About this listing
An elegant spacious room in a tropical house with superb king size bed, air conditioner,a working desk,shared showers/toilet, garden. Rate includes warm breakfast+ strong WiFi. Twin beds see Nilaya 2. Car,driver,scooter for rent. Read before inquire.
The heart of Airbnb lies on the authentic experience for the guests and the genuine hospitality of the host, not on the cheap price side. If these qualities are what you are after, then Nilaya is the right place for you. Join our guests who have embraced Nilaya experience and return to stay whenever they are in Jakarta. For you that miss this place on your arrival, why not staying on your return? Enjoy Jakarta’s rough charm that appeals to people who love life. See Guide Book. Read the following FAQs & Other Things to Note before inquiring:
•Why do I have to choose Nilaya?
- Nilaya offers you more than just a place to stay: an authentic experience. It comes in a green and neat neighborhood, delicious local breakfast as part of your cultural immersion, travel tips you don't find in Lonely Planet and the feeling of getting to know someone...Stay for 2 nights to recover from jet lag, or on your last days in Indonesia. It won’t cost you much; in fact you get more: an authentic local experience that you miss when you go to touristic places like Bali or Gili.
- Why not making Jakarta your last stop before returning to your home country? It’s fun! Get a therapeutic massage, shops for antiques in Jalan Surabaya, buy seasoning and local snacks, have a coffee tour, dine at fish market! Take advantage of our proximity to Airport Bus station that will take you back to international airport for only USD 2.5 or EUR 2, some buses have WiFi. What can be more convenient?
- 3 ways to go to/from airport: by direct airport bus (most economical, only if you arrive before 8 pm);by regular taxi; or, request a private pick up by Hatta (speaks English and German) at a rate lower than car hire from airport (we suggest it this pick up for guests arriving after 8 pm).
•May I have your phone number or email? May I pay on arrival? May I see your place first? NO need for PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL EXCHANGE because AIRBNB BLOCKS IT AUTOMATICALLY. Let’s keep in touch via Airbnb system. BOOKING SHOULD BE MADE VIA AIRBNB at the price as quoted by Airbnb, no payment on arrival. Instead of asking for a visit, learn to trust your host from pictures and reviews. Reviews is meant to guide others. This is why you are expected to leave a review at the end of your stay
•How far is your house from city centre? 17 minutes in normal traffic, 7 km = 4.2 miles. What matters in Jakarta is access, not distance. We are not very central but the house is situated on the central east, where traffic is lighter (south and west have the worst traffic!), with easy access to/from:
-International airport CGK 25-60 min, subject to traffic; domestic airport HLP 12 min; Rawamangun Airport Bus station 2 minutes away
-Inner city ring road highway gate 250 metre: give you an excellent access to travel around greater Jakarta and to other cities Bandung, Bogor or cross to Sumatera
-Train stations that connect Jakarta to Yogya and commuter trainn to Old Town of Batavia (Kota) and Bogor
- Shuttle to/from Bandung 1 minute away;
- 2 lines of TransJakarta Bus Network
- Taxi and Bajaj (Tuk-Tuk) are just off Nilaya’s gate..
•Does sharing shower create problems? NEVER. The double showers free anyone from queuing. For the privacy of female guest, a batik bathrobe is supplied in each room.
•Do I have to tip you? Not necessary. Kindly leave me a review on Airbnb as you check out. That's all. Reviews are expected from both of us to guide other travelers
FAQ for business travelers:
If your meeting venues are spread around Jakarta or you must go to/from airport, Nilaya is the perfect place to stay. Otherwise, find the closest lodging to your work place.
FAQs for long term guests
-Long term rate is already lowered, it is unecessary to ask for further reduction. It is as quoted by Airbnb and shown on your screen. That is the amount you pay.
- Maximum stay should not exceed the expiry date of your visa/permit. Do NOT attempt to OVERSTAY.
- Price includes free strong and reliable WiFi, coffee, tea, toast only (no local warm breakfast).
- Kitchen is suitable for making omelets, sandwich, noodle or reheating but NOT suitable for Chinese, Indian, Arabic cooking that requires frying, boiling and chopping. In fact, many delicious and affordable eateries are within short walk. You can also order daily dinner box delivery. In other words, eating out save your time and money.
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board are available but not washing machine. A 24h low cost express laundry service is available: around USD 1 per kg of dry clothes! Clothes are returned clean and neatly ironed. It saves your time a lot.
- Car and motorbike rent are available.
Guests may access common facilities such as shower rooms, kitchen, TV lounge, backyard garden and veranda. Facilities are only shared between fellow guests, not with host. Guest area is connected to the host’s residence by a connecting door.
Interaction with Guests
I, my husband, 2 teen kids, who speak English fluently, stay in the other wing of the house; find us behind the connecting door
It is a luxury to get close to nature in Jakarta. At Nilaya, nature comes close. You may spot hummingbird, swallow, grasshoppers, lizard, frog, and squirrel around. Not only green, the neighborhood is safe and has many authentic spots to explore.
Within 1 min walk you will find:
•Delicious Yogya street food stall open 6 pm-2 am, suitable for vegetarian. Must try: Wedang Uwuh; Nasi Uduk, tasty creamy steamed rice with side dishes, open 11am-8pm. Must try: Nasi Uduk with organic fried chicken, bakwan jagung;Meatball dumpling and fruity ice and Jakarta iconic Asinan: vegetable salad in spicy peanut sauce.
•Jasmine spa and acupressure, ladies only, 8 am-8pm. Must try: face acupressure, massage, scrub.
Within 5-10 min walk, you will find:
•ATM (Cash Machines for VISA, Cirrus, Maestro) near the University
•Supermarket and hospitals
• Sunan Giri Fabric and Embroidery market plus top Padang/Sumatera restaurants. Pagi Sore and Sederhana. Must try: Everything!
•Kedai Locale. Must try: everything!
•7 Eleven, Barbershop & Foot Reflexology
•Sate Blora. Must try: lamb/chicken satay, lamb soup
•Adventure gear shops; scarf, pashmina, brooch,moslem boutiques
•A public sport park, a university, a golf course, Airport bus station and Shuttle to Bandung.
•Numerous delicious eateries. Simply explore and experience
The area is served by two Trans Jakarta lines, line 10 and line 4. Minivan M-21 offers a door to door service from home to nearest Trans Jakarta bus stop, airport bus stop, local eateries. Ojek (motorbike taxi) and bajaj (tuk-tuk) are other means of transport
Other Things to Note
- The mosque behind Nilaya calls for prayer 5 times a day, a typical loud call you hear in any moslem dominated country. The earliest one is at 4.30 am. Instead of finding it noisy and intrusive, take it as part of your cultural immersion
- My place is nowhere near nightlife or expatriate area. No alcoholic drinks is served or sold around the neighborhood.
- Check your Airbnb inbox after a reservation is confirmed, Airbnb sends you direction to get to Nilaya.
1. Guests are expected to have read, taken into account and accepted FAQs and Other Things to Note before making reservation;
2. Guests are expected to:
- dress appropriately; suitable outfit for ladies: a short sleeves T-Shirt (covering shoulder and breast) and a knee-lenght pants or medium shorts (5 cm above the knee).
- to honour extra agreement (for motorbike or car rent)
- to leave a review soon after checking out.
3. Guests must:
- turn off lights and air conditioner whenever leave the room.
- maintain cleanness of the room, take their shoes off and place it outside.
- come with children over 6 years old only, strictly no toddlers and babies.
- not to hang underwear in the showers or in any common areas.
- be responsible for their precious belongings during their stay; the host should not be held responsible for any lost resulted from guests’ negligence
- Not to: smoke inside, use drug, get drunk, bring pet, committed in any illegal conduct such as visa overstaying.
- cook simple meals only (strictly no deep frying and meat chopping or use of spices that leave strong smell).
- compensate the host for ANY damages they cause on the property.