About this listing
A unique 200 year-old stone cottage that will take you back in time. Surrounded by cobblestone streets and stone houses. Courtyard area covered by vineyards (in season), balcony and garden with views of Lago Maggiore and the surrounding mountains. The cottage has 2 bedrooms and WC on the upper floor, and family area with a full kitchen, shower and just-installed wood-burning fireplace on the main floor. Wireless Internet throughout. Minutes away from downtown Gordola,/Locarno Switzerland, includes one free private parking spot. Walk to restaurants, shopping and public transport to Locarno or take the ferry boat across to Brissago Islands. Rosemarie, your owner/host lives next door and has been in the area for over 28 years. *Cannobio, Italy is just 20 min away with a beautiful harbor, shops and outdoor Sunday market.
* Just 15 min away is Lavertezzo with its waterfall, and double arch Roman Bridge 8 th cent. "Ponte dei Salti." A truly unforgetable experience.
* Minutes away from the Valle Verzasca Dam, where scenes from the James Bond movie Goldeneye were filmed.
Some local info:
* CARDADA-LOCARNO 1700 ** winter skiing
* The Madonna del Sasso sanctuary in Orselina above the city of Locarno
* Locarno moon and stars 14.07-22.07
* The Locarno Film Festival 02.08-12.08
* Bellinzona CASTEL, a UNESCO-listed protected site
* Horseback riding
* 3 Borromeo Islands Italy;
Isola Bella, Isola dei
Pescatori, Isola Madre
* Mergoscia a wonderful church 1733
Interaction with guests
One popular dining option is to have an a-la-carte meal of your choice set up in your apartment or in the garden. A truly unique six-course meal consisting of typical regional specialties served inside your apartment or in the garden. This private gourmet dining experience brings the best Swiss cuisine to your room for an intimate candlelit dining experience.
Available upon request.
Bus and train very close
no smoking inside cottage.
lovely pets are Welcome
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 187 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I enjoy spending time with my husband and family. I'm an outgoing person who loves to make all guests feel at home. I've lived in this area of Switzerland over 20 years and hope to make your visit here truly unforgettable. Medicine is my profession and it has played a role in my lifestyle which includes healthy organic cooking. I enjoy traveling and meeting new friends. I look forward to visiting America, where my brother and his wife live.