Located less than 1 min. walk from one of the most luxurious and beautiful avenues in the world, Avenida da Liberdade. Very centrally located, you'll be 10 to 15min. walking distance from several neighboorhoods, attractions and sightseeing sites. Located in a quiet street, this flat will be your perfect "Home away from Home". Comfortably hosts 4. I was selected to be Host Educator and speaker in 2016, so expect an excellent welcome and priceless tips about Lisbon: Check my past guests' reviews!
This flat is located in a renewed historical 18th century building. Located in a quiet street but very centrally located: just around the corner is the vibrant Avenida da Liberdade - considered among the 10 most luxurious in the world - with its high-end stores, beautiful pavements and charming theaters, restaurants, pavement cafés.
- 1st Floor (only 13 steps to climb): Important feature since most buildings don't have an elevator and carrying heavy luggage is no fun!)
- 71.5 m2 of total space + 14 m2 of private patio (it is spacious and airy flat, which is why it comfortably hosts up to 4 guests);
- Cozy and charming private Patio/ courtyard;
- Double gaze windows Beautiful palace and garden view (though it is a calm street, you will forget you are so centrally located);
- 1 bedroom with double size bed (1,40m*2,00m) - some guests had mentioned how very confortable the bed is!;
- 1 closet room: loads of room for your belongings;
- 1 large lounge room (25 m2) with sofa-bed for up to 2 additional guests;
- Free high speed internet WiFi;
- 2 heaters in the living room and 1 heater in bedroom: you won't feel cold!
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Nespresso coffee machine;
- Towels and all bed linen included;
- Cable TV (+ than 100 channels).
- Towels and all bed linen included;
- Power plug adaptor (For our US/ UK guests);
- 2 airfans (for Summer)
-"Baby Pack" (Travel crib, bathtub, toys,...) available upon request.
Just make yourself at (your own) Home and enjoy feeling and living like a local because that is what Airbnb is all about.
Interaction with guests
- I always try to be there to personally meet and welcome you, because that is something I treasure. If you arrive during working days until 4.30pm, it will be my mother to warmly welcome you but I can meet you afterwards if you wish! :)
- During your stay I will be ALWAYS available to answer any questions/doubts or help you in an unexpected event or in case of any trouble.
- If you wish to, I will also give you a short briefing - with some priceless tips - about Lisbon's highlights and main attractions, and recommend my favorite places in the city. But if you love to have "your space", a the flat you will find a very "personal" folder about Lisbon (my favorite attractions, places, restaurants, terraces,...) - Some guests love it!
Other things to note
BEAR IN MIND the apartment has a LOWER THAN AVERAGE CEILING HEIGHT, SLIGHTLY ABOVE 2 meters. Also, shower tray features slightly above 1.90m and the entries to the living room are also around 1,85m, so mind the head if you are a tall person. This hasn't been an issue to 99% of guests, even for the taller ones. :)
Since September 2016, there is a store downstairs open everyday from 10am to 8pm. They have music playing and since it is an historical building from 1832 you can hear the music in the apartment. Despite this issue has not been mentioned so far as a problem by any guests (probably because they are sightseeing), but please keep this in mind, especially if you are sensitive to music and/or if you plan to spend time in the apartment during the day.
- This will be your "Home away from Home", so most "Rules" are basically the same as in your own home, such as making an effort to keep it clean and tidy, and be watchful of it (for example, by locking the door and turning off all electric devices every time you leave, etc.).
Other Home Rules include:
- No smoking inside; for smoking you may use our private patio; - Avoid moving any furniture from its original spot; - At check-out (until 12pm), leave the apartment keys on the glass dining table.
THE BUILDING RULES:
- Respect the peace, especially between 9pm (21:00) and 9am (9:00); - Make sure you leave the building door shut every time you leave/arrive; You may leave the garbage in a proper closed garbage bag inside the green trash dump every day after 7pm, except on holidays and Sundays.
Born thirty-something years ago in the amazing Lisbon. :) Spent several school breaks and Summers with my Granny in the medieval village of Sintra (a day-trip is totally worth it if you have the time!).
People would describe me as a very affectionate, authentic & dynamic person. I am also someone who loves to warmly welcome people. I can't imagine my Life without: Manuel (my husband), Carolina (our very enchanting 3-year old daughter), Inês (born on June 1st 2015!), Friends & Family. And, of course, I love travelling, meeting new people, cultures & habits, always running away from touristic traps.
This apartment is where we lived until January 2014, and so every corner is full of memories, plenty of them full of happy laughs! :) We Loooooved living there (we really miss it!), and perhaps that's the main reason we want to share it with others.
Favorite Book: Everything written by Irvin D. Yalom!
What I love to bring from places I visit: Traditional toys or games.
Our family's life motto: "I love you more today than yesterday and I will love you more tomorrow than today"!