About this listing
Located less than 1 minute walk from Lisbon's main boulevard, Avenida da Liberdade. Walking distance from several Lisbon's Main Attractions. Very centrally located, this quiet flat will be your perfect "Home away from Home". Comfortably hosts 4.
Apartment is located in a renewed historical 18th century building. Very quiet street, but just around the corner is the vibrant Avenue.
- 1st Floor (not ground level) with beautiful palace and garden view.
- 71.5 m2 of total space + 14 m2 of private patio
- 1 bedroom with double size bed
- 1 closet room
- 1 large lounge room (25 m2) with sofa-bed for up to 2 additional guests;
- Cable TV (+ than 100 channels) & free high speed internet WiFi.
- Spacious apartment, comfortably accommodates 4;
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Nespresso coffee machine;
- Private Patio;
- Towels and all bed linen included;
- Hair dryer;
- Power plug adaptor (For our US/ UK guests);
- 2 airfans (for Summer); 2 heaters (for Winter);
- "Baby Pack" (Travel crib, bathtub, toys,...) available upon request.
Interaction with Guests
- I always try to be there to personally meet and welcome you, because that is something I treasure; If I really can't be there, my mother will warmly welcome you. :)
- During your stay I will always be available to answer any questions/doubts or help you in case of any trouble.
- If you wish to, I will also give you a short briefing about Lisbon's highlights and main attractions, and recommend my favorite places in the city.
- At the apartment, I also have a "personal" folder about Lisbon (my favorite attractions, places, restaurants, terraces,...) - Some guests love it!
If you intend to "Walk the City", my apartment is the perfect place to stay since it is very centrally located. It is less than 1 minute walk from Lisbon's main boulevard, "Avenida da Liberdade", which links 2 historical and famous Lisbon Squares: "Marquis of Pombal" Square and "Restauradores" Square (the cornerstone of Rossio, Baixa (Downtown), Chiado & Príncipe Real districts). Indeed, you may explore just by walking these famous Lisbon's districts, but also Bairro Alto, Castelo/ Alfama & Mouraria districts. For Lisbon's Belém and Parque das Nações districts you are very close to means of transport that will easily get you there.
- You will also be within short walking distance (5 minutes) from the monumental Rossio train station, the departure point for a daytrip to Sintra (UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- The apartment is located in the "Avenida (da Liberdade)" District, a renowned glamourous and fashion neighborhood since this Avenue (less than a minute from the apartment) hosts top stores and brands, such as Prada, Miú Miú, Michael Kors, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, among many other high-end stores and boutiques. This avenue - nowadays considered the 35th most expensive in the World - also displays several famous historical buildings, hotels, opera houses/ theaters, kiosks, gardens and beautiful mosaic pavements. This neighborhood also hosts some of the best restaurants in the city and country.
- Free parking on the apartment's street or close paid parking.
- A few steps from several means of transport, such as aerobus, buses, metro/ subway stations (Restauradores, Avenida & Rossio), Rossio Train Station & Trams (#28 & #15) to get you anywhere you want in Lisbon or around (Sintra, Cascais,...);
Other Things to Note
BEAR IN MIND the apartment has a LOWER THAN AVERAGE CEILING HEIGHT, slightly above 2 meters, so mind the head if you are a tall person. Shower tray features slightly above 1.90m.
WALKING DISTANCE from several Lisbon's Main Attractions:
- "Lavra" Elevator, the oldest in town (30 secs) -takes you to the not-to-miss Torel Garden & Viewpoint;
- Historical wooden Tram #28 first stop (10 min) not-to-miss ride in the city!
- Tram #15 first stop (10 min) - to get you to Belém District in about 30 minutes;
- Restauradores, Marquis of Pombal, Rossio, Figueira & Comércio Squares (between 2 and 13 min)
- Rua Augusta, most famous pedestrian street (7 min), Rua do Carmo & Rua Garrett, also famous Lisbon's streets (7 min);
- Rua Augusta Arch/ Triumphal Arch (13 min);
- São Jorge's Castle - 28 min (less if you get the elevator on Fanqueiros Street in Baixa)(URL HIDDEN) ... Among many others! :)
GETTING TO THE APARTMENT is quite easy, whether you arrive Lisbon by car, plane or train. Give me an update on your travel/ arriving plan, and I will provide easy instructions/directions to get to the apartment.
- This will be your "Home away from Home", so most "Rules" are basically the same as in your own home, such as making an effort to keep it clean and tidy, and be watchful of it (for example, by locking the door and turning off all electric devices every time you leave, etc.).
Other Home Rules include:
- No smoking inside; for smoking you may use our private patio; - Avoid moving any furniture from its original spot; - At check-out (until 12pm), leave the apartment keys on the glass dining table.
THE BUILDING RULES:
- Respect the peace, especially between 9pm (21:00) and 9am (9:00); - Make sure you leave the building door shut every time you leave/arrive; You may leave the garbage in a proper closed garbage bag inside the green trash dump every day after 7pm, except on holidays and Sundays.
From Dec 01, 2015 - Feb 29, 2016 the minimum stay is 2 nights.