is no phone at the cabin, so please bring your cell phone if needed. The reception is generally good.
8. Pets are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
9. Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Please park on the gravel areas, not the lawn, which can be very soft at certain wet times of the year.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not provide beach towels.
11. Water and Septic: The cabin draws its water directly from a well, not a public system. We also have a septic system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for repairs.
12. Beach and Sound: Please be careful on the beach and keep a close eye on all children and non-swimmers. The current is swift, the water is cold, and the tide moves very quickly, so exercise caution at all times. Weather and water conditions can change rapidly, so be mindful of people and gear at all times. Hammersley Inlet is excellent for kayaking and you are welcome to bring your own personal boat and gear. The boats on site are not available for use. The stairs to the beach are steep and sometimes slippery, so exercise caution at all times. Fishing is allowed subject to state and local regulations.
13. Clams and Oysters: The property is a licensed, commercial shellfish farm, raising clams and oysters. Most of the surrounding beaches, including the sandbar, are also private commercial farms, so you are not allowed to dig or harvest shellfish. Please do not disturb any markings or stakes you see on the beach. When walking along the beaches of adjoining properties, you may see some netting on the beach, please do not walk on this netting.
14. Fire pit and BBQ: Please use caution when using the fire pit and charcoal BBQ. Always extinguish the fire when not in use and never leave it unattended. Charcoal is not provided and only limited supplies of firewood are on site, so you may want to bring your own. The wood stove in the basement is not in operation.
15. Shelton: If you’re not familiar with the area, it is 4 miles back into the town of Shelton, where you can get gas, groceries and other items. Safeway, Fred Meyers and Walmart are there as well. There are a few nice restaurants in town, including Xinh’s, an amazing place for clams, oysters and other seafood dishes. Consistently rated one of the best of the Northwest. Old downtown Shelton is fun to walk and explore.
16. Fireworks: Please no fireworks on the property.
17. Garage: The garage above the cabin is locked and not to be entered.
18. In case of emergency or fire, Dial 911.
This house turned out even better than we expected! The house was so adorable, the pictures don't do it justice. My little family of 3 was joined by two more little families and the house was just perfect size. We lovesd the big room that all our little girls could share together. The kitchen was well stocked for anything we would need. The house provides tons of comfortable outside chairs and seating. The yard is huge so we could let the kids play without too much worry of them getting close to the edge. The water was a little itchy so we couldn't swim but all the sea life we saw during low tide more than made up for that. We loved that there was AC to give us some breaks from the heat while cooking and what not. There was a burn ban so we couldn't have a fire in the pit and there were too many mosquitoes to sit on the porch after sun down. The dining table inside was perfect for playing border games. It was the perfect weekend, we only wish we had planned to stay longer.
The cabin was warm and cozy and fit our group of 8 well. We made good use of the kitchen. Unfortunately it was a really wet, muddy weekend so we did not get to explore the beach too much but the view was beautiful. Everything was prepared well for us and we enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you!
Great house with an awesome location right out of town. The house was clean and as described. We will definitely stay there again.
The house was fantastic. Fishing on the Inlet was harder than expected, but it's tough to find a better place to watch the sunset from. Ate most of our meals on the deck under great weather and had a few fires throughout the week at the firepit. Got a little buggy at night, but the place had screens on the windows so we really got to enjoy the fresh air the whole time. Plenty of beds and utensils to cook with, plus Direct tv for the one night it rained. All in all, a really great time. Charlie was a really attentive host as well. He responded to all our questions in a really timely manner and wanted to make sure the AC was working on the one really hot day we had. I'd definitely recommend this place to friends.
Lovely view, nice rural area, house was as described. It is a smaller house and would be very snug if filled to capacity during poor weather. Deck is very nice. Be aware that the driveway is gravel and might be tough on a low slung sports car. House was very clean when we arrived and Shelton is a cute little town.
The house is in an attractive setting and convenient. It was well furnished with everything you would need. UNFORTUNATELY, there were no screens on the windows or doors, the house was a bit musty and HOT HOT HOT. We opened the doors and windows to cool it off a bit and were eaten alive by mosquitoes. The air conditioner could not keep up with the demand even though it was running constantly. (Admittedly, it was a hot weekend-95 degrees outside). We considered getting a hotel room so that we could get a little sleep.
I do not like to leave a negative review-as I also own an airbnb cabin in Oregon and know that many people depend on the income generated. It was disappointing that we were so uncomfortable because of the inability to open the house up to cool off and the influx of mosquitoes, in what could have been an otherwise marvelous experience.
Hi Michele, Thank you for the note and sorry that you were not comfortable. 95 is one of the hottest days we get in the Seattle area all year and that can make it hard for the air conditioner to cool the entire house. But we will make sure to get it serviced, and we also have window screens on order to fix the window issue. Thanks again for staying.
Charlie was extremely responsive and communicative regarding the property. The house itself was just what our group was looking for. Plenty of beds for our group of 10, nice gas grill on the back deck, plenty of outdoor seating, and wonderful access to the river for swimming and exploration! We will definitely be back for future escapes.
About the Host, Charlie
My Family owns two cabins in the Pacific Northwest. One is in South Puget Sound on Hammersley Inlet and the other is at Priest Lake in ID. I have grown up going to the places and they are great to relax and have fun.