Comfortable room for one person in a great multicultural neighborhood. Quiet area, but close to shops and subway.
*** Please note I have another listing in this same location and take short term Airbnb guests in another area of the apartment***
- Bedroom: 88 Square Feet. Comfortable twin bed. Shelves and drawers for storage.
- Apt: High-speed wireless or wired internet access. Full access to the kitchen, bathroom, and Dining area. Feel free to cook! There is a laundry in the basement.
Dining area, Kitchen, bathroom, internet, coin laundry in the basement.
Interaction with Guests
All depends on my work schedule, but I am happy to chat and even go out if I am free.
- Neighborhood: Delis, supermarkets, 24 hour pharmacy, banks, post office, restaurants, more all within a few blocks... Safe, clean, historical and hip, Jackson Heights and the nearby neighborhoods are some of the most diverse neighborhoods in the world. = Great cheap food! Argentinians, Ecuadorians, Colombians, South Asians,and East Asians restaurants and shops with variety of cafe options from Paraguay, Colombia, Italy, Bangladesh and Western Europe as well as art and craft stores.
There is also a wonderful year-round greenmarket every Sunday at Travers Park on 77th St and 34th Ave.
Some of the notable folks that have lived in Jackson Heights: Charlie Chaplin, Howard Stern, Lucy Liu, Gene Simmons, Susan Sarandon, Mercedes Ruehl, Don Rickles, Les Paul, John Leguizamo, Montgomery Clift, and the inventors of Scrabble and the Xerox copier... So, you know you're in good company.
Please look up Jackson Heights, Queens to see more about this amazing neighborhood and its rich history.
- 5 Minute taxi ride from LaGuardia Airport!
- Transportation: Subway 15-20 mins to Midtown Manhattan. Six minute walk to the largest subway stop in Queens with five subway train lines (E, F, 7, M, R) and six bus lines (Q32, Q33, Q47, Q49 and Q53). As well as the Q66 on Northern Blvd., two blocks away. The Q33 & Q47 buses go to LaGuardia Airport. The Q53 bus goes to Rockaway Beach, Queens. The Q32 runs all the way from Jackson Heights to Midtown Manhattan, a nice option if you aren't in a rush and want to see NYC from the ground level (instead of the underground) and maybe hop off in the interesting neighborhoods along the way. The Long Island Rail Road Woodside station is nearby on 61st Street and Roosevelt Avenue, which is two stops on the #7 train. Incidentally, the 7 train is one of the few remaining elevated lines in NYC - you're sure to enjoy the birds eye view of the borough!
Other Things to Note
- No smoking in the apartment.
**Please fill-out your profile, preferably with a photo before you book. I appreciate knowing a bit about my guests before accepting reservations, so I can provide the best hosting experience possible. For security purposes, after you book, I require a copy of your photo identification before your visit.**
- Be courteous and considerate.
- I try to keep quiet hours from 9pm to 9am out of respect for the neighbors, but weekends are more relaxed.
- Do take your street shoes off when you come in and feel free to borrow some comfy slippers.
- Clean up after yourselves, especially in the common areas (Kitchen, Livingroom, Dining table) and put things back where they were found.
- If Toby (my puppy) is co-hosting during your stay, please only treat him with his special treats. Human food can make him sick.
- Other tips may be posted in specific areas of the apt.
Memo was an amazing host. He was very responsive, and was accommodating when my arrival plans changed multiple times at the last minute. Plus he is just a very nice person. The room was clean and comfortable with great ac and wifi. The location is very cool because you have tons of very diverse restaurants within a square mile. Very close to multiple subway lines. I really enjoyed my two month stay in Jackson Heights in large part due to Memo's place.
I booked a room for my colleague from Europe and his stay was great. Apartment/room was nice. Memo was a good host and even accommodated my colleague for additional nights.
Memo is incredibly helpful, kind and accommodating. I was helping arrange a stay for a guest from Japan and Memo was great at providing assistance and all the information we needed beforehand to ensure a wonderful stay at his lovely apartment. Our Japanese guest was able to move in smoothly and really enjoyed his stay. Thank you Memo!
We really enjoyed our 3 day stay in Queens. Memo was a great host with loads of local knowledge. Toby was sweet and the room very comfortable with early morning sun. Great to see part of the 'real' New York, 5 minutes from the subway and within easy reach of Manhattan.
This host has 92 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hello, I'm Memo, multi-disciplinary artist living in NYC. Very happy to host travelers. I work in both visual and performing arts. Lately I have been working a lot in film.
I was born in NYC, but grew up south of Miami, FL. I eventually want to end up on a mountain by a river. :o) Thanks for looking!