Private, detached, furnished guesthouse off 4th Ave, blocks from the University of Arizona & downtown. Simple, clean, and tiny, we stay booked near solid because of the low price for the really great location.
- Small, clean, detached furnished studio
- Recently updated: comfortable Queen bed with ventilated foam mattress topper
- A real comfort bonus is I have a large selection of quality pillows of various materials/firmness/sleep styles. Down & feather is standard in medium loft, but high loft (side sleeper) and low loft (stomach sleeper) is available upon request, as are 2 different types of memory foam, polyester (down alternative) in soft and firm, and buckwheat hull (asian style).
- Linens, towels, small desk, dresser, bookshelf, and 3/4 bath (toilet, sink & shower)
- Free 40Mbps wifi Internet, TV with USB port (no cable- major networks and local channels only, although cable can be arranged for longer stays if necessary). I have a very large selection of movies to borrow from.
- Mini-fridge with tiny freezer, microwave, toaster oven, coffee-maker, electric griddle, steamer/rice cooker, blender, dishes and a nice gas grill w/side burner outside on the deck
- AC, heat & ceiling fan
- Lovely courtyard with table & chairs
- Hot tub privileges for responsible guests
- Self-service laundry $2 per load (soap/bleach included)
- Smoking allowed on patio but not inside
- Please note this guesthouse is TINY: it's just a small bedroom (just large enough to fit all the above) & an attached bath (separated by a curtain). But it has vaulted ceilings and clerestory windows (on the north - great light for an artist) that make it bright & airy.
- Please contact me to arrange check-in/check-out times for your stay
- We may be able accommodate your pets if they get along well with small dogs (refundable $100 pet deposit will apply)
- HUGE bonus: free bicycle to use while staying here, with basket for groceries from numerous close markets*
...just a really nice place with a quiet and secluded feel in a friendly neighborhood that's blocks from the University and right down the street from the shops, restaurants, and fun of 4th Avenue
$50/night, two night minimum stay
Note that during the International Gem Show (generally the first 2 weeks of February), rates increase to $80/night and $400/week.
A $50 cash cleaning deposit (due on arrival) will be refunded to you if the property is in the same condition as when you arrived. You don't have to clean if you don't want to be bothered with it, you just have the option of saving $50 (pretty easily) if you want. we'll launder the bedding & towels so don't worry about making the bed.
Contact me for latest availability - it changes daily. Two small dogs live here (miniature greyhound, poodle mix) and 1 cat, and they have access through a pet door to the patio/backyard area. They do not have access inside the guesthouse of course.
* Please note the bike is an old single-speed cruiser that's seen younger and better days. Please understand the bike is available for use only at your own risk, and you should examine it thoroughly before each ride to make sure you are comfortable using it. We don't make any effort to inspect the bike regularly, and we do not warrant its availability, serviceability, or safety, and we hereby disclaim any and all responsibility for any injury sustained while using it, even in the event of bicycle part failure. All that said, Ol' Bailey may not be beautiful but has been a workhorse for years. (We're not lawyers- if you are please feel free to help us with our legal-speak! :)
Interaction with Guests
Airbnb asks us to describe our level of interaction with guests. In my case that really depends on the guest. The guesthouse is behind my own home, but I stay busy, and I've had guests who've booked for a month and who I've barely seen. I've also had guests who I became close friends with and travel to see myself. I enjoy meeting people and I'm happy to show you the nearby downtown area of Tucson if I have time (which I often do). But a lot of guests just want a quiet place to themselves to relax, and I feel this is a great place to do that too. If you are the type that wants to be introduced to things to do in and around Tucson, don't hesitate to ask! :)
No smoking inside. Smoking on the patio is fine, but please discard butts in the ashtray thank you.
Michael is a gracious host. He made me feel welcomed and ensured I had everything I needed during my stay. The accommodations are small, but prime location convenient to anything you may want to do while in Tucson.
Was easy to find and welcomed by Michael. We were able to come and go from the side gate off the driveway without bothering anyone. The bed was really comfy and the room has everything you could need, a small desk and chair, microwave, cooker, mini fridge, even a coffee maker had we stopped to get some ground coffee.
Michael was very welcoming.
The place is teensy-tiny (as advertized) so maybe not for everyone or for an extended stay. It was perfect for my needs. Michael supplied a one-speed cruiser bicycle with which I tooled down to the University for business there, or over to 4th St for a beer and a taco. In the morning, the November sun fell on the patio and I basked in it, warming my bones and reading. I'll be back.
I stayed here while spending a week in Tucson for a conference at the nearby Marriott. The little house was cozy, cute, private, and just what I needed. Michael was flexible when my arrival and departure times changed, which was much appreciated. I did not bring a car to Tucson, so the bicycle was a useful perk as well.
The guesthouse was perfect, clean and it was great stating there. Michael was amazing. Super friendly and helpful. If I ever come back to Tucson, this is where I will stay. 10/10 experience.
Michael was very accompanying and willing to work with me with my stay. The neighborhood is safe and quiet and close to campus which worked it for me. I can see how the place might seem small if your spending a long time in the room or traveling with someone. Definitely a great host and home to stay at.
This is a great little place at a great little price, and Michael was super accommodating to meet my special circumstances (arrival and departure, transportation to conference hotel, etc.). The place is small but very private--you get your own cozy little house! I enjoyed petting his dogs when they showed up a couple of times. In front there's a small table and chairs, very nice for eating outside, and you get a kitchenette thrown in. As a hotel suite it would be rated two stars, but as a fun place to stay over it's really four stars. Very conveniently located two blocks from the main drag and a 20-minute walk or 6-minute bike ride to the Marriott where the conference was located. Overall, another great AirBnB experience.
I'm an avid traveler and I've been hosting guests from all over the world in my guesthouse since 2008. I absolutely love to travel and my favorite experiences of all have always been meeting and staying with locals. So when I bought this place with a small guesthouse, I thought, why not host fellow travelers?