Perched above the ocean, with stunning views to the Aeolian Islands, is the 400-year-old Tower of Marmora. The estate is named after the tower, erected as part of a fortification program ordered by Charles V during the Spanish domination of Sicily.
Imagine your apartment surrounded by the Mediterranean, overlooking the sea, sitting on the terrace to watch the sunset over the Aeolian Islands.
If you are 2, 3 or 4 people will be accommodated in one of the apartments located within an historic estate called Tower of Marmora and you can admire the beautiful view of the sea and the Aeolian Islands from your large terrace.
The sea can be reached on foot in less than 10 minutes, it is beautiful, clean and with a sandy free and equipped beach where you can find your bed with sunshade. The horizon is lost in pastel colors, the wind carries intense and wild from the surrounding countryside.
Check also other rooms and house for 1,2,3, or more people. Click on my profile to see the other listings.
Coming up with your own car or a taxi there is a large square of the Tower of Marmora, designed by Camillo Camilliani in the late 1500's, situated on the Tyrrhenian coast of Sicily facing the mirror of the sea which includes the Gulf of Milazzo and the Aeolian Islands.
The apartment in the villa at the top left is composed of a living room with a sofa bed, a kitchenette with everything you need, a table and chairs for 4 people, a hall, a bathroom with shower, double bedroom and a large terrace with sea view with a reserved parking space.
There are 2 single beds that can be joined in a double room and a sofa bed for 2 people in the living room-kitchen. The linen is changed every week as well as cleaning. The flora present in 4 acres of the property is very diverse typical of the "Mediterranean vegetation".
Interaction with Guests
Contact Linn and Elio for any help in different languages (English, French, Italian and Norwegian) and if you need any assistance during your stay you can rely on Giulia and Cettina house manager of Marmora.
I like to go in Villafranca Tirrena town of medium size, less than 5 minutes, where you can find the weekly street market , the riding , the local night-life, cinema , supermarket, pharmacy , etc.
Search the picturesque mountains of sand in San Saba , about 5km away and walk up into the hills where you get to Salice, village dating back to 1100, to enjoy its traditional festival for the patron saint of St. Stephen.
From Milazzo , 15 minutes away by car , take ferries to the Aeolian Islands . A 15 minute drive is Messina , with its local markets and fish food , the weekly markets of the road, Ganzirri, the Madonna and the cathedral.
Take a day trip to Dinnammare , where you can enjoy one of the most beautiful landscapes of Sicily, that dominates the two seas: the Ionian and Tyrrhenian seas . The whole surrounding area is of great natural interest for the purposes of bird watching.
Nearby you can visit the Jalari Park , the Museum of Popular Culture and Music Peloritans, you can attend the Inter regional Festival of fireworks in Gualtieri and live the Vara Messina. Within easy reach Taormina , Catania, Etna and its surroundings with Bronte and Alcantara Gorges.
In this area called Salice and Rodia, there is no public transport so your best bet is to rent a car or use a taxi. There is private parking for one car inside the house. In the summer period between July and August there is a shuttle service to the sea for around €1 per person
Other Things to Note
Children up to 8 years are FREE of charge and small pets are welcome.
It will be possible to buy freshly baked bread, enjoy specialties of traditional catering from Messina, both salty (Messina cake, arancini, rustic) and sweet (ice cream and ices, cannoli, pignolata)
Every year, there are various cultural events, belonging to historical and mythological events that have affected the region.
Like my style and this listing is booked during your desired dates?
>>> Click on my profile photo or name and click View all listings, on the bottom left corner.
- You can arrive at the Property after the time specified by us on the Arrival Date and you must leave the property on the time specified by us on the departure date. We will let you know these times in writing before your stay.
- You agree to comply with the regulations set out in every property manual and any other regulations reasonably specified by us from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members.
- You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, including items such as kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition.
- You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors, windows or any other part of the Property nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighboring properties.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property while at the Property.
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
- You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorized, nor can you significantly change the make up of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless permitted by us in writing in advance. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it.
- We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the Booking by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any fees already paid to us in those circumstances. Any refund will be at our sole discretion.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of
ours access to the Property at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs, in an emergency or to ensure you are complying with this Booking Contract.
- If you want to bring pets of small size you can check with Elio and Linn to make sure you don't bother any other guests.
- Smoking is allowed outside the house.
The location is very nice, though remote and somewhat hard to find. I would recommend the Marmora apartment for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of more crowed locales. Staff is friendly and helpful.
This host has 32 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi, you can count on the most committed host you will ever have for your holiday. Mondosol is a company based in Norway that help people like you to learn and travel internationally.
You can rest assured that we love what we do. We want to provide the best quality price for our rooms and attention to guests. We are here full time to help you.
Here you can learn a bit more about the two founders of Mondosol individually. Contact us in Airbnb and start to connect with us on social media.
Linn is Cool and come from Seoul. She lives in Norway and is the Co founder of Mondosol. She lived, worked and travelled in the best touristic countries and learned things that help you have a fabulous experience.
Elio the Sun comes from Milan and lives in Norway with Linn. He is the co founder of Mondosol and learned living and working abroad how to help people feel home.